EA Forums - Banner

Why I don't like this event...

Prev1
Loving the addition of more land! (thanks EA)
Not buying any of the premium items unless it may be a new character/building. (Maybe)

I do have Lugash and Tatum (thanks to donut sale and old event)
however far i grt in the event is how far i get.
"I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

Replies

• cdepast
    2457 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Most of what you listed could be said for the majority of events over the past year plus. Maybe you just don't like events?
  • petehd14
    2767 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    The biggest negative - prizes that are only useful if you buy something else.
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    The horse featured in the event is Furious D, not the twonicorn - I know that probably won't change your perspective on the event, but I thought it was worth at least mentioning in case you prefer Furious D. (I'm not sure whether or not I like the event yet - too soon to tell).
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    What's the twonicorn have to do with anything? Furious D is a totally different charecter. I'm thinking the event looks great so far.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm thinking of just skimming through this one :?
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    What's the twonicorn have to do with anything? Furious D is a totally different charecter. I'm thinking the event looks great so far.

The OP thought the premium horse featured was the twonicorn and does not like the twonicorn, so I thought I'd let them know it was Furious D, not the twonicorn.
    Here it is.

Things I hate about this event:

11. Lots of weird junk (prizes?) That will take up precious space*
    10. Too many limited time premiums already... (more to come???)*
    9. Nelson skin 85 donuts! ?!?! Seriously laughable
    8. Twonicorn , Lugash, and Tatum- Why did they pick those to be the 'premium advantage'?
    7. Odd payouts for tap ball win/loss/tie. Is it random???
    6. Feeder town players have an advantage in tap ball matches/rewards
    5. Crafting/upgrades use same currency. I don't want to choose how its spent...
    4. Friend visits still = 1 foam finger x3 what a waste of time...
    3. 30 days (and then some..) I can already hear the crying for more time!
    2. Crafting. (I REALLY HATE CRAFTING)
    1. WHERE IS THE MONORAIL ALREADY?!?!?!?

Thing I love about this event:

1. MORE LAND!!!! ( I already bought all land no water!) Spent about 15 mil I think...

notes:

I always found Lugash gym ugly/boring.
    I have disdain for twonicorns thus will never own one.
    I likely will now buy the coliseum; always wanted it, just didn't want to spend the 'dough'

*I'm 'super' premium (+1k in real dough invested) and think EA is nuts with this one. First event where I wont be getting most of the limited time premiums...
  • starstrucsims
    337 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    To tell the truth, I'm starting to think female Tapped Out players are considered insignificant to EA. Sports? Mega yawn! I hate sports.
    Very few of the items look interesting to me so I don't think I'll even try that hard with this event. I usually love events, but I already had to do the superhero event. In the end it was ok, but I'm just not into superheroes. But a sports event is really bottom of the barrel in my opinion.
  • casby
    231 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    honestly, i was into this event solely because of a new fence (although grr crafting) but frankly the fans are too difficult for me to easily see in my town (I tried replacing most roads with pavement but they didn't respawn on the road when I logged out and came back 5 hours later -- the fans walk on the pavement, they tend to go towards the tapball field (but if you have a big town it's a long wait)

I've realized that when it comes to tapping things in town I need then to be both size and shape distinct from typical springfield people for me to be able to find easily (ie not people shaped or people colored, the large orange fan is fine to find but the other people blend too much,) or they need to only spawn in one controllable area.

• Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    To tell the truth, I'm starting to think female Tapped Out players are considered insignificant to EA.
    I don't think its just in tapped out or EA, I think electronic gaming companies in general have never considered the female demographic as the one to pander to...
  • AJtheboss1
    3864 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Smilee306 wrote:
    To tell the truth, I'm starting to think female Tapped Out players are considered insignificant to EA.
    I don't think its just in tapped out or EA, I think electronic gaming companies in general have never considered the female demographic as the one to pander to...
    Which is really stupid of them because now more then ever, there are a ton of female gamers in both the casual and hardcore gaming market. It's really their loss, because by ignoring their female audience they are alienating more potential costumers.
    With that said, they have been a little bit more female friendly in this game, considering that only a year and a half ago people on the forum were yelling about more female characters being added.

