EA Forums - Banner

Attention House Farmers! $$$ is waiting!

this is a great reason for everyone to liquidate your house farms. I say go for it!

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Oh boy, this is a housing crisis waiting to happen. :lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • kb865supra
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Just liquidated 480 blue houses for almost $26 million. Buy low, sell high! WOO HOO! :mrgreen:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Wow! :shock:
  • LPNintendoITA
    11652 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    its funny cause you build housefarms to get the money lol
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • dustandair
    91 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    It may seem like a big profit in the short term, but selling them isn't worth it in the long run.

For example: with my current bonus percentage, blue houses pay out $353, and that will likely go up over time. At the current payout, they'll each earn $54,000 in 153 taps, which would be about five months if I only clear them once a day, less if I clear them more often.

Plus there's the xp they give, too.

If you're planning on playing for longer than a few months (or whatever length you calculate based on your own bonus percentage and current payouts), it's more profitable to keep them.
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    dustandair wrote:
    It may seem like a big profit in the short term, but selling them isn't worth it in the long run.

For example: with my current bonus percentage, blue houses pay out $353, and that will likely go up over time. At the current payout, they'll each earn $54,000 in 153 taps, which would be about five months if I only clear them once a day, less if I clear them more often.

If you're planning on playing for longer than a few months (or whatever length you calculate based on your own bonus percentage and current payouts), it's more profitable to keep them.
    Valid point. But boy it's nice for a little boost sometimes!
  • kb865supra
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    dustandair wrote:

Even at the $1800 price per blue house now ($1500 when I bought them), it would still only cost less than a million to buy them all back. Net profit is around 25 million. I get my house farm back to the way it was, splurge on a couple of premium items and still have 10 million left over. I'm pretty happy with my decision.

Hmmm...didn't realize that the price of a house goes up with each successive purchase. Not sure what it would cost to get them all back now. :(. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Ha ha
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    kb865supra wrote:
    dustandair wrote:

Even at the $1800 price per blue house now ($1500 when I bought them), it would still only cost less than a million to buy them all back. Net profit is around 25 million. I get my house farm back to the way it was, splurge on a couple of premium items and still have 10 million left over. I'm pretty happy with my decision.

Hmmm...didn't realize that the price of a house goes up with each successive purchase. Not sure what it would cost to get them all back now. :(. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Ha ha
    Well I'm sure you are better at saving than I am. I'm at 100k now after buying lots of land. 26 mil would have been nice haha
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    So as you all know EA made it more expensive to buy houses once you have many of them. But they have also blessed us. I had around 150 blue houses, and when I went to sell one, it was 54000! Apparently making them more expensive made them be more when selling. Basically, my 200kish I spent months ago turned into 2.5 million.

I don't know if anyone else knew, but this is just too awesome! I bought every building for money I didn't have and went on a land shopping spree.

Has anyone else done this?

I have quite a few blue houses giving me about $1m every week appx. If I sell them I'd soon be regretting it in a few months time. Don't forget it's not $150 you get it's $150+your bonus multiplier so about $220 for me :D

So a quick buck great :shock: But remember once their gone their gone. :mrgreen:
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    hughejars wrote:
    So as you all know EA made it more expensive to buy houses once you have many of them. But they have also blessed us. I had around 150 blue houses, and when I went to sell one, it was 54000! Apparently making them more expensive made them be more when selling. Basically, my 200kish I spent months ago turned into 2.5 million.

I don't know if anyone else knew, but this is just too awesome! I bought every building for money I didn't have and went on a land shopping spree.

Has anyone else done this?

I have quite a few blue houses giving me about $1m every week appx. If I sell them I'd soon be regretting it in a few months time. Don't forget it's not $150 you get it's $150+your bonus multiplier so about $220 for me :D

So a quick buck great :shock: But remember once their gone their gone. :mrgreen:
    I don't have time anymore to check blue houses or any houses, so I guess it's ok? I don't know, I just need to get some patience skills now I guess.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    If I had a farm, I'd sell them. I need more money, and its not like they are going anywhere, if I just happened to need another house.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm just wondering why I have lately seen so many people with house farms that will clear everything but their farms. Not only does it leave you searching for something to tap when visiting, it is totally against the reason for having a house farm in the first place... Unless you like a bunch of houses all stuck together for no reason. *shrugs*
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    I'm just wondering why I have lately seen so many people with house farms that will clear everything but their farms. Not only does it leave you searching for something to tap when visiting, it is totally against the reason for having a house farm in the first place... Unless you like a bunch of houses all stuck together for no reason. *shrugs*
    It's about time for me to get redesigning my town, but the update makes it annoying with the buildings not storing
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    It's about time for me to get redesigning my town, but the update makes it annoying with the buildings not storing
    It's not letting you store buildings? I didn't know that. :(

My thing on not clearing house farms goes back well over a month now. It's just something that puzzles me. :)
  • ZennGlenn
    1766 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    its funny cause you build housefarms to get the money lol

Maniacal financial mayhem... thread gave me a nice little laugh :twisted:

...My experience: moderate sized brown house farm gave me the only boost needed to get comfortable enough to sell it off back around lvl 37; all probably depends on your townscaping or hoarding goals :wink:
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    It's not letting you store buildings? I didn't know that. :(

My thing on not clearing house farms goes back well over a month now. It's just something that puzzles me. :)
    Just the event buildings I can't store, like monsanto
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.