EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Race to the Finish. The Race is ON! (Wish us luck.)

Replies

• Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    de_mariac wrote:
    I'll also be going through no walkthrough, scouts honour. It seems a lot more challenging and forces you to make strategic decisions - not everyone has to have this thought process but might spicen things up :D

Never used a walk-through the first time, but then when I started there weren't any....... and I just never have since they've been there............
    Not sure which I'll do this time around.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited June 2015
    de_mariac wrote:
    I'll also be going through no walkthrough, scouts honour. It seems a lot more challenging and forces you to make strategic decisions - not everyone has to have this thought process but might spicen things up :D

Never used a walk-through the first time, but then when I started there weren't any....... and I just never have since they've been there............

I just made the executive decision solely based on dialogue. On my first run I rushed through some good dialogue just rushing to complete and level up. This time I'll enjoy the full story while trying to rack my memory (helps) for character sequence and when they need to be used. Looking forward to playing with you all no matter your decision!
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I really think it would be easiest for us to all use a prefix that frontloads us all toward the beginning of our neighbor list ... that makes it more likely that we will visit one another, and it will make it a LOT easier for us to match up the person we know from the forum with the town we're looking at.

Like, if I named my start-over town "aa_annettemarc", then you would know in this thread that it was my town we were talking about ... If, on the other hand, I named my town "aa_SophiaLoren", you might not remember that is annettemarc's town. Unless, of course, you saw me in RL. Sophia and I are hard to tell apart.

Do you have a prefix idea that makes it even more likely that we will end up at the front of the neighbor list? Does it accept the number "zero"? I wanted to keep it easy, so aa_ sounded straightforward. ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    de_mariac wrote:
    de_mariac wrote:

I just made the executive decision solely based on dialogue. On my first run I rushed through some good dialogue just rushing to complete and level up. This time I'll enjoy the full story while trying to rack my memory (helps) for character sequence and when they need to be used. Looking forward to playing with you all no matter your decision!

My problem the first go-round, before I knew about walkthroughs, was that I didn't know to even watch for a trigger. Sometimes a trigger doesn't happen until a SET of characters is free. I can't recall specifically, but I know it's happened recently -- maybe it was the Mayor plus Lou and Eddie? Or Wiggum? I don't remember ...

But generally speaking, it was so hit-and-miss. Say there was a trigger that would only happen if Homer, Apu and Lisa were all free. Homer was on an 8-hour questline task. Meanwhile, I put Apu on a 4 hour, then came back 4 hours later and put Apu on an 8. 4 hours after that, Homer would be finished, and I'd see no trigger (because Apu needed to be free to trigger), so I set Homer on 8 and wondered what was supposed to happen next. Meanwhile, Lisa was assigned a 24-hour on some other questline. And at some point, serendipity, they were all free at the same time ... but I'd lost a day or two because I didn't know what was going to happen next.

It's so common to have two or three questlines going at the same time, and seeing the exclamation point, assigning the character, and not knowing that if I'd waited to assign him, I'd see a trigger for a second questline.
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Not sure how I'd have the time to do this without abandoning my main town. I suppose I'd find out afterwards who my real friends were(!), but I'd hate to lose any of them. It does, however, sound like a great forum event.
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited June 2015
    de_mariac wrote:
    de_mariac wrote:

My problem the first go-round, before I knew about walkthroughs, was that I didn't know to even watch for a trigger. Sometimes a trigger doesn't happen until a SET of characters is free. I can't recall specifically, but I know it's happened recently -- maybe it was the Mayor plus Lou and Eddie? Or Wiggum? I don't remember ...

But generally speaking, it was so hit-and-miss. Say there was a trigger that would only happen if Homer, Apu and Lisa were all free. Homer was on an 8-hour questline task. Meanwhile, I put Apu on a 4 hour, then came back 4 hours later and put Apu on an 8. 4 hours after that, Homer would be finished, and I'd see no trigger (because Apu needed to be free to trigger), so I set Homer on 8 and wondered what was supposed to happen next. Meanwhile, Lisa was assigned a 24-hour on some other questline. And at some point, serendipity, they were all free at the same time ... but I'd lost a day or two because I didn't know what was going to happen next.

It's so common to have two or three questlines going at the same time, and seeing the exclamation point, assigning the character, and not knowing that if I'd waited to assign him, I'd see a trigger for a second questline.

