EA Forums - Banner

life-ruiningly fun

F**k the event, but don't quit. Only 13 days left of this nigthmare and we all can get back to level updates and redesigning our towns. Hopefully EA will have learnt their lesson from this and keep it simple in future.

Replies

• 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    You'll be back....muhahaha! !

Seriously though, it's good at least you let your neighbors know. Although your title is a little confusing on that score.

Might want to amend it to include something like ATTN neighbors of DefiantNoise, just to be sure they see it.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Sad to see you go former tapper. You will be missed.
  • 4junk3000
    6576 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Well I think Im done with this game. :? It was fun at first. But the past few weeks is actually burning me out. Whenever I have a free moment I need to check in. Fertilizer tasks finish every hour. When I go to bed I have to choose between losing 10 minutes of sleep while I re assign tasks or falling behind in the game. And I dont know why I kept choosing the game. Im not having fun anymore. Im just working to obtain things that ultimately have zero value. Well last night I took the sleep for a change.
    Sorry to whoever added me for event items/seeds

[/ragequit]

It has become a frustrating event.

There seems to be a few options to proceed from this point:

- shell out cash to buy everything with donuts
    - keep up the intense pace, devoting as much time as necessary to beat EAs cruel game
    - adopt a perspective that you will play when you choose to, under your terms. And with that you concede that you will craft only as many items as you are able. If you don't get them all, you won't be bothered because technically they have zero value
    - simply quit, either temporarily or indefinitely

The fun way of course is throw money at it. But I don't subscribe to that because I'll never reward these sadistic game designers. The "zen master" way is the best,, where you maintain all the control by using your mind like Spock. But most of us choose the middle way, because this game is physically and psychologically addictive and we won't reject the habit.

Good luck with your selection, whichever it may be.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Pokelon
    438 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Come on already it's a game. Just play if you feel like it and don't if you don't...Honestly, what does it matter if you get all items or not? The most important part is to keep having fun. I have trouble understanding why people feel so obliged to play? No-one is forcing you. It's a game after all, just play as such. It's just like those people that always want to win in family games. Who cares? Just have the fun with your family. In the meantime take some rest and come back when you feel like playing for fun again. ;)
  • iain51269522
    788 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Well I think Im done with this game. :? It was fun at first. But the past few weeks is actually burning me out. Whenever I have a free moment I need to check in. Fertilizer tasks finish every hour. When I go to bed I have to choose between losing 10 minutes of sleep while I re assign tasks or falling behind in the game. And I dont know why I kept choosing the game. Im not having fun anymore. Im just working to obtain things that ultimately have zero value. Well last night I took the sleep for a change.
    Sorry to whoever added me for event items/seeds

[/ragequit]

I am sure a lot of people will quit as a result of this event and other recent changes.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited May 2015
    take a huge break from the game it's what i did the last time it became more of a chore then fun (clash of clones update though i was bored before that)

i re installed it to see what had been added and saw sideshow bob event and played to get him probably will be taking another big break when it finishes
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have not missed a single day of tapping since day one. I am a hard core tapper. I don't have many items, but I have all aspirationals.

Happy tapping!
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    - adopt a perspective that you will play when you choose to, under your terms. And with that you concede that you will craft only as many items as you are able. If you don't get them all, you won't be bothered because technically they have zero value

I've been having a lot more fun with the game since I adopted this attitude, especially with this event with so many different task length times that have to be collected right away in order to maximize the crafting resources and event currency. I've played at a pace such that I've gotten the last personal prize of each Act on the last day, and so far have crafted one Cane Field and nothing else. I'll get a few more craft items before the end but not anywhere near all of them. There's no need to play the game as an 'all or nothing' one and quit if you can't get everything!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was barely playing and at clash of the clones i stopped caring. If I end up with the items I end up with the items if I don't i don't. Particularly complicated by I got married during thw event and am travelling for the honeymoon So my internet isnt the best.
    these events are to complicated multiple things using the currency bring back whacking day simplicity .
  • mwdalton
    11557 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was barely playing and at clash of the clones i stopped caring. If I end up with the items I end up with the items if I don't i don't. Particularly complicated by I got married during thw event and am travelling for the honeymoon So my internet isnt the best.
    these events are to complicated multiple things using the currency bring back whacking day simplicity .

Congrats on the marriage :)

Or, commiserations? :twisted: :mrgreen:
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I think people take this game way too seriously. It's a game, if your not having fun, then don't play. During this event , I'm checking in about 2 or 3 times a day. Whatever I end up with Im happy with. I have a lot of other fun things to do then to get so involved with one game. I have to say I feel like I'm actually playing a game now, using stadegy and tactics to win prizes, instead of the mind- numbing tap, tap, tap. As with most games, you take a chance on winning or losing, so you might not get everything, is that really so bad. I'm not even trying for those flower walls.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    mwdalton wrote:

Congrats on the marriage :)

Or, commiserations? :twisted: :mrgreen:

Def congrats. Thanks :)we are very happy.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    well. Dont say the game didnt warn you.

Letemcrash.gif
  • thecube28
    127 posts
    edited May 2015
    Love this thread, I've been there myself lol !
  • OceansidePowder
    183 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I've quit playing about five or six times, then will pop back Into It when an event starts.

Since I've joined the forums, I've actually enjoyed the game much more. I'm able to strategize and learn about all
    the aspects of the game. It's actually quite an interesting game.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.