EA Forums - Banner

Slightly confused about which currency to go for...

fertilizer seems like the need to me right now

i select jobs that make DNA or fertilizer right now as some characters just have corn tasks anyways and right now i seem to have a lot of corn. maybe i am wrong but this is what i am doing now and could change later depending on my needs.
upgrading the facility to the max is my number 1 priority right now and i need fertilizer for that.

Replies

  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I would also prioritize the fertilizer until you upgraded your research center enough for your liking.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited April 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    I would also prioritize the fertilizer until you upgraded your research center enough for your liking.

    Aye, upgraded to lvl 15 straight away, just waiting for enough fertilizer to get lvl 16 atm.

  • thatdonald845
    1568 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I have 67 characters all earning different currency on differently timed tasks. I have no idea what is going on. :shock:

    More than slightly confusing!
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to wait till Act 3 before balancing. Right now I'm just earning as much I can as quick as I can.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    for today while I get the hang of the event, I'm putting the characters on the shorter task.

    my goal is to start a good timing plan tomorrow (ie I think I'll stick to a 4 hour visiting pattern, this isn't so great for the 1-2 hour tasks so if they have a multiple of 4 hour task they'll go on that instead, I can treat the 3 hour task like a 4 hour task, the 6 hour task is just an 8 hour task, etc (I'm at Monsarno level 16, going to upgrade to level 17 to deal with the 1 hour task not being collected as much)

    I know that I can play for 16ish hours a day (I enjoy sleeping, it's probably more like 17 hours with town clearing, assigning tasks).
  • FeeJay1111
    235 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Add me to the confused list too.

    This event seems very long already. Especially as I haven't crafted anything yet. The strategy seems to be to put off crafting til the end because upgrades are more important. Well, that may be logical but I'm impatient & want more. I'm did one upgrade today but I'm thinking of getting the farmer's market when I have enough fertiliser. I'm not too bothered about a lot of the stuff but the market is one of the few things I want.

    I don't really like the crafting thing. It's just as irritating & random as the wheel. During the last event I had masses of some crafting currency and little of others. The event ended with loads of useless leftover currency. At the same time my husband really needed the things I had in abundance. Annoying.

    Adding more currency earning jobs for characters who already have different currency earning jobs just confuses me more.

    I enjoy catching the mutants and have managed to get organised with the Cecil tasks. I got the mutant pet and some extra donuts from the shovels in Act 1. That was fun. Collecting masses of fertiliser/corn/dna for prizes takes a little fun away. Only some of the crafting stuff comes from jobs and the rest is random. So there's a chance that I could tap my fingers to the bone and get masses of currency but the wrong amounts.

    Anyone getting very few beans, btw. Some mornings I've only got 1 when clearing my SF.
  • johncolombo
    11200 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2015
    FeeJay1111 wrote:
    Add me to the confused list too.

    This event seems very long already. Especially as I haven't crafted anything yet. The strategy seems to be to put off crafting til the end because upgrades are more important. Well, that may be logical but I'm impatient & want more. I'm did one upgrade today but I'm thinking of getting the farmer's market when I have enough fertiliser. I'm not too bothered about a lot of the stuff but the market is one of the few things I want.

    I don't really like the crafting thing. It's just as irritating & random as the wheel. During the last event I had masses of some crafting currency and little of others. The event ended with loads of useless leftover currency. At the same time my husband really needed the things I had in abundance. Annoying.

    Adding more currency earning jobs for characters who already have different currency earning jobs just confuses me more.

    I enjoy catching the mutants and have managed to get organised with the Cecil tasks. I got the mutant pet and some extra donuts from the shovels in Act 1. That was fun. Collecting masses of fertiliser/corn/dna for prizes takes a little fun away. Only some of the crafting stuff comes from jobs and the rest is random. So there's a chance that I could tap my fingers to the bone and get masses of currency but the wrong amounts.

    Anyone getting very few beans, btw. Some mornings I've only got 1 when clearing my SF.

