EA Forums - Banner

It keeps trying to start a nee game when I log in!!

Hi - I just wanted to clarify. Do you mean that a new game starts after logging in to the game through your Origin account, or just when you open your game?

(I'm assuming you mean your Origin account as you have been playing for two years, but want to be sure).

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Did you create an origin account? If so the progress is saved.

Try force closing the game and see if that works. If not you may have to just have to deal with the annoyance until you reach the point in the new anonymous game where you can sign in again. This happened to me a few days ago and it was maybe a half hour but it stopped once I was able to get to that point and I signed in again.

If all else fails maybe deleting the game and reinstalling it.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    If you mean you are logging in through your Origin account, try what efin has instructed (Force close the game, play until you can log in if needed and if that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling).

If that fails, try logging in to the game through another device if you can.

If that fails, or you do not have another device, contact EA support - I recommend the call back option as speaking with someone often gets better results than live chat or emailing. If you have an Origin account they should be able to help restore your game, I believe, as it is saved on their servers (please someone correct this if I am wrong).

To open a ticket with EA (whether it is call back, live chat etc), you need to go to: http://help.ea.com - or go to the bottom right of this page and click on Customer Support.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited June 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    Hi - I just wanted to clarify. Do you mean that a new game starts after logging in to the game through your Origin account, or just when you open your game?

(I'm assuming you mean your Origin account as you have been playing for two years, but want to be sure).

The intro movie starts to play after I login using my Origin email address + password.

That's what's worrying me. Usually it only does that when it bypasses my login.

I've tried logging out and then back in again, but it does the same thing.... intro movie.
    I'm playing this on a Kindle Fire HD btw, in case it matters.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Ok. Do you have another device you can try to log in from?
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited June 2015
    suetopia wrote:

Not at the moment, no. I left my iPhone at work. I can always check it tomorrow.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    spoonmanx wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Not at the moment, no. I left my iPhone at work. I can always check it tomorrow.

I would try logging in through the other device to see if you can access it from there. If you don't want to wait, try uninstalling and reinstalling as efin has suggested.

EA Support will likely suggest these steps first as a method of troubleshooting your game, so it's good to try these methods first before contacting them to see if you can retrieve your game on your own.

If not, EA support is the only other way I know of to try to retrieve it. If you request a call back, call them from something other than your device (as you are using a Kindle, this isn't an issue I guess). They will ask you to go into the game while they try to help you figure out what is going on.

EDIT: Good luck! I really hope you get your game back! Keep us updated on what happens!

If what efin and I have suggested does not work, it is quite possible someone else will have another idea, so checking in again is always a good idea. :D
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited June 2015

try clearing the data in the app manager... it'll probably download the last update again when you relaunch and tell you your town didn't save properly/advise you to sign in from your other device... just click play now and proceed at that point.

got the same thing a few weeks ago and this worked for me.

• uglyduck1ing
    174 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I had exactly this a couple of months ago and a call back to/from EA sorted it all out for me, which was a surprise as I am in the UK.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.