What I'm personally wondering is what starstrucsims wants in regard to a female friendly event. People who feel these events don't cater to the female demographic need to remember if an event is too feminine men will complain. The trick is there needs to be a balance. Super heroes and sports isn't exactly a "guy only" thing so I think it has more to do with personal preference then a gender issue.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I think that these past few events have been very well rounded, if you ignore seasonal events (Christmas, Halloween etc.) And events based 100% on the show ( Terwilligers, Stonecutters etc.) We have had a good mix in the past year, clash of clones for people who like those apps, superheroes for people who like comics, and tap ball for those who like sports. I think that these 3 alone catch three big groups of people regardless of gender. And also you don't have to really be into the actual thing to enjoy the event about it, I'm not a person that reads comics but I still enjoyed the superheroes event and the same with this event, I don't play or follow any sport but I'm enjoying tap ball.

And finally I'm just wondering what would be considered an event for girls? I guess you could try fairy tales or weddings, I would enjoy both of these as long as the had good game mechanics, I couldn't imagine a big uproar from the lads that play the game if we had a "girly" event for a change.

Anyway that's just my opinion, so in conclusion I don't think EA is ignoring the girls that play, its just depends on how you look at things. And I'm a guy by the way so I may be just slightly biased

• chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    is there a point in visiting neighbours?
    ech, so much effort for so little reward
  • Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    I think that these past few events have been very well rounded, if you ignore seasonal events (Christmas, Halloween etc.) And events based 100% on the show ( Terwilligers, Stonecutters etc.) We have had a good mix in the past year, clash of clones for people who like those apps, superheroes for people who like comics, and tap ball for those who like sports. I think that these 3 alone catch three big groups of people regardless of gender. And also you don't have to really be into the actual thing to enjoy the event about it, I'm not a person that reads comics but I still enjoyed the superheroes event and the same with this event, I don't play or follow any sport but I'm enjoying tap ball.
    I'm totally with you on this. Well stated.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3007 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm wondering what an event that caters to females is too.

I'm a female and I LOVED the superhero event.

Not that into sports but this one isn't bad so far.

Lots of girls like superheroes and sports. What would be considered a female-centric theme for an event? That almost seems like some weird kind of sexism.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    what I like about the event is the stadium and stuff will be a useful addition to springfield

i'm glad I never paid donuts for the other stadium, which will now be waaay inferior
  • starstrucsims
    337 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

And finally I'm just wondering what would be considered an event for girls? I guess you could try fairy tales or weddings, I would enjoy both of these as long as the had good game mechanics, I couldn't imagine a big uproar from the lads that play the game if we had a "girly" event for a change.

Anyway that's just my opinion, so in conclusion I don't think EA is ignoring the girls that play, its just depends on how you look at things. And I'm a guy by the way so I may be just slightly biased

Haha, I don't feel there needs to be a girly event, like about shopping or shoes or weddings. I'm not even that type of female. (My husband owns more shoes than I do.) But I feel the events should be more well rounded and of broader interest. In the past, I felt like they were. THOH, for example, was/is great. The Twerwilliger event, even if I thought the demands for crafting resources were too high, was more balanced and equal to everyone as far as interest goes.

But I believe superheroes is a predominately male interest and sports is definitely a male thing. So it feels to me like basically there have been two male-centric events in the past 6 months which is unfair. I mean one of the as yet unrevealed prizes, according to one website, is named after testosterone.

Someone on the forum had suggested the idea of a summer event with summer themed prizes, such as the pool mobile. I thought Homer's ice cream truck would be great. I just think they could've chosen a better theme that would be of interest to everyone.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Did I miss something? Where is furious d
  • Annathewicked
    4701 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Smilee306 wrote:
    Which is really stupid of them because now more then ever, there are a ton of female gamers in both the casual and hardcore gaming market. It's really their loss, because by ignoring their female audience they are alienating more potential costumers.
    With that said, they have been a little bit more female friendly in this game, considering that only a year and a half ago people on the forum were yelling about more female characters being added.

What I'm personally wondering is what starstrucsims wants in regard to a female friendly event. People who feel these events don't cater to the female demographic need to remember if an event is too feminine men will complain. The trick is there needs to be a balance. Super heroes and sports isn't exactly a "guy only" thing so I think it has more to do with personal preference then a gender issue.

The themes work for me...... but they could include more of the female characters in the events. I know events usually use low level characters, but they could include the higher level ladies like they do premium characters.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited June 2015
    Everything costs donuts... All I see is pink everytime I open the store menu.... 5 donuts for a flag u can barely see.. Right...
  • 88KEYS62
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    chrisgyo wrote:
    is there a point in visiting neighbours?
    ech, so much effort for so little reward

+1! :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!