EA Forums - Banner

EA...ypu have to step up to the plate with this

If they released all characters at once you'd be complaining too and that would be the end of all updates. One level an update seems fair for what they are doing because they are releasing 1-3 buildings along with this. If they were releasing 5-15 buildings an update the longevity of this game would be severely diminished. Levels don't mean anything, it's just a number. Stop being so concerned with a number. I'm level 23 and "behind." my town hall won't be done for another 6 hours. I'll probably be maxed out tomorrow. Do I care? No. Because level has no significance in this game other than content you can build. If you dont like how EA is running the game, uninstall it.

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have to say I Agree with you a large level to achieve would be good :) more characters also b a good thing but I guess if they throw to many buildings or characters at us then the next update probably wouldn't have any one :( I personally think the server issues should b the ones they look at the most as the crashing issues does make the game hard to play :( hell do it all and make the game great lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited December 2012
    I do understand where your coming from, I too sit around waiting for updates, and complete the new tasks quite quickly.

But saying that, the simpsons only has a certain amount to offer us character and building wise. If they spewed them out so quickly, there won't be much left to give us in a few months time. So in the long run I do think they are doing the right thing, cause once we have everyone available, and people loose interest, it's game over for ea.

A few more levels every update wouldn't go a miss though.
    Although once the next update comes, I am gunna take things a bit slower, just to keep my own interest there.
    My quest bar at the minute is empty, not even a single side quest.
    I'm just randomly moving things around for the 12th time today :lol:
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't think you're an a$$hole. I agree EA has a gold mine. I think they got caught with their pants down with this game. I think the industry as a whole considers mobile gaming more in the realm of "casual" gaming, and EA didn't expect such a loyal and vocal fan base to have what they would consider such high expectations for a casual mobile game.

I also think this game is starting to push the limits of the iOS platform. Lots of crashes are due to the sheer number of decorations, all of which must be rendered and displayed along with all of the animation in real time as we scroll around our towns. Add to that near real time communication with the centralized servers for friend activity that can occur at any time, and its easy to see how there could be problems on a device with just 512 mb of ram. Now think how responsive the game would be if they added 30 years of characters, all requiring their own animation, task lists, etc.

Limiting their releases to just 2-3 characters and a couple buildings may actually be in our best interests. With potentially 8-12 updates per year, that number of available characters and buildings could last for 2-3 years worth of updates, and the increase in characters/buildings/decorations may better run on newer more capable hardware that will be available in the next couple years.
  • Scary1101
    39 posts
    edited December 2012
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, however you should still keep the factual part of your statement factual lol

The Simpsons debuted on December 17, 1989

1989 to 2012 = 23 years, although that's still a great many years of one of the greatest television shows ever created, vast with it's many, many characters and impersonations, alas is still not over 30 years lol

You can find more fun facts about your favorite animated television family before your next forum post at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_simpsons

8)
  • Double_Density
    60 posts
    edited December 2012
    I don't disagree with you. XP had become meaningless in Tapped Out due to the way they dole out the level cap increases. How I resented having to clear the Triffid quest again last week.

What I'd like to see are some long term goals in the game. Something that we're not going to build or buy in 24 hours...rather something that will take months to complete (with interim goals along the way of course).
  • Starbuxs
    60 posts
    edited December 2012
    While I do think the stability issue is the biggest issue I do recognize how difficult an issue this is. There is just so much going on in the game and add to that so many different combinations of stuff that it is impossible to test. While I don't like my game to crash its not game breaking. What I would like to see is a bit more security in terms of stuff being lost. There are have been too many issues with people losing stuff, having their game resent that make me nervous. If we could somehow back up our games, maybe cloud or even our own computers (I know some people would hack the game so maybe not a great idea ) but implement something just to give players piece of mind.

In regards to updates, I have not been playing long enough for this issue to effect me but as someone mentioned above level is meaningless. This game is about the acquisition and building of different things. You can be level 24 and still have lots of things to get and areas to develop. Besides which, I like the idea of them doling things out in small batches but frequently versus large updates but seldom.

There is one area though that they need to work and that is their forum software. A strong community is key to the success and longevity of a game. The backbone of this is their message board. I have never seen such a terrible iteration of a message board as this particular one. It just looks so unprofessional. And this really is a shame because this has got to be one of the friendliest gaming communities I have ever been part of.
  • rabbikrustofski
    42 posts
    edited December 2012
    not to nit-pick, but the simpsons did debut earlier that 1989, that was their full-episode premier, they had been on the tracy ullman show as a quick cartoon for a couple years before that.

so 1987, not 89, but its still not 30 years total, not trying to split hairs or take it off topic.

i would like to see at least two levels per release considering most people are halfway through the next level from accrued experience already so it gives them a little more work to be doing.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited December 2012
    Sorry about the 30 year thing but still over 20 years of content lol. I don't want them to release all the characters at one time thats not what I was saying. What I am saying is if they do updates monthly at least give the regular players (maxed out) tasks, buildings, characters to work for that last longer than a week. And not that I have been on the forum as long as others but I am not one to complain much about the game. All I am saying is that EA really did drop the ball with the game. I mean come on how many players got licked out there games trying to buy donuts? How many people lost thier Springfields? No reason at all for this to happen sorry I know programing is tough but EA had to of known just with the name The Simpsons what kind of traffic thier servers were going to get hit with.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited December 2012
    tantce wrote:
    If they released all characters at once you'd be complaining too and that would be the end of all updates. One level an update seems fair for what they are doing because they are releasing 1-3 buildings along with this. If they were releasing 5-15 buildings an update the longevity of this game would be severely diminished. Levels don't mean anything, it's just a number. Stop being so concerned with a number. I'm level 23 and "behind." my town hall won't be done for another 6 hours. I'll probably be maxed out tomorrow. Do I care? No. Because level has no significance in this game other than content you can build. If you dont like how EA is running the game, uninstall it.
    Your an idiot...uninstall it you say. You completely missed the point I was trying to make. No level doesn't matter but keeping people interested in the game and having something to play for is.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!