EA Forums - Banner

Christmas special end?

Prev1
It was supposed to be jan 3rd (tomorrow), but they said they will extend it to give everyone chance to buy everything. My guess is an extra 1 or 2 weeks

Replies

• cool2006
    787 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    i hope its tommorow as hopfully we will get a new update. surely everyone finished the christmas task by now
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    cool2006 wrote:
    i hope its tommorow as hopfully we will get a new update. surely everyone finished the christmas task by now

Some people couldn't access their Springfield's for days even weeks. I've seen posts here from people that say they still need Santa's Little helper. Not everyone is done.
  • cool2006
    787 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:
    cool2006 wrote:

Some people couldn't access their Springfield's for days even weeks. I've seen posts here from people that say they still need Santa's Little helper. Not everyone is done.

i had the same problem for over a week but ive got it done got most of my coins by visiting friends. i just cart wait 4 some new tasks.
  • JGreer97
    15 posts
    edited January 2013
    It will end on 1/10/13
  • imac1969
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just got the message that the special would be extended and I was scrolling through my Christmas "to buy" list and was clicking on the "i" to see what the Funzo would do, and it clicked purchase! No "Are you sure?" or X back out option - just click and 1000 of my coins were gone! WANNNH!! Now I have a week to get them back to get Santos L Halpern (LOL)- I MUST HAVE THE DOG!

I am new to the boards but play constantly. Even in class - AND I'M THE TEACHER!!!

I already put a friend request in - how many friends can I have? Is there a limit?
  • RonNasty64
    43 posts
    edited January 2013
    imac1969 wrote:
    I already put a friend request in - how many friends can I have? Is there a limit?

100 is the limit. Keep an eye on them, I had to delete a few friends because I would crash when I visited them. I noticed yesterday that I was missing 1 friend, so I had to add one more.
  • cool2006
    787 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    has anybody heard yet what will be on the new update after the xmas task is finished?
  • lithoguy
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    Once they started giving out donuts for every 50 coins i decided santas little helper wasn't worth it.

I'd rather have buildings and people earning money than a dog that does nothing.
  • imac1969
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    Is the donut for coins thing a guarantee? Couldn't I end up with a reindeer that also does nothing?
  • cjcccooper
    322 posts
    edited January 2013
    I think i ended up with more reindeer than doughnuts but santa coins from friends it all balances out. We need bartman.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited January 2013
    imac1969 wrote:
    Is the donut for coins thing a guarantee? Couldn't I end up with a reindeer that also does nothing?

Yes, you either get a reindeer or 1, 2 or 3 donuts.

I got a lot more donuts than I did reindeers
  • emmap2208
    39 posts
    edited January 2013
    I got some donuts, a reindeer - which I sold for 500 - and more coins (???).

Can't wait for the Xmas era to be over, it's been nice but I'm kinda ready to move on now.
  • jaeger1169
    73 posts
    edited January 2013
    I don't understand selling reindeer for $500 when it gives you a .5% bonus. Once you collect $100,000 then you just made $500.
  • bagndrag420
    361 posts
    edited January 2013
    imac1969 wrote:

So far I got about 90-100 donuts and 15-20 reindeer. I had a * of coins after I got all the seasonal stuff. You never know what I will get but it's better then having them all go to waste. Reindeer give u a bonus so even if you get them they are still good to have. I hide mine in woods
  • imac1969
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    Cool. I've got 1 donut twice so far...no reindeer! LOL
  • christinejba886
    11 posts
    edited January 2013
    emmap2208 wrote:
    I got some donuts, a reindeer - which I sold for 500 - and more coins (???).

Can't wait for the Xmas era to be over, it's been nice but I'm kinda ready to move on now.

Yup! I agree- just like at home. I couldn't saint to get the decorations down- I want my Springfield to move on too!
  • mitten82
    12 posts
    edited January 2013
    Maybe it will end when one of us has 1 donut away from getting something good at the same time of having 49 Santa coins. Haha! I have hopes that they will increase friends to 120+ and/or levels to 50. Lets also see the Burns mansion with Waylon Smithers with 45s, 60m, 2h, 6h, 12h, 24h quests. Add the hounds too...price of mansion and smithers could be 300k Or whichever... And hounds could be 30 donuts for 3 of them. I'm happy with the Christmas ending today but I'm hoping everyone has their Doggy...even if it doesn't have quests... Haha. Kinda wish I'd not bought it even though I love the character... 1500 coins could have been a lot more donuts.

Personally working on getting bonus Quest Characters, plan on spending 25 dollars...that's 390 donuts I think...which gets me all the ones I want. Christmas has gone on for more than a month...which is shorter than America actually spends celebrating it but anyways, if they are going to extend it, maybe we can see x2 coins for a week...and maybe when it is all said and done, they will change the reindeer's design to make it something that isn't seasonal and we can have it fit with the rest of our normal green landscape. Ya we could hide them but could be an opportunity for a new thing.

Anyways I'm done talking, finally. Don't add me, I'm at my max with tons of requests backed up. Happy collecting and hope everyone is excited for the new stuff coming our way even though we don't know what it will be.
  • cool2006
    787 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    do you think it will finish at middnight tonight? and then get the new update or will we have to wait all day tommorow
  • mitten82
    12 posts
    edited January 2013
    I wish this forum would tell us specifics like that. >_< Makes me think they don't even know half the time what is releasing. HAHA
  • cool2006
    787 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mitten82 wrote:
    I wish this forum would tell us specifics like that. >_< Makes me think they don't even know half the time what is releasing. HAHA

true it be nice of ea if they had a coming soon with whats coming and when :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.