    Yep I'm back to being confused. I woke up and was able to level up to 16. Now I have too many choices of tasks and I have nothing I am able to craft. There's over a month left of the event. So I guess it will balance out, make more sense again, but I'm leaning back to not one of my favorite events. I already stored some stuff, but if I want the Italian villa, I'm going to have to store more. IDK, maybe I should let this be my first event to pass on and get caught up on work. With the hour tasks being the optimal ones, I just don't think this event is very playable unless you're unemployed. Maybe I'm just still tired. Act 1 took too long to figure out, now the game is really all over the place. Bring back the wheel?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited April 2015
    Think I will settle on upgrade to lvl 17, then put any characters on dna and fertilizer earning tasks (if they have a corn option as well).

    Many of them have only corn gathering tasks so fingers crossed that will be covered by them without extra resources being diverted from elsewhere
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Think I will settle on upgrade to lvl 17, then put any characters on dna and fertilizer earning tasks (if they have a corn option as well).

    Many of them have only corn gathering tasks so fingers crossed that will be covered by them without extra resources being diverted from elsewhere

    I went to 17, and now I'm focusing on collecting more. Is there an upgrade ceiling this act?
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm still going for fertilizer when I can, then corn. The Farmer's Market is the crafting item I want the most, so I still need lots of fertilizer for that. Plus we need it for leveling up the lab. I'll worry about DNA and those weird faces later.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • duncanbrow162
    280 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm a bit lost as well. Levelled up the building to 17, and now have 93 characters there on different timed tasks.

    Edit:93 characters.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm a bit lost as well. Levelled up the building to 17, and now have 91 characters there on different timed tasks.

    is 17 the ceiling in this act?
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I'm a bit lost as well. Levelled up the building to 17, and now have 91 characters there on different timed tasks.

    is 17 the ceiling in this act?

    based on simpsonswiki there's no upgrade cap (level 17 increases fertilizer payouts, level 18 increases corn, level 19 increases DNA and things past level 20 are also payout increases)

    the last level that adds character tasks is level 16
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Im not sure why everyone is confused. Enjoy the questline as it unfolds, put characters on tasks, earn currency, craft, repeat.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I have 67 characters all earning different currency on differently timed tasks. I have no idea what is going on. :shock:

    More than slightly confusing!

    Same here! :shock:

    DYutYfo.jpg
  • ytwilson
    101 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    It was painful upgrading a few times. Forgot where I stopped, but I could upgrade more. I was 73 donuts away from the farm market before I started upgrading. Now I am back to over 220. (That is my measure of how close I was. The fewer donuts needed to complete, the closer I am.). It is a little depressing to work so hard and now basically start all over, and then add the added confusion of DNA strands.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Well, after upgrading to level 16, I am running very low on fertilizer and still have thousands of corn. In act one, I prioritized fertilizer tasks over corn, and that will continue because I have such a surplus of corn and so many characters only have corn tasks. I'll also be prioritizing DNA over both corn and fertilizer for the moment because it's a new material so I'm starting with nothing. We'll see if I need to keep doing that or if the characters who can exclusively get DNA will be enough.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited April 2015
    So since there is no cap, is there an advised level to stop at to start crafting? I managed the Farmer's Market in phase one thus only allowing me to cap at level 9 (when the phase launched today). So I would like to craft other prizes along with the new things, but I still want to be optimized on production.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    So since there is no cap, is there an advised level to stop at to start crafting?
    Probably level 20 if you play a lot. There's a very in-depth discussion of the numbers here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10330529.page
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    Im not sure why everyone is confused. Enjoy the questline as it unfolds, put characters on tasks, earn currency, craft, repeat.

    I agree :) For once, I'm not confused :shock:

    I'm liking the fact that there's lots of different elements (albeit initially a bit of information overload) and, depending on what your goals are, you have a certain amount of choice over which supplies to collect. For me, the only craftable in the current crop that I'm really after is the gas station. So now that I've levelled up the research centre so that everyone can go and earn me some stuff, that's what I'm gearing my collecting towards, with a view to building up a good stash of each thing - gas masks will take care of themselves. Of course, once the other things come along that can also be levelled up, I fully expect to be back in the dark. For now I'm enjoying the ride.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!