EA Forums - Banner

The new Opera House landing zone is ummm...

Prev1
moarku wrote:
Just went through my 95ish friends and couldn't help laughing at how bad our new landing zone is. Unlike Monsarno, it seems that barely anybody has figured out a way to design it.

Most just have it plopped somewhere. A very small few have some Squidport Benches around it. Also, a whole bunch you can tell made a point of dumping it as far away from the rest of the town as possible thinking it would go unnoticed. :lol:

Of course, I'm not one to talk either. My best idea so far is to make it an outdoor stage for the strip club. :mrgreen:

Usjvsb7.png?1

lol. I was thinking of doing this earlier..... Like the idea

Replies

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited May 2015
    Wow that's a lot of donuts. Wish I had that many.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2015
    Also got a lot of tasks pending :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

(but yeah, I've been ignoring tasks since the event started. Those suckers are stacking up!)
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    moarku wrote:
    Just went through my 95ish friends and couldn't help laughing at how bad our new landing zone is. Unlike Monsarno, it seems that barely anybody has figured out a way to design it.

Most just have it plopped somewhere. A very small few have some Squidport Benches around it. Also, a whole bunch you can tell made a point of dumping it as far away from the rest of the town as possible thinking it would go unnoticed. :lol:

Of course, I'm not one to talk either. My best idea so far is to make it an outdoor stage for the strip club. :mrgreen:

Usjvsb7.png?1

I do, Its on SQP :wink:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was actually quite pleased with my design for the opera stage. I had it on squidport with some benches, nothing terribly fancy, but it looked nice with all the hardwood flooring.

Then, I had to scoop it up and plunk it down inelegantly next to Monsarno so I could clear all the currency jobs more easily. I'm sure it now looks crappy.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes, my gripe is that now I kinda have to place it next to Monsarno (too ease with collecting currency).

I had Monsarno in a great place, but a place in which I couldn't put anything else nearby.

But then I had to take Monsarno and move it near where I placed the Opera House. And that place is awful. Ugh.
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I was actually quite pleased with my design for the opera stage. I had it on squidport with some benches, nothing terribly fancy, but it looked nice with all the hardwood flooring.

Then, I had to scoop it up and plunk it down inelegantly next to Monsarno so I could clear all the currency jobs more easily. I'm sure it now looks crappy.

I had no idea it could go on Squidport. Thanks for mentioning that. It looked way out of place where I had it.
  • dazzlerbing
    112 posts
    edited May 2015
    it is nice to finally get a use for teleport alpha and omega .... zipping between the opera stage and the research centre without them needing to be close together
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    it is nice to finally a use for teleport alpha and omega .... zipping between the opera stage and the research centre without them needing to be close together
    oooo.... great idea to use tele transporter.... my opera house is on squid port and Monsarno is on the total opposite end of SF, and I have all the land and all the water....thanks!!

(after snapped pic, put one teleport in front of the Mexican restaurant... really really convenient!)

opera_zps7ewiczdd.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    it is nice to finally a use for teleport alpha and omega .... zipping between the opera stage and the research centre without them needing to be close together
    oooo.... great idea to use tele transporter.... my opera house is on squid port and monsoon is on the total opposite end of SF, and I have all the land and all the water....thanks!!

TOTALLY agree! :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    it is nice to finally get a use for teleport alpha and omega .... zipping between the opera stage and the research centre without them needing to be close together

Ooooooo!
    <
    jealous
    :mrgreen:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited May 2015
    I actually really like my Opera House zone... maybe I'm a big weirdo, though....

IMG_4556%20copy_zpsiozgubds.png
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I had to move buildings to slot it in, so yes mine is just 'plopped' in a silly place, but needs must.

I'll sort it out after the event, no rush :D
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I had to move buildings to slot it in, so yes mine is just 'plopped' in a silly place, but needs must.

I'll sort it out after the event, no rush :D

No doubt most people have this attitude, which is totally understandable. But it's one thing to simply notice that it's been "plopped" or even intentionally thrown as far out of the way as possible (one of my neighbors has it literally in the corner of his town faaaarrrr from everything else), and having the game shove that fact in your face by making it the new landing zone.

I wonder how many of my neighbors will have moved it by tomorrow. :D
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    awez1 wrote:
    I actually really like my Opera House zone... maybe I'm a big weirdo, though....

No, you are NOT weird, very nice design, 1 of the best I see on land :!: :thumbup:
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    There are more parts to the Opera Stage, which I think will unlock as you upgrade. Some of you are probably going to redesign it all completely. It's like a mini-Monsarno complex.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3072 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not doing anything with mine...yet. I'll say no more. :wink:
  • funplanet282
    27 posts
    edited May 2015
    Mine is pretty barren right now hoping they will give some nice additions to us as we get further along. I think the wood looks great on squidport and the strip club scene is hilarious!

TGDdHYEl.jpg
  • jen0912
    243 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I like where mine is, on squidport. Looks really nice there plus I'm running out of room on dry land (aren't we all?).
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited May 2015
    awez1 wrote:

No, you are NOT weird, very nice design, 1 of the best I see on land :!: :thumbup:

I stole this design hard, but made it my own a bit -- Bonsais instead of flower walls, some hedges and a tree at the bottom to spruce it up a bit (although it looks now like there's no entrance, it looks less barren), and a flower box with the tree between seats.

Thanks for the idea -- now I feel no pressure if I don't manage to get extra Opera Seats or a second Ticket Booth.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!