EA Forums - Banner

Grind or payout right for doughnuts?

I get about 2 donuts a day doing Friend Actions, so it's not really a grind, it's just a daily chore to do.

Replies

• 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was going to say I didn't understand the question, then I looked again and realised it was not "payout right" but "pay outright".
    I'm a bit of a fan of the Golden Scratch R - it's paying for donuts, but only a little at a time.
  • devilhunt1449
    3500 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    So what you really want to know is are you a premium or freemium player.

EDIT : Oh forgot to say, I purchase donuts but I also grind away to earn as many as I can, free donuts are extra yummy.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have purchased donuts in the past. Even then, I would still grind for freebies as much as possible - every little bit helps.

I kinda got upset with EA over Christmas and stopped buying, though. I've been fairly stingy though, so I've made my last boatload last. The neighbor donuts and event freebies have helped stretch that out.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I go with a combination of the two - I don't take advantage fully of the free donuts on offer simply because I'm not willing to put in the amount of time that would be required to do so. I don't have a completely full neighbors list and I don't visit the entire list daily unless an event gives a benefit for doing so. During the current event, I stop visiting when I stop getting music notes and pick up the next day wherever I left off on the list and repeat the process - between events, I try to visit the whole list once every two or three days but almost never go through the entire thing all at once. The free donuts from neighbor visits, level ups, and event bonuses certainly do add up though, so it's very much worth trying for them at some level.

I'm also happy to spend some money on the game as long as I'm still enjoying it, in order to support the game and hopefully make sure it keeps going with good content added. And over two years after I first picked it up, I still am enjoying it greatly! I don't spend as much money as I was at first, although that's mainly because I already have most of the premium content I really wanted and don't have a lot of space for new stuff, so can be a lot more selective with what I get at this point.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I voted grind thinking this was event related. I always grind the events. If it's a should I buy donuts in general question than the answer is 100% yes. Buying donuts will enhance your experience, fund the development of the game and is the cheapest form of entertainment you can find.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I grind them for myself, and I buy them for my wife. :)
    She does the same for me.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited May 2015
    I mostly grind but about once a month I will usually spend about $5 to get some donuts.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3079 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I've done both...buying is more immediate gratification but I also get guilt after. Grinding feels like more of an accomplishment but I miss out on a lot of premiums that are limited time. So I'm torn.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Definitely grind even in 1st tapper's premium town, but donuts well bought are pretty sweet there too!

Really prefer to keep Zutroy's town freemium, he said to himself with some doubt in mind.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!