EA Forums - Banner

anyone else use coffee pods?

Prev1
I love how most Coffee junkies constantly complain about the quality of their product, just like any other drug addict. :lol:

Replies

• moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Not a huge fan of the Keurig, but I've had wicked espresso from a Nespresso machine. Good stuff!
    nespresso-citiz-black-espresso-machine-with-aeroccino-frother.jpg
  • 4junk3000
    5279 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I used coffee pods in a sensio machine. I loved them when I made an occasional single cup at home, but they are kind of obsolete since the K machines took over.

It helped to buy a decent brand of pods IIRC
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    moxxee wrote:
    Not a huge fan of the Keurig, but I've had wicked espresso from a Nespresso machine. Good stuff!

I also own one of these bad boys! The coffee is awesome. I can't put instant stuff in my mouth anymore.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pods, nespresso tabs... Not real coffee to me :)
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I had an espresso machine, but it died, so I'm coffee machine-less currently.
    Too scared to buy a pod one in case I don't like it.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    No. The coffee I've tried from those were terrible. Not to mention the absolute waste the pods make. The guy that invented pod machines came out a few months ago and apologized for adding to the non-recyclable issue on the planet..... Imagine all these pods filling landfill space. :(
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I love how most Coffee junkies constantly complain about the quality of their product, just like any other drug addict. :lol:

Lmao, so true

tumblr_mhf59iq0UW1rzoqxdo1_400.gif
  • 4junk3000
    5279 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    No. The coffee I've tried from those were terrible. Not to mention the absolute waste the pods make. The guy that invented pod machines came out a few months ago and apologized for adding to the non-recyclable issue on the planet..... Imagine all these pods filling landfill space. :(

Really? This doesn't make sense. I've heard for ages to put coffee grounds in your composting pile. Why wouldn't the pods still bio degrade?

The K Cups style, on the other hand, have created an explosion of needless little plastic cups. Main reason I won't buy one.

But pods are real coffee, not instant. Instant coffee is freeze dried brewed coffee that dissolves in water. Pods are little packets of real ground coffee. They are just like tea bags but without the string.
    This is what I have
    41w4w2VNraL._SY355_.jpgcoffee-pods.jpg
  • 4junk3000
    5279 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    pods_kcups.jpg

Are we talking about the same things?
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

Really? This doesn't make sense. I've heard for ages to put coffee grounds in your composting pile. Why wouldn't the pods still bio degrade?

The K Cups style, on the other hand, have created an explosion of needless little plastic cups. Main reason I won't buy one.

But pods are real coffee, not instant. Instant coffee is freeze dried brewed coffee that dissolves in water. Pods are little packets of real ground coffee. They are just like tea bags but without the string.
    This is what I have
    41w4w2VNraL._SY355_.jpgcoffee-pods.jpg

Agreed coffee- good for compost..... Pod mesh junk, not so much....... And k-cups no question, plastic junks
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    call me old fashioned I guess... :wink: but I myself prefer a regular coffee maker with Folgers... :D
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    the pods make good coffee - I just take issue with the waste they create. I use a french press for coffee. I fill it with hot water, let it sit for 5 minutes, plunge and its ready.
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I Keurig it up every morning in the office, twice a day at least, I dont mind it, people say I make a mean keurig cup of coffee
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

I also own one of these bad boys! The coffee is awesome. I can't put instant stuff in my mouth anymore.

@Wij Coffee snob! :mrgreen:

Hey Hen, did you get the one with the milk frother?
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited May 2015
    we have a kuerig in my little office that i share with 2 other ladies, which i use regularly.... there's a drip pot in the break room that people make horrifying coffee in, so the kuerig is a life saver. i have a french press for home use, though, but i never have time to use it except on the weekends..... i live for my weekend coffee!!
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    moxxee wrote:
    henpot7514 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

@Wij Coffee snob! :mrgreen:

Hey Hen, did you get the one with the milk frother?

I am just a snob, you know! It is not just coffee :roll: :lol:
  • 4junk3000
    5279 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    call me old fashioned I guess... :wink: but I myself prefer a regular coffee maker with Folgers... :D

The pods I use are paper. Completely biodegradable. They have to be paper to be called pods. I just read about it some. K cups are coffee CAPSULES. :wink:

Folger's makes pods. Then you can brew one cup and not waste a whole pot.

They also make coffee bags but those are instant which is not the same.

I think I was using Wolfgang Puck Kona pods for a minute, those were great!

The senseo makes the top of your coffee frothy just by how it brews. Great machine. Mines in a storage bin. :(
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    We have the reuseable keurig thingy ('my cup', I think) where we fill it with our own coffee. Occasionally we use one of the plastic ones for a treat, but then feel guilty after...
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I still don't know about this new technology....I may really do belong in the 1890's... but then again I usually go through my pot of coffee...I love my coffee with a bit of international delight butter pecan flavored creamer....mmmmmmmmmm
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited May 2015

LOL!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!