EA Forums - Banner

Buyer Beware!

Prev13
That really sucks, but maybe the person you spoke with was just uninformed? I've always dealt with things using the online live chat, and it's never taken more than a few hours to connect to someone. If I don't get what I want the first time, I contact them again. The one and only time I had a problem receiving donuts was during the Christmas Gil sale. I had to talk to them 3 times before I finally got my donuts. The first person said I had to wait 24 hours to see if they'd show up (which is reasonable). After waiting 24 hours, the second person said the developers were "working on the problem" and I'd get the donuts eventually (LIE!). He was really nice about it though, but I think he was just told to tell everyone that, even though it didn't end up being true. Then after waiting 2 and a half weeks, I contacted them again and the person gave me the donuts, plus I think 200 extra for the trouble. So, I think you should just keep trying until you get what you want. I know it sucks, but...Well, no but, it just sucks that we have to try this hard to get what we pay for.

Replies

• johncolombo
    11497 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I thought it had been concluded a long time ago iTunes or where ever you buy your donuts from is the one to contact and make good on the donut purchases. EA does not handle that directly. Am I wrong about that ? Good luck !!!!
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    That's sad! :shock: It makes you think twice about buying anything! :shock:

Thankfully Amazon came to the rescue! :-)
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    That really sucks, but maybe the person you spoke with was just uninformed? I've always dealt with things using the online live chat, and it's never taken more than a few hours to connect to someone. If I don't get what I want the first time, I contact them again. The one and only time I had a problem receiving donuts was during the Christmas Gil sale. I had to talk to them 3 times before I finally got my donuts. The first person said I had to wait 24 hours to see if they'd show up (which is reasonable). After waiting 24 hours, the second person said the developers were "working on the problem" and I'd get the donuts eventually (LIE!). He was really nice about it though, but I think he was just told to tell everyone that, even though it didn't end up being true. Then after waiting 2 and a half weeks, I contacted them again and the person gave me the donuts, plus I think 200 extra for the trouble. So, I think you should just keep trying until you get what you want. I know it sucks, but...Well, no but, it just sucks that we have to try this hard to get what we pay for.

Izabellatrix, thank you for telling me this! You're right, it DOES suck! But if you were able to get your donuts after going through (pretty much) the same thing, at least I have hope that I'll be able to get mine. It baffles me that they give customers, especially PAYING customer, such a hard time! You'd think they'd treat us with a little more respect. I can't believe they manage to stay in business when they act like this.

But again, thank you so much for giving me hope! :) I really appreciate it!
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Wondering why you keep buying when it's such a hassle.

Or rather - you KNOW it's going to be difficult, and this is a risk you are choosing to run.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I thought it had been concluded a long time ago iTunes or where ever you buy your donuts from is the one to contact and make good on the donut purchases. EA does not handle that directly. Am I wrong about that ? Good luck !!!!

I buy through Amazon, but after (roughly) the 12th time of purchasing and reimbursing, they told me to contact EA directly because it was obviously a problem with their app, and that, even though Amaon initially gets the payment, it gets forwarded to EA and they do get the money for them.

When neither one takes ownership, it's called, "passing the buck." :roll:

Thankfully Amazon really DOES want to take cars of paying customers (with a LONG history).
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited April 2015

Izabellatrix, thank you for telling me this! You're right, it DOES suck! But if you were able to get your donuts after going through (pretty much) the same thing, at least I have hope that I'll be able to get mine. It baffles me that they give customers, especially PAYING customer, such a hard time! You'd think they'd treat us with a little more respect. I can't believe they manage to stay in business when they act like this.

But again, thank you so much for giving me hope! :) I really appreciate it!

No problem, good luck!
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Wondering why you keep buying when it's such a hassle.

Or rather - you KNOW it's going to be difficult, and this is a risk you are choosing to run.

When the customer service rep from EA told me that, as long as I could furnish a receipt, there would BE no hassle, I believed them. If I had known that this was going to happen, I wouldn't have purchased them.
    That's sad! :shock: It makes you think twice about buying anything! :shock:

Thankfully Amazon came to the rescue! :-)

So true! Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited April 2015
    After the one time I had trouble with donuts loading in my game, I started buying Amazon coins. Never had a problem since and they are a little cheaper too.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Man that sucks and really is shocking!
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    Man that sucks and really is shocking!

I still can't believe it. :(
    sojournfan wrote:
    After the one time I had trouble with donuts loading in my game, I started buying Amazon coins. Never had a problem since and they are a little cheaper too.

I tried that, too. :(
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited April 2015
    sojournfan wrote:

I tried that, too. :(

That sucks. I can't believe EA treated you like that. It's definitely on EA's end if it happens so much. Terrible customer service.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I find that customer service is very inconsistent across the board at EA. The call center is usually the place I get the best results. Unfortunately, even there I find the responses vary. It would be nice if they could find a way to get all the reps on the same page so the responses (from any method of contact) didn't vary so much.

