EA Forums - Banner

Help building bridges

Sorry you have to slide the pics over to see the water, road, etc.

Replies

• shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    If you want the bridges you need to take the water "under" the road. I mean you tape the water, while you're putting it down, actually go back on forth under the roads. That's how the bridges are made. Comprende?
  • thatdonald845
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Keep trying. It will happen.

What would Jim say in this situation? 8) 8)
  • tagsfan60
    62 posts
    edited June 2015
    I have been trying for an hour seems like. I give up
  • lyndon928
    44 posts New member
    edited June 2015
    Place the water you that you want. Then place water over the road beside it. Only do 1 side at a time because the corners will mess you up and you will end up with something like your 3rd pic.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    The above wise tappers gave some solid advice! I would suggest you listen to your heart and continue trying. When you get that beautiful bridge built you will truly experience happy tapping!
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    that 3rd picture start a road on the road in front of the bridge then drag the road over toward the bridge and you should have your completed bridge.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Place the water down first and then build a road over the water. Water has to be on both sides and underneath the road. Test it by building a 3x3 water area, then down the middle place the road thru it, you will get a bridge. If you only want water on one side of the Bridge, the make two rows of water and build a road on over one of the rows of water.

Once you get it, you'll see you were probably making it more complicated than it really is. Give it another try.

Looking at the picture above by the prison, add two more rows of water down the middle, where you have the green patch of land, then run a row of road over a row of water. This is the basic way to add bridges. The play around with it to get the look you want.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • blizzardfri
    76 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I know that third pic is not what you wanted, but I think it looks pretty cool! I wish you success in what you're really going for.
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited June 2015

From this photo, try changing the grass (in the center) into water and then just replace/rerun road over those broken areas. You can place the road in one circular pass.

Bridges and seawalls can be tricky, but once you understand a bridge needs water under the road and on both sides and a seawall needs water under and on one side, you can create more designs that incorporate water.

• tagsfan60
    62 posts
    edited June 2015
    I finally got it. Thanx all. Takes a while for my old brain to figure things out but I finally got it.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    tagsfan60 wrote:
    I finally got it. Thanx all. Takes a while for my old brain to figure things out but I finally got it.

Funny enough, this question is the reason I registered and posted my first question about back in November 2012. This question pops up every so often - it would be nice if EA gave us a separate Bridge object instead of the current confusing multi-step method.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    tagsfan60 wrote:

Funny enough, this question is the reason I registered and posted my first question about back in November 2012. This question pops up every so often - it would be nice if EA gave us a separate Bridge object instead of the current confusing multi-step method.

Amen to that. I used to wonder where people bought those bridges, and assumed they were a limited-time item because they weren't in my store anywhere. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    tagsfan60 wrote:

Amen to that. I used to wonder where people bought those bridges, and assumed they were a limited-time item because they weren't in my store anywhere. :)

Me too Annette :lol:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    tagsfan60 wrote:

Same! :mrgreen: I got jealous! :lol:
  • tagsfan60
    62 posts
    edited June 2015
    Well I knew how but it'd been so long I'd forgotten how. Glad I could jog some memories
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!