EA Forums - Banner

Why no celebrities ?

jennylynj21
1305 posts Member
There are a couple (Father Sean, for one, voiced by Liam Neeson in his episode, and we did just get Sidesbow Bob). But.... None of them have voices. Considering a large part of the regular characters don't have have voices, it's hardly surprising that "special guest stars" haven't lent their voices. Also consider the fact that contracts these celebrities signed for their episodes probably didn't cover allowing their voice clips to appear in a game. The Family Guy game with its tons of celebrity voices probably did something different with their show contracts to allow that, or decided to put up the money to hire their services for the game specifically.

Replies

• Deadshot_DCU
    6280 posts Moderator
    edited May 2015
    cripnite wrote:
    There are a couple (Father Sean, for one, voiced by Liam Neeson in his episode, and we did just get Sidesbow Bob). But.... None of them have voices. Considering a large part of the regular characters don't have have voices, it's hardly surprising that "special guest stars" haven't lent their voices. Also consider the fact that contracts these celebrities signed for their episodes probably didn't cover allowing their voice clips to appear in a game. The Family Guy game with its tons of celebrity voices probably did something different with their show contracts to allow that, or decided to put up the money to hire their services for the game specifically.

He's referring to actual Celebreties appearing as themselves in the show. (Paul McCartney, Green Day, Britney Spears, etc...)

We won't get any of these actual characters because they're not Simpsons characters. Besides, we have tons of actual characters still left to go. I for one do not want any real life Celebreties in my game. Now actual characters that are Celebreties in the Simpsons universe, those I'll take. We only have a few currently. Here's hoping for the likes...

Stan Taylor
    Buck Mitchel
    Bill & Marty
    Gunter & Ernst
    Birch Barlow
    Lucius Sweet
    Arthur Crandall with Gabbo
    Itchy & Scratchy
    Declan Desmond

And so forth
  • LPNintendoITA
    11524 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    cripnite wrote:

He's referring to actual Celebreties appearing as themselves in the show. (Paul McCartney, Green Day, Britney Spears, etc...)

We won't get any of these actual characters because they're not Simpsons characters. Besides, we have tons of actual characters still left to go. I for one do not want any real life Celebreties in my game. Now actual characters that are Celebreties in the Simpsons universe, those I'll take. We only have a few currently. Here's hoping for the likes...

Stan Taylor
    Buck Mitchel
    Bill & Marty
    Gunter & Ernst
    Birch Barlow
    Lucius Sweet
    Arthur Crandall with Gabbo
    Itchy & Scratchy
    Declan Desmond

And so forth
    it'd be cool to have LEonard Nimoy with the Monorail :cry:
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 4junk3000
    5330 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Its all about the money and the contracts of course.

FG obviously has different legal structure for using sound clips from the show. They most likely have a different business model for hiring voice over talent for special events as well.

Example: the most recent Star Trek event had about 7 premium characters valued at 265 clams which is about $9 ea.

They could add more voices, but it would obviously make the game more expensive to play. I would not prefer that. But you could express your desire to spend more money on premium voiced characters by contacting them directly, as well as buying all this'd available now.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!