EA Forums - Banner

Optimum level for upgrading Opera House?

124Next

Replies

• thecube28
    127 posts
    edited May 2015
    I didn't bother upgrading the opera house because it's coming up to the end of the event and it's time to start crafting for what I really want, I've already got the gas and grub and loads of monsarno buildings,I really want the Simpsons houseboat to complete my harbour, I should just manage I think!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Opera level 8. I'm more than halfway to the houseboat, so I'm postponing any more upgrades.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks adl and bette. :thumbup:

I stopped at 7 so I'm glad getting the red box started isn't tied to the upgrades.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited May 2015

I stopped at 7 so I'm glad getting the red box started isn't tied to the upgrades.

Keep in mind that you might get a red box task for a criminal or saint at the theater. If you haven't upgraded to level 8 or 9, you won't be able to complete that task. Of course, it might be you never receive one of those tasks, and either way, you'lll have to decide if it's worth expending the resources to make those upgrades for the small red box rewards.
  • empathy77
    4186 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I stopped at 9, there is not a large difference in payout between 9 and 10 so it makes no sense.

9 opens the last type of characters to earn masks
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

Keep in mind that you might get a red box task for a criminal or saint at the theater. If you haven't upgraded to level 8 or 9, you won't be able to complete that task. Of course, it might be you never receive one of those tasks, and either way, you'lll have to decide if it's worth expending the resources to make those upgrades for the small red box rewards.

After leveling the theater level 7, I find myself closing in on the houseboat and wondering if I should level up to level 8 or 9 for the red box tasks once they become available. Right now there's 10.5 days and it will take me roughly 3.5 days to finish out the quest and become eligible for the red box tasks.

If the whole point of getting enough masks in the first place is to be able to purchase what we want, it makes me think that upgrading post-purchase since that's sorta defeating the purpose of upgrading in the first point.

Of course, I still want a cactus field or two...

• amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

LoL, Right, that would be something EA would do... :lol:

Well I'm still going to stick at 7 and see if that happens. I really only want the boat then I'll be working on getting more fertilizer and DNA.
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited May 2015

I've decided to stop at level 7 - no idea if that's a good plan, but at the moment, it's the only one I have....
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    thecube28 wrote:
    I didn't bother upgrading the opera house because it's coming up to the end of the event and it's time to start crafting for what I really want, I've already got the gas and grub and loads of monsarno buildings,I really want the Simpsons houseboat to complete my harbour, I should just manage I think!

You won't get enough masks for the houseboat unless you upgrade.
  • tracille
    81 posts
    edited May 2015
    This is my dilemma as well. I just upgraded to level 7 so I have some time before I will even have enough to upgrade to level 8 but I can't decide if I should. My goals are to get the homer decoy and houseboat so I will need a fair amount of dna and masks. I am also struggling with sending characters on DNA or mask quests, I can't decide which should be the priority right now.

Characters that I have:
    Criminals: Snake, Quimbly, Fat Tony, Legs, Louie, Herman
    Saints: Ned, Rev, Helen, Rod, Todd, Maude

anyone have advice?
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I would choose masks over DNA while you are upgrading unless you do not have enough DNA to upgrade. The DNA tasks pay far too little, so Bob clones and seedlings will be your main source. Masks are rarely found in clones and seedlings, but the Opera stage pays out pretty well.

If you are into those 60 minute tasks, go all the way to level 9. You have more saint characters than me, and I'm doing that.
  • kashley246
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    casby wrote:
    casby wrote:
    For people struggling with DNA (and have an excess of fertilizer/corn) the level 20 Monsarno upgrade increases dna payouts

Does it increase by a lot? Ah well, try and see I suppose

5 instead of 3 from 3 hour task. I may even go to 21 and get the extra push. See if I can recoup the fertilizer fast enough.

As far as I can tell level 21 doesn't increase dna. I think there was someone on the forum who updated till lvl 24 (and provided payouts)...will search and edit this with info

From here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10331206.page thanks to kashley426 for the chart towards the bottom of that page (I'm at level 20 & a little sadfaced that the 3hour task doesn't have an increase in payout from level20-24 (I want a 2nd farmer's market so I don't have super excess fertilizer to look at post level 20 numbers, kashley426 posted a screengrab confirming these payouts either in this thread or somewhere else on the forum)

Thanks for the shout out casby! I posted a chart going up to level 30 here (the opera up to Level 15 is there too): http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10333969.page#34919397, but here is the chart for those who don't want to click.Bh0Venl.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    does level 9 open up 1 hour tasks to earn masks?

I am at 7 and not sure if I should keep upgrading or not!!
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited May 2015
    I am having a similar dilema as to upgrade from 7 or not. I dont think getting masks will be a big issue as I am getting over 1.5k per day.

My real concern is not getting enough DNA which will be needed to craft the home decoy and the welcome bob sign which both require 9k in total to get both.

I have 3.5k at the moment. Upgrading to level 9 would take me down to 2k. I dont think it I will be able to get 7k in the 9 days remaining......

Any thoughts?

Thnks
  • Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I am having a similar dilema as to upgrade from 7 or not. I dont think getting masks will be a big issue as I am getting over 1.5k per day.

My real concern is not getting enough DNA which will be needed to craft the home decoy and the welcome bob sign which both require 9k in total to get both.

I have 3.5k at the moment. Upgrading to level 9 would take me down to 2k. I dont think it I will be able to get 7k in the 9 days remaining......

Any thoughts?

Thnks

Same boat. I just want the Simpsons boat and the Homer. Masks, corn and fertalizer will be no problem. DNA is going to be difficult. So I've decided to stop upgrading at 7 and to start grinding it out :lol:
  • kashley246
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    does level 9 open up 1 hour tasks to earn masks?

I am at 7 and not sure if I should keep upgrading or not!!

It opens up a 1 hour tasks for Saints (Father Sean, Helen Lovejoy, Maude Flanders, Ned Flanders, Rev. Lovejoy, Rod and
    Todd) and the pay out at Level 9 is 5 masks.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited May 2015

Any thoughts?

Thnks

Same boat. I just want the Simpsons boat and the Homer. Masks, corn and fertalizer will be no problem. DNA is going to be difficult. So I've decided to stop upgrading at 7 and to start grinding it out :lol:

I just got the houseboat and am at level 7 opera house so it is possible. I wouldnt advance the payouts beyond level 7 since its so easy to get materials and not having to login for 4 hours at a time. Level 8 and 9 would just require twice or four times as much babysitting :)

Now on to make the cactus plants!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.