Yeah that makes sense, I would hate to lose out on hours upon hours completing tasks if I didn't know what triggered.... I guess it can be part of the FUN .... :twisted:

As for the prefix, Alcoholics Anonymous sounds reasonable haha I don't drink THAAAAAT much. In all seriousness though, I think AA_ is a fine prefix or A1 or 11. Im guessing there will be a list to get the exact adds for each of us though after we have been created
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    FYI, they do allow 00, so you might consider that prefix as well.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    Not sure how I'd have the time to do this without abandoning my main town. I suppose I'd find out afterwards who my real friends were(!), but I'd hate to lose any of them. It does, however, sound like a great forum event.

I won't leave you :wink:
  • rcb918417
    39 posts
    edited June 2015
    I'd definitely interested in doing this. I'm not a forum regular, but I've been reading this forum for a while. I only started last year, right before Clash of Clones, but am already caught up to the most current level. It would be interesting to try it again, with the hindsight of having done it once before. It probably wouldn't be to different, being that I never knew about walkthroughs, and I didn't get to use any glitches the first time, but this could be really interesting.
  • biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Sounds like fun. I'm in.
    I'd prefer not to allow any outside neighbours though.
    Maybe we need some sort of incentive, beyond our pride, to have our towns look like towns. In a race to level up, there is no place for roads :)

So as a startpoint we all play the tutorial until we can add friends, add everyone playing and get started I guess?
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

I won't leave you :wink:

I won't either! I'm putting you in a new category. Give me a few minutes to update my list.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

Oh, Lawdy, No! I would never ditch your town! It's quite spectacular!

That issue raised though, I will say main town takes spot no.1 for me, I won't be letting this one stop my main town from having all I can give it.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    good luck everyone and have fun!
    not gonna take part too much time starting over again from scratch
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Is there funzos?

I can't play with no funzos.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

Oh, Lawdy, No! I would never ditch your town! It's quite spectacular!

That issue raised though, I will say main town takes spot no.1 for me, I won't be letting this one stop my main town from having all I can give it.

Completely understood. I have absolutely no other responsibilities, so I have all the time in the world to do both if I choose, so it's not an issue for me ... but I certainly understand.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    rcb918417 wrote:
    I'd definitely interested in doing this. I'm not a forum regular, but I've been reading this forum for a while. I only started last year, right before Clash of Clones, but am already caught up to the most current level. It would be interesting to try it again, with the hindsight of having done it once before. It probably wouldn't be to different, being that I never knew about walkthroughs, and I didn't get to use any glitches the first time, but this could be really interesting.

a37.gif

Excellent!
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    G'won then, count me in :lol: 8)
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Dammit Annette! This sounds like an incredible, interactive, challenging and immensely fun event, but your timing couldn't be worse.

Let's see:

~Tap Ball event

~Am working on a time-consuming redesign that is taking way more of my free than I'd imagined - free time that is limited because of:

~Mr. Mom to an eight-year-old girl

~House husband chores and duties

~Lots of repairs to be done both inside and out

~Picking up two (2! (II!)) two-month-old kitties in an hour

~Hoping for a peaceful integration of said kitties with our seven-year-old cat

~Family time

~Assorted miscellania

So as you can see, my cup runneth over with stuff (AND things) while there is a severe dearth of time to undertake yet ANOTHER time-consuming occurrence in my life. So, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say

smohqy

is IN! What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment! Honestly, I've been thinking about this (and the impending kittehs) all day. I told myself I'd have to sit it out, that there'd be NO WAY I could do this AND all the stuff I listed (which is just the basic iceberg tip). But hell, what's the worst that can happen? Losing? Bah, that's a given.

I have a mad genius painter friend named Dave MacDowell (look him up, crazy stuff, NSFW), and he says this every time he starts a new piece:

"LET'S DOOOO ITTTTTTT!"

Questions: After sign-ups, will there be a specific time to start? Nobody is beginning now, are they? And will there be different categories to compete for, like highest level/XP, creativity,most/least buildings/land, INSERTCATEGORYHERE, etc.?

LET'S DOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTT!
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited June 2015
    I'm also hoping this community builds up to the point where we don't have to add any outside friends. Of course if you have RL friends that you want to add & your main town, nobody is going to blame you for that! But it seems like its generating quite a buzz so if we keep it going, we should have a steady community of regulars :D
  • alzo93
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Sign me up for this, love a challenge and was looking for a reason to start another town!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!