EA Forums - Banner

can we please get the option to sell old event items

They should be sellable but then the items you sell should appear in the store, because someone can accidently sell an item and never get it back.

Like a tab "sold event items"

You sell 30 Easter fences, 30 Easter fences appear in this tab.

Replies

• lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like a good idea to me. It would free up a lot of room in people's inventories.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Meh. It's not like the inventory fills up. And money's easy enough to come by, I've never felt any need to sell anything. I would be much more upset at accidentally selling something when I meant to store it.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I know what you mean about needing to scroll past all that stuff in the inventory.

If they can't let us sell them back, I can think of a couple options.

One option could be to put a "garage" icon next to the sell/box icons, and it would put those items into a virtual messy garage.

The other option could be something I thought of when I started this post, and at the time (7:00 in the morning) it sounded brilliant, but then the kid down the street came driving up the road in his favorite car in which he must have installed jet engines which his parents apparently got him at Christmastime, and now my brain is focused on rethinking my anti-gun philosophy instead of remembering my other getting-rid-of-junk option.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • philong67
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    i would love to be able to sell all the clutter in my inventory from past events.
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'd settle for being able to create 'folders' in your inventory. Store all the Easter fences in the Easter bin and never have to look at them again!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'd settle for being able to create 'folders' in your inventory. Store all the Easter fences in the Easter bin and never have to look at them again!

That would be a nice feature. Not that I ever expect them to do it.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    A "junk folder" of items I will probably never use would be nice, but I'd be happy enough to be able to sell them outright.

I wouldn't even mind if the event-related stuff was sold for $0. It would be worth it just to clear up the clutter so I don't have to keep scanning by them over and over when searching for something specific.

They don't even need to create a new button, just make them sellable (or trash-able) from the inventory menu where most things have a $ button anyway.
  • kellinadyer
    63 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I know what you mean about needing to scroll past all that stuff in the inventory.

If they can't let us sell them back, I can think of a couple options.

One option could be to put a "garage" icon next to the sell/box icons, and it would put those items into a virtual messy garage.

The other option could be something I thought of when I started this post, and at the time (7:00 in the morning) it sounded brilliant, but then the kid down the street came driving up the road in his favorite car in which he must have installed jet engines which his parents apparently got him at Christmastime, and now my brain is focused on rethinking my anti-gun philosophy instead of remembering my other getting-rid-of-junk option.

I laughed way too hard at this :)
  • cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    i agree as well
    would love to get rid of extra valentines fences and spooky walls
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    cvf007 wrote:
    i agree as well
    would love to get rid of extra valentines fences and spooky walls

Why would you want to get rid of spooky walls? They have a multiplier!
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Please, no! The thought of accidentally selling anything that was limited time, no matter how trivial, makes me nauseous. What if I was to accidentally sell one of my 140 Valentine's trees? Or one of my 70-odd vending machines. The horror!
    Seriously though, EA removed the option to sell a lot of LT stuff to stem the tide of whiners saying they sold something by accident. Probably.
    I say leave it the way it is. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    A "hide" option would be nice.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited May 2015
    Please, no! The thought of accidentally selling anything that was limited time, no matter how trivial, makes me nauseous. What if I was to accidentally sell one of my 140 Valentine's trees? Or one of my 70-odd vending machines. The horror!
    Seriously though, EA removed the option to sell a lot of LT stuff to stem the tide of whiners saying they sold something by accident. Probably.
    I say leave it the way it is. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

if they use a double confirmation before the item sells that would stop people accidentally selling

if they pressed yes twice that's their problem
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure there is any real good solution here except for the idea of a junk storage option to filter items you wish to not see when looking at items you have stored. Perhaps the ability to check an item as junk and a new storage tab called my junk that those checked items are filtered to and only viewable in that tabs view would be the way to go rather than enabling sell. Even with having to double confirm before sell there are going to be people who accidentally double confirm. You will have less who do vs a single confirm but believe me people will whine about the accident none the same so the result would be no change in the you can't sell this item as the best way to eliminate that support hassle.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!