EA Forums - Banner

Optimum level for upgrading Opera House?

Replies

• raswartz
    66 posts
    edited May 2015
    I just upgraded to Level 7 so I have the better part of a day to decide about Level 8. If I upgrade, I will be able to switch 4 characters from corn to masks. I have been playing on a 2-hour cycle anyway, so the duration is ok for me.

IF crafting really goes until June 4th (not totally sure we can trust that detail not to change), then I should upgrade to Level 8 as soon as I can and end up about 3500 masks richer in the end.

(4 characters) * (8 masks/character/2hrlogin) * (8 2hrlogins/day) * (20 days) - 1575 masks = 3545 mask net profit.

On the other hand, I only want to craft the houseboat and Homer decoy, so I need fewer than 15,000 masks from here on out, which I can easily craft in about 7 days. So Level 8 is a little superfluous to my goals. I'd actually rather craft the Welcome Bob sign, a second farmers market, and multiple cane fields, than craft multiple cactus patches or extra opera house parts. I'll probably be sending my mask crafters back to work on fertilizer instead.

I actually didn't realize that was going to be my decision when I started this post.
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    was wondering where the 1h task was (after they took away our "work the land" task!)
    as a frequent player, looks like I'll be going to 9.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have been following this discussion, and had decided on level 7 (and reached it today). I play several times a day, have most of the premium folks, and have only crafted the farmers market and gas & go so far. I am sitting on a plenty of fertilizer and corn, so just trying to get to whatever level in everything, and then start saving up for craftables.

After reading a few of the comments today, I am afraid that I may want to go to level 9 on the opera house. I do not really need the one or 2 hour tasks for masks, but I also really don't need the corn or fertilizer the current tasks are providing (not to mention trying to find these tasks since a lot have become unhighlighted).

What has changed my mind was the red box tasks. If they don't start until level 9, I think it might be worth it to go there... I have not seen the 'math' yet, but with the addition of the other mask earners and the red box tasks, it sounds like it should be worth it, no?
  • chamcd
    26 posts
    edited May 2015
    I have been following this discussion, and had decided on level 7 (and reached it today). I play several times a day, have most of the premium folks, and have only crafted the farmers market and gas & go so far. I am sitting on a plenty of fertilizer and corn, so just trying to get to whatever level in everything, and then start saving up for craftables.

After reading a few of the comments today, I am afraid that I may want to go to level 9 on the opera house. I do not really need the one or 2 hour tasks for masks, but I also really don't need the corn or fertilizer the current tasks are providing (not to mention trying to find these tasks since a lot have become unhighlighted).

What has changed my mind was the red box tasks. If they don't start until level 9, I think it might be worth it to go there... I have not seen the 'math' yet, but with the addition of the other mask earners and the red box tasks, it sounds like it should be worth it, no?

I think the red box tasks start after the main story line is finished. Regardless, extra 1 and 2 hour tasks should give us more red box opportunities and doughnuts.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    chamcd wrote:
    Another reason to upgrade to level 9 is the red box tasks. It will be nice to have an extra 1 and 2 hour task to get more musical notes.

I was wondering when that would come back, but then that occurred to me. It's a slow crawl to collect those notes without it. If you are far behind on the prize track, then you will want to reach level 9 so you can catch up. Then it's 2 donuts for 100 notes and you can buy this a limitless number of times.

(Although this probably still screws over people who can't get past the quest line to get Sideshow Bob. This is an even that can only be enjoyed by people who have played since 2012 and have all the characters, premium and limited time premium)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    I'm thinking level 7 makes sense.

According to the Wiki, there's no increase in payout after level 7 until level 10, and the increase is very small. Also, only criminals and saints have jobs added after 7, and there just aren't very many of them. I think it would be tough to make back the materials spent upgrading after 7.
    I have to disagree, at least for people like us who play a lot. It's true there aren't that many saints and criminals, but their tasks are the shortest, which means they have the highest potential payoff if you're logging on regularly.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Pinpal00 wrote:

According to the Wiki, there's no increase in payout after level 7 until level 10, and the increase is very small. Also, only criminals and saints have jobs added after 7, and there just aren't very many of them. I think it would be tough to make back the materials spent upgrading after 7.
    I have to disagree, at least for people like us who play a lot. It's true there aren't that many saints and criminals, but their tasks are the shortest, which means they have the highest potential payoff if you're logging on regularly.

Very true girl, Yesterday upgrade to lvl 9 and now back at 3000 masks!
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Pinpal00 wrote:

I'm at level 7 now and have seen no real increase in masks, so I am going for level 9, I need my criminals earning masks, I don't need corn at all anymore, I have way more than I need.