Sorry that you had a crappy experience, though, Emy. Hopefully they will make it right for you!
  • poorrichie
    21 posts
    edited April 2015
    Excuse my ignorance . But how do you buy donuts through Amazon? I have the game on iPad when you buy it through the app it deducts from iTunes . When I buy them on my android it deducts from the google play store. Didn't know you could buy them anywhere else!
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Seems strange. Are you using an old device? EA service issues aside, these transactions take place through a 3rd party marketplace.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I remember a few months back during the desert island debacle, someone on here had a great idea. They opened up a ticket with their local Better Business Bureau. I think in your case this may be a good idea as well.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes, it seems strange, I agree. I wish when you spoke to rep at EA who told you as long as you have a receipt everything will be fine had actually instead said, wow, this is the 11th time this has happened to your same account, we need to fix the problem. Of course, that would be too logical. And it would require them to make some additional effort to address the issue, rather than just closing out the ticket and getting credit for a problem resolved.

However, when I think about it a little more, there is a clear distinction between buying a scratch off ticket, and not getting your donuts, and just buying a boatload of donuts and not receiving them. I think this is true because when you buy the golden scratch ticket, it says your purchase was successful, and then you scratch the ticket to see how many donuts you won. The issue is clearly with the game mechanism not granting you those donuts. The purchase worked because you received the ticket. But with the boatload, it should say your purchase was successful and then you should be immediately credited those donuts. Your purchase was not successful because it did not go through.

I don't know, I agree that seems trivial. But I think it may be a distinction of where you have to go for the refund. I wish I could find a different link that addressed a very similar issue.

I am just stating this, not trying to defend EA one way or the other. I really hope you get your donuts soon with minimum hassle.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    If I remember correctly, as someone explained to me, not getting the correct amount of donuts, is an issue to be resolved with EA. But not receiving any donuts at all is an issue to be resolved with Itunes, or Google play store, or Amazon. I believe that is how it was explained to me from a different thread around Christmas time. So I would say in your example, with the Golden Scratch Ticket, you did not receive the correct amount of donuts, but you still received your purchase, the scratch ticket. But with the boatload, you did not receive any donuts at all, so therefore you have to resolve that with Amazon. I am only speculating, and not trying to say this is the correct thing to do.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    bradyc79 wrote:
    The purchase worked because you received the ticket. But with the boatload, it should say your purchase was successful and then you should be immediately credited those donuts. Your purchase was not successful because it did not go through.

I don't know, I agree that seems trivial. But I think it may be a distinction of where you have to go for the refund. I wish I could find a different link that addressed a very similar issue.

I am just stating this, not trying to defend EA one way or the other. I really hope you get your donuts soon with minimum hassle.

Problem is, there are TWO "your purchase is successful" popups. The first one comes from Google PlayStore. It says "Your purchase was successful". Then the screen goes back to the whatchamacallit splash screen, and when it works, I see a popup from EA saying "Your purchase was successful". I look and -- voila -- I have donuts. I was out $50 once. I got the google "payment was successful" sign, but when my town reloaded, I did NOT get the EA "payment was successful" sign. EA would do nuthin. One call to Google Playstore and my money was back in my bank.

This system buying donuts is totally nuts.

It's as if I had to call Visa BEFORE I can buy a TV from BestBuy, to tell Visa to send some money to BestBuy so that BestBuy will give me a TV, and Visa has no idea whether or not BestBuy even HAS a TV, let alone whether BestBuy is intending to give it to me after I pay. Meanwhile, I just watch my Visa account get drained and expect that, when I get to BestBuy, my TV will be waiting for me.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • edited April 2015
    I've tried at least two dozen times over the past few weeks! Thankfully, Amazon has been giving me refunds to try and repurchase them, but I still had problems.

Thankfully, Amazon was very understanding (and rightfully shocked) and are doing their best to help me. I haven't received the donuts yet, but they DID refund my money and are doing a follow-up to see why this happened. They told me that they were shocked with how EA handled this transaction, but would do their best to get me those donuts.

Although I'm very grateful to Amazon, I, too, am SHOCKED with how EA handled my transaction! Even though I supplied them with a screenshot of my receipt, and did EVERYTHING they asked, they WOULD NOT give me the donuts.

These are computer generated DONUTS!!!
    Giving me the donuts that I PAID FOR, wouldn't have hurt them in ANY way!! These are NOT tangible items. They are COMPUTER GENERATED DONUTS... groupings of PIXELS, that they make TONS of money selling!

If, or when, I receive these donuts, it will be my LAST TIME purchasing from them. I DO NOT TRUST THEM!!

Again, they were fine handling the first bad transaction. But when it happened a second time, even though I furnished them with a RECEIPT and everything... they REFUSED to help me!

Seems to me that there is an issue with Amazon refunding a number of purchases without being able to verify if they were or were not ever actually credited. Opens them up to be scammed by dishonest people.

Also, OP got their money back for the purchase and is still going off about when, not if, they get their donuts... These computer generated groupings of pixels they they make tons of money selling, so much that the OP deserves a boatload for free because they're having a continuously repeating problem that nobody else is having...

I think somebody got greedy.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    poorrichie wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance . But how do you buy donuts through Amazon? I have the game on iPad when you buy it through the app it deducts from iTunes . When I buy them on my android it deducts from the google play store. Didn't know you could buy them anywhere else!
    Buy an Amazon Fire tablet. Downloading the Amazon Appstore to an Android tablet should also work. The app will default to the store you downloaded the app from.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.