EA Forums - Banner

I need nicer friends! No spraypainting accepted! KnutBerge79

i dont think that they are doing it on purpose. sometimes it is the only job available and they are automatic when you clean it up. not to mention it is money and friend pts and xp all the same.

hope this clears things up and i do anyjob that is available including spraypainting if need be so i dont think you want me as a friend

Replies

• jennlillian
    9 posts
    edited June 2015
    Play multiple times a day :) Add me!

jennlillian
  • 1gunnerfan
    2 posts
    edited June 2015
    I don't want vandals either, and i don't vandalize. Add me; 1gunnerfan. I'm level 32
  • kimmbug
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    i play multiple times daily, and it never bothers me to clean up "vandalism". The points seem to be the same as any other friend help. I read so many that don't like this, but I can't really understand why? Someone please help me understand what is so bad about this? It is part of the game and TOTALLY something that Bart would do! Is it really a negative thing or do people just not like to look at their town with graffiti.

I rarely spray paint, but if I take the time to visit a town and that is the ONLY job-- does it not help both players? I don't have a full understanding-- obviously, so if anyone knows how this hurts, please let me know! As I said, I try not to do it because all the griping about it, and I definitely don't want to harm someones game. Is this just a personal preference/ game etiquitt?

Thanks for any information
    Kimmbug
  • kimmbug
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Edit to my above post....

one of the stats is "Righteousness" (Keep criminals and graffiti off the streets.)

I would think that means you get higher ratings FOR cleaning graffiti and catching criminals... ?
  • Sgt_Batman_MD
    8 posts
    edited June 2015
    kimmbug wrote:
    Edit to my above post....

one of the stats is "Righteousness" (Keep criminals and graffiti off the streets.)

I would think that means you get higher ratings FOR cleaning graffiti and catching criminals... ?

A max of 260 points in Righteousness = 5 star rating. Every time someone vandalizes you, or you vandalize someone else you lose 5 points. Cleaning up graffiti only gains you back 1 point. So frequent vandalizations can hurt your Righteousness rating. That having been said, not catching Sideshow Bob in time (in your own town and in your neighbors) and sending criminals to do "bad things" in your town also hurt your Righteousness rating as well.

Although upon further reading, most people see wild swings in their righteousness rating each week, and never vandalize nor get vandalized themselves. Mine never falls below 5 stars and I get vandalized every day. I just don't add people who say "No graffiti" and play with my mixed bag of friends, since it's all a game anyways. Hope that helps.
  • xochipilli321
    3 posts
    edited June 2015
    I don't truly understand how this works, but I do see a correlation between repeated and routine vandalism and a lower "Righteousness" rating. I too don't appreciate the vandalism and have deleted those who do it routinely. I'm on daily unless I'm on vacation. I'm xochipilli321 - add me :)

Edit - Just found this explanation about vandalism and "Righteousness" rating on another site:

http://tstoaddicts.com/2014/12/02/tappers-101-vandalism-tagging-spray-paint/

Hope this helps.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kimmbug
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2015

......Although upon further reading, most people see wild swings in their righteousness rating each week, and never vandalize nor get vandalized themselves. Mine never falls below 5 stars and I get vandalized every day...

I just purchases the "unemployment building"... (Or some Thing like that). That is the only thing I did different.... I made no habit changes when visiting friends or didn't notice any more or less vandalism from friends other than usual. As soon as I made that purchase my obedience rate went up 1 1/2 stars and my righteousness rate fell from 5 to 3 1/2 stars. LOL

I'm with you Sgt. Batman... I'm just going to keep playing with my " mixed bag of friends" as you called yours, and not freak out over vandalism. This game is fun without stressing!

Thanks everyone for the info. It helped a lot, but things still seem kind of hit or miss with the star rating system... Happy tapping! Feel free to add me. I have a few more spots--
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!