EA Forums - Banner

Between quest buildings and a level or more ahead

Personally, I would like the building as soon as it comes out. In game cash is easy to come by, so I spend it when I get it. If you save $100k, then it's only a days extra income. Not worth the wait :D

Replies

• Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I would buy the building and simply set it off to the side until you find that perfect spot for it. Purchased the Penitentiary a while back and still haven't found the spot for it, so it sits on a plot of land I got just for that purpose.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    wattsca wrote:
    Personally, I would like the building as soon as it comes out. In game cash is easy to come by, so I spend it when I get it. If you save $100k, then it's only a days extra income. Not worth the wait :D

While that may be so, I find it easier to recover from buying a plot of land than a building going for over one hundred grand. It doesn't look as though with the last updates that brought us a new level the level 23 stuff, from what the walkthrough thread was showing, dropped much. I actually saved money when I waited to get Nelson's house because at the time the friends bonuses weren't working at all. When level 23 came out the price dropped and I saved around twenty grand. Then the Christmas stuff came out and while I was plodding along with Christmas stuff and doing Nelson on the side I transitioned into the Krabapple quests. This was right before someone had found out that visiting your friends with Soringfield signs first gained you bugger bonuses and I didn't have enough friends to make a quicker recovery from buying anything. Instead of buying a nice low priced piece of land, recovering the price for that, and then placing the apartments I went and built the apartments and goofed up part of my plans with the Christmas buildings. It's not a bad goof because the Try-N-Save looks okay on the other side of the parking lot I have for my Mapple Store. The thing is if I don't need the Post Office right away then I'd like to wait and see if I can save some money on it so I don't have things hit the money stack too much when the Channel Six quests show up later today or tomorrow.

I just wonder how many people decided to wait and see if the price of a building dropped with the next level updates when their quests for it and the next level update happen just days apart, when we're given a clearcut date, and did other things like buying land, fixing up a section of their town, or adding to something they're doing to make their town unique.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!