And I have several premium saints that I can put to use.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3085 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm currently at L8 and aiming for L9. Earnings for masks are exponentially better that earnings for DNA. I'm not worried about having enough masks now, it's DNA that's going to kill me.

I'm already Level 19 on Monsarno and the payout for the 3 hours task on DNA is only 4 DNA. It's not even worth doing the longer tasks because you actually get less DNA than the number of hours spent. I don't know why every crafting event makes some elements ridiculously easy to earn and others are so difficult.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

At this point, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate. However, I'm also enjoying a thread where we're all talking to each other rather than over each other. It's fun, and I don't see any rudeness or hurt feelings.

The bottom line for me is I have no worries at all about getting enough theatre masks, but I don't see how I'll get the DNA back from upgrading. In fact, I've already moved a number of characters off tasks in the theater back to earning DNA. In a couple days, I'll move characters back to earning fertilizer.

I think the best argument for upgrading to level 9 is the red box tasks. I assume the random tasks will come back after the quest is over, and someone who hasn't upgraded to level 9 will be stalled when a saint is given a task at the theatre. That might mean fewer bonus donuts at the end of the event. It will be a small difference, but it will also be a big annoyance.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I got to level 9 last night and am already at 1800 just from overnight. (Yes I checked my game 3 times during the night). I have sent the celebrities back to get the last of the DNA I need then I will just be getting masks.
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited May 2015
    I know it's been said a few times already but I have to agree, I cannot seem to get enough DNA, especially if I want to craft anything? the 12 hour theatre task is already paying out 26 but the same dna only pays about 13? Why the difference?
  • airjordanlives
    235 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    ill add my vote for level 9 if you are able to play frequently, although i have all the saints and criminals available

ive been able to play almost hourly the past few weeks because of covering a long but easy shift at work. I upgraded to level 9 a little more than 24hrs ago and ive already recouped 6000 masks. crafting goals actually seem in sight! :shock:
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    For people struggling with DNA (and have an excess of fertilizer/corn) the level 20 Monsarno upgrade increases dna payouts
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    For those that have reached lvl 9, can you confirm that the red boxes are tied to obtaining that level.

I thought it was tied to completing the Act 3 quest line.
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited May 2015
    casby wrote:
    For people struggling with DNA (and have an excess of fertilizer/corn) the level 20 Monsarno upgrade increases dna payouts

Does it increase by a lot? Ah well, try and see I suppose

5 instead of 3 from 3 hour task. I may even go to 21 and get the extra push. See if I can recoup the fertilizer fast enough.
  • airjordanlives
    235 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    For those that have reached lvl 9, can you confirm that the red boxes are tied to obtaining that level.

i am opera house level 9 but i am behind on the questline, lisa harassing bart now. i have no red box yet
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited May 2015

It is tied to completing the Act 3 quest line. Upgrading the opera house gives you more different tasks for the red box, especially short ones, which will make it easier to get music notes.

I upgraded to level 9 yesterday late afternoon and am now at 4600 masks, so I am not worried about getting enough of those.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    casby wrote:

5 instead of 3 from 3 hour task. I may even go to 21 and get the extra push. See if I can recoup the fertilizer fast enough.

As far as I can tell level 21 doesn't increase dna. I think there was someone on the forum who updated till lvl 24 (and provided payouts)...will search and edit this with info

From here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10331206.page thanks to kashley426 for the chart towards the bottom of that page (I'm at level 20 & a little sadfaced that the 3hour task doesn't have an increase in payout from level20-24 (I want a 2nd farmer's market so I don't have super excess fertilizer to look at post level 20 numbers, kashley426 posted a screengrab confirming these payouts either in this thread or somewhere else on the forum)
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited May 2015
    casby wrote:
    casby wrote:

As far as I can tell level 21 doesn't increase dna. I think there was someone on the forum who updated till lvl 24 (and provided payouts)...will search and edit this with info

From here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10331206.page thanks to kashley426 for the chart towards the bottom of that page (I'm at level 20 & a little sadfaced that the 3hour task doesn't have an increase in payout from level20-24 (I want a 2nd farmer's market so I don't have super excess fertilizer to look at post level 20 numbers, kashley426 posted a screengrab confirming these payouts either in this thread or somewhere else on the forum)

Thanks, I'm at level 20 now, 15 squirter and 8 opera, will be stopping at 9 for opera and then concentrating on crafting
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.