EA Forums - Banner

I haven't seen the Simpsons in ages

Prev1
dadilydoo750
344 posts New member
start watching the next season. Its really fun to watch the episode tie ins that end up in our game.

Replies

• Solartron
    138 posts
    edited May 2015
    I haven't watched the show regularly since 2000, this game I play every single day though and I seem to be getting at least 90% of the references I've seen in it so far.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I hadn't seen it in years until the marathon last summer. They shuffle the episodes now so you don't get stuck on seasons you don't like.
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited May 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    I hadn't seen it in years until the marathon last summer. They shuffle the episodes now so you don't get stuck on seasons you don't like.
    Every Simpsons Ever was so great :):)
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi!

I haven't watched the show since way past the movie launched in 2007.
    Heresy! Heresy!

Grease up the rack and the thumbscrews!
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Off Topic forum page.

if it werent for the Every Simpsons Ever marathon i woukdnt have given the show a chance anymore. but it got me hooked again. as a child i loved watching Simpsons. thanks to DVR/on demand and if i have a sunday off i got to watch the whole thing of season 26 this year,

i also thank the daily marathons (except the two days off) for giving me episodes i havent watched or have seen years ago.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Watch the annual Treehouse of Horror episodes, at least. Those are my favorite.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited May 2015
    Watch them all. Some aren't that good but every episode has made me laugh at least once. Also this past season was pretty good. The two tie in's were great and the one where Homer joins the group of fat people was hilarious.
  • RoystonVasee
    82 posts
    edited May 2015
    Despite there being a lot of whingers about the shows second half of seasons (around 13-present) I still think it blitzes most US comedy shows out there (there are a few exceptions). Still the best animated comedy on TV - though South Park gives it a solid run for its money.

Family Guy pales in comparison, & of people I know only the lowest of the lowbrow give that junk time of day anymore. Jumped the shark after just a few seasons that show.

In short - Watch it all - It is well worth it.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Start from the beginning and work your way through all the seasons :lol: Take the rough with the smooth :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Pokelon
    438 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Start from the beginning and work your way through all the seasons :lol: Take the rough with the smooth :lol:

+1 :thumbup:
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Watch up to season 10, at least. After that the shows get very uneven in quality. A few good ones, but my spouse and I quit watching after season 12 or 13 because they'd gotten so unfunny.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I hadn't seen any new ones in ages after they really went downhill, but I just watched the most recent season and it pleasantly surprised me! Seems to have really picked up again!
  • marcjas458
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Every simpsons ever is great. I like trying to figure out the central theme. Sometimes it's easy but others take me a bit.
    Now that I play tsto, I like watching for gaming references.

In fact, is there a list of episodes that correspond with the game?
    I've been thinking of making notes on the episodes as they come up. (Voice cues as well...like Bart's "aw jeez")

The seasons come and go as the crew organically changes...for example, arguably Cohen O'brien saved the show and you can see them fumble around after he left. Same with Sam Simon (rip).

• 4junk3000
    6205 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I definitely recommend starting as far back as you can.

Earliest shows were less wacky and more "good natured message" like most other family sitcoms back then. But the first few seasons establish a lot of standards, and many are used in the game. A lot of game features are from single digit seasons.

Also, you definitely want to watch the older stuff before you move into the hi-def animation, because going backwards from it is hard. Almost like reverting back to a black and white TV, ugh!

I watch all my Simpsons and other classic tv on Watchseries. I use dot ag, but there's several domains for various countries. They have every episode, free.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2015
    Hi!

I haven't watched the show since way past the movie launched in 2007. I can't really remember the last time I actually saw an episode at all.

I still have seasons 1-5 and 8 and 9 on DVD but I figured I'd try to catch up on the show on my daily commute to work.

In your opinion, where should I start? I know I've seen seasons 1-5 (and 8 and 9 (or was it 7 and 8?)) already (and to tell you the truth the very early episodes are kind of sketchy).

Should I go back to the roots and work my way up? Any seasons to avoid? Should I just settle with Tapped Out and forget there ever was a show?

Is there a reason you don't have seasons 6 (& 7?) That's some quality seasons right there.

As with any show, I recommend starting with season 1 and going to season 26 :).

If you are super picky and would rather not watch lame episodes, I would start in season 3 and stop at season 12. Many after 12 are hit or miss, but there are still some solids in each season after 12.
  • Tykrock
    13 posts
    edited May 2015
    Seasons 1-10. The rest past that aren't worth the time. The jokes were more subtle and didn't resort to Family Guy-type lowest common denominator humor that crept into the later episodes. Some of the jokes are just downright insulting and mean, which goes against what the series started as and WHY it was so popular. The animation style was much better before it went digital. The new animation style is sterile and loses the visual quirkiness that was rampant in the earlier episodes.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    marcjas458 wrote:
    Every simpsons ever is great. I like trying to figure out the central theme. Sometimes it's easy but others take me a bit.
    Now that I play tsto, I like watching for gaming references.

In fact, is there a list of episodes that correspond with the game?
    I've been thinking of making notes on the episodes as they come up. (Voice cues as well...like Bart's "aw jeez")

The seasons come and go as the crew organically changes...for example, arguably Cohen O'brien saved the show and you can see them fumble around after he left. Same with Sam Simon (rip).

I agree they're all brilliant, although I think they adhere too much to strange simply for the sake of it. While I love that, it can go too far. It needs to make some "sense", even compensating for it being Simpsons Sense!!

I also loved seeing that Eco-weirdo that tricked Burnsey, Elon Musk (?) play the game in his spaceship!!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • NuclearPip
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Tykrock wrote:
    The animation style was much better before it went digital. The new animation style is sterile and loses the visual quirkiness that was rampant in the earlier episodes.

Totally, though some of the recent couch gags are epic, artistic, and weird as heck, and the digital animation is a part of that.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have loved The Simpsons since it first aired but for some reason stopped watching around 1998. Since I started playing this game in December of 2013, it has renewed my interest in the program. It seems TSTO has really boosted the viewership of the program. Now I watch Every Simpsons Ever all the time on FXX. It is really cool to see the elements from the game show up in the episodes. My husband who doesn't play the game is probably sick of me saying "Ooh! I have that!"
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    I have loved The Simpsons since it first aired but for some reason stopped watching around 1998. Since I started playing this game in December of 2013, it has renewed my interest in the program. It seems TSTO has really boosted the viewership of the program. Now I watch Every Simpsons Ever all the time on FXX. It is really cool to see the elements from the game show up in the episodes. My husband who doesn't play the game is probably sick of me saying "Ooh! I have that!"

I do that!! Telling me brother "I have that/him/her!" His death threats over it are music to my ears!!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.