EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

Crashity crash crash

Replies

• Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    kxtr wrote:
    Is anyone close to finishing Homer's task yet? Curious if just goes away once he is done, but I guess that's unlikely.
    Yeah, the task is surely finished by now but no change.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    EA support has roll back my town. But now all flags are gone and the skin Duff Lady.
    And the donuts I have paid for the items are gone too. :evil:
    So I have contacted EA the third times. Neighbor visits are not possible. Game crashs again. :roll:
  • craighk01957
    154 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    It's bringing me back to the game start (Homer blows up Springfield video clip). Any suggestions for a solution? Thank you.
    Uninstall, reinstall, login, play.

Thanks Brabsel. I just tried that, now I get a message saying "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please login to that device". Or something like that. I don't play on another device!
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    It's bringing me back to the game start (Homer blows up Springfield video clip). Any suggestions for a solution? Thank you.
    Uninstall, reinstall, login, play.

Thanks Brabsel. I just tried that, now I get a message saying "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please login to that device". Or something like that. I don't play on another device!
    That's normal, don't worry and just click you don't care and want to continue anyways. It will ask you again and tell you you're going to lose some progress, that's normal as well. Click you want to continue and then you can play.
    So far I have never lost anything, so don't worry about those warnings.
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Think we should boycott Ea games until they fix it. I mean don't purchase anything via in app purchases. That should hurt them. But knowing them they'll take ages to fix.
  • abegheer3
    81 posts
    edited June 2015
    Same for me: I had just played a game in a friends town and while trying to go back to my own town I crashed. Since that moment I can't enter my town anymore.
    I play on android samsung GS6
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I too have been having all of the above problems and was going to call EA but don't want a roll back if I lose all 34 flags with no compensation. I am currently not able to get into the game at all on any device: iPhone 5; mini; iphone6+ More than a little ticked off now!
  • rickyherna705
    2 posts
    edited June 2015
    Mine crashes when I go to my friends to collect foam gloves. I'll get through a couple of towns, then it crashes. I've tried reinstalling, shutting down my phone, and logging in and out. I have an iPhone 5.
    I do think it's on the EA server end. I'm sure they are being overwhelmed with this new update. It's a fun update. I hope they fix the bugs soon. Don't want another Christmas update nightmare!
  • kxtr
    15 posts
    edited June 2015
    Think we should boycott Ea games until they fix it. I mean don't purchase anything via in app purchases. That should hurt them. But knowing them they'll take ages to fix.

During the winter event there were two seperate days of a high number of people being locked out. Both times they fixed it withing 10 hours or so, the first time during christmas.
  • chrisretusn
    34 posts
    edited June 2015
    Samsung S4, all okay until I tried to complete a Rematch task. Gamed crashed before getting the that neighbors town. Started aborting on loading, cleared cache, got in. tried to do that task again. Boom, aborted. Now I can't get in to the game at all. Clearing Data made it worse. Trying an uninstall and reinstall next. Man I hate this sort of thing.

The game is bogging down a lot too.
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Add me to the list :(

Tried everything bar reinstall, crashes as soon as I enter the game - at least I just finished today's task of winning two games lol

Will Leave it a bit and try again, then go for the reinstall...

Edit for clarity, had also just sent Home to confront Lady Duff
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    @ Mods - worth a PSA thread to warn people not to start that part of the quest until confirmed its working?

(Not sure how we would get that confirmation mind!)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    TT_Degnan wrote:
    @ Mods - worth a PSA thread to warn people not to start that part of the quest until confirmed its working?

(Not sure how we would get that confirmation mind!)

I shall post a thread now about this as it does seem it may well be the task which is causing the issue
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I got all Donuts back. Nice support from EA.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    chris6271 wrote:
    I got all Donuts back. Nice support from EA.

Nice to hear :)

Be interesting to know if your game crashes again tho when you do the questline for Mrs Duff which seems to be the reason
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • suetopia
    4243 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Locked out too. Saw the warning too late. Was at the Homer confronts lady Duff part too. Hope they fix it soon.
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I am affected on 3 different devices.. Please fix soon.
    I had finished the duff quest and it happened... :?
  • NickiElliott
    337 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    My game is crashing after log in since sending Homer on the Mrs Duff task, as per Neo's post here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10340662.page

I hope EA fixes it soon, and not going to ask for a game reset as I don't want to lose donuts/premium items etc.
  • blvlgirl1
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm having the same problem on my iPad Air.
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Yep. iPad. Crashing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.