EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Race to the Finish. The Race is ON! (Wish us luck.)

Replies

• obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Hey smohqy, there's plenty of time! Just give up sleep, that gives you an extra 6-8 hours of play!
  • kimmah003
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to play along!
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Okay, I just updated the list in the first post. Anybody who has not done so already, please check to be sure you're there. If not, please post again so I can add you to the list. Thanks!

BTW, I've written up a step-by-step guide for how to start a new Origin Account for your new town, which I'll post a little while, at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

I'll also post a step-by-step of what "tasks" to complete in your town to get it to the start of our competition.

The Quest called "I Choo Choo Choos You" is the last one you would complete until the competition starts. When you finish that one, you can start sending/accepting invites from the others.

I think we can start creating our new accounts and getting our towns to the stage where we can add one another. The competition won't start yet, but there's no reason we can't get organized. :)

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited June 2015
    I was gunna ask the appropriate time to start. I don't want to get too ahead of anything to discourage members from joining but that's a nice idea. When you give us the green light I will start, also we should all use the same prefix (I think that would be pretty cool TBH..)
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    de_mariac wrote:
    I was gunna ask the appropriate time to start. I don't want to get too ahead of anything to discourage members from joining but that's a nice idea. When you give us the green light I will start, also we should all use the same prefix (I think that would be pretty cool TBH..)

Yes, I DEFINITELY want everyone to use the same prefix, and I think the idea of "00_" is a good one. I didn't realize we could use zeroes. (Thank you, lynn)

I also would very much like the remainder of the Start-Over-Town name to be the same as our regular town. So, your Start-Over-Town would be 00_de_mariac and mine would be 00_annettemarc ... should be easy to keep track that way. :)

(Oops. New update available for July 4th. Nixon? Are you kidding me? I VOTED FOR HIM. Twice. My college friends were off getting high, and I was voting for Richard Nixon. What was I thinking?)

Back in a bit. :)
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Was thinking start whenever leading up to the date.... Player must stop in questline advancement at the point they are invited to other Springfield and to get friends... Wait until official start with everyone?
    It's not that much work getting to that point if I remember... All you have is Simpsons, Flanders and brown house and quik-e I think at that point.....
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Was thinking start whenever leading up to the date.... Player must stop in questline advancement at the point they are invited to other Springfield and to get friends... Wait until official start with everyone?
    It's not that much work getting to that point if I remember... All you have is Simpsons, Flanders and brown house and quik-e I think at that point.....

Yep. That's what I'm thinking we should do. Everyone create their Origin accounts, get their new town started, and take it to the "I Choo Choo Choos You" step, start inviting and accepting the other players. Get all prepped for the start time of the competition.

I'm adding the Origin Account Creation stuff to the first post right now.

I'm also going to add some things about getting the town to the right stage. Lots of people haven't started a second town before, and they may get some messages that concern them when they go to log into their game. :)
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Two things:

FIRST, I added instructions for creating a new Origin Account in the first post.

SECOND, in case you haven't noticed, the poll reflects that "Really. Pretend you never saw this." is leading "Ignore this", about two-to-one.

:)
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited June 2015

Yep. That's what I'm thinking we should do. Everyone create their Origin accounts, get their new town started, and take it to the "I Choo Choo Choos You" step, start inviting and accepting the other players. Get all prepped for the start time of the competition.

I'm adding the Origin Account Creation stuff to the first post right now.

I'm also going to add some things about getting the town to the right stage. Lots of people haven't started a second town before, and they may get some messages that concern them when they go to log into their game. :)

Thanks a lot! Should be helpful to people like me who haven't, didn't wanna get disconcerned with anything either with this awesome forum event taking place
  • smohqy
    2104 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Two things:

FIRST, I added instructions for creating a new Origin Account in the first post.

SECOND, in case you haven't noticed, the poll reflects that "Really. Pretend you never saw this." is leading "Ignore this", about two-to-one.

I voted 'Ignore this.' I can't pretend I never saw something that I saw.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    smohqy wrote:
    Two things:

I voted 'Ignore this.' I can't pretend I never saw something that I saw.

Nice to know you have standards. :mrgreen:
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Can't we just add each other instead of paying 5 donuts to get rid of the quest?
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Phinnea wrote:
    Can't we just add each other instead of paying 5 donuts to get rid of the quest?

Good point. I think so ... I don't think it will affect the progression of your questline if you skip that step.

The task will just sit in your taskbook until the end of time, though. Certainly an option. Unless I'm missing something. :?:
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Phinnea wrote:

Good point. I think so ... I don't think it will affect the progression of your questline if you skip that step.

The task will just sit in your taskbook until the end of time, though. Certainly an option. Unless I'm missing something. :?:

Having that sit in your task box will prevent those annoying random tasks from popping up.

I'm in, decided to wait out the KEM build time. FYI, it looks like the game froze, but the timer is counting down properly.

Also, I totally forgot about that first cut scene!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    3. In the space where it says “Enter EMAIL” just enter your new username followed by @live.com Use your current forum name but YOU will add the prefix “00_”

What?

• de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited July 2015
    Phinnea wrote:

Pretty sure we can just add each other and save the 5 donuts!
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    3. In the space where it says “Enter EMAIL” just enter your new username followed by @live.com Use your current forum name but YOU will add the prefix “00_”

What?

... First one I thought of. ;) could be gmail.com or hotmail.com or whatever email client(?) you choose. If you want to first set up an email account someplace instead, do that. :)
  • emaren
    73 posts
    edited July 2015
    I **think** I am all set - Homer wants to play with his MyPad and Ned wants to condemn science.

I have a little over $5400 and 33 donuts and I have invited all of the people that have setup their accounts already to be friends.

When is the official start ?

00_emaren
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm on. Decided to wait out the quik-e mart build and save my precious donut since I know I can this time around. There are a few things I enjoy knowing so far since I'm not a complete noob...... Don't have to use the donuts to speed in the tutorial, don't have to clean up all the trash in the area, it makes good decorations and there's a limited quantity of it.......... :lol:

Hahaha! And my main game just informed me that sideshow bob has escaped from prison...... Wonder when they'll make that stop? :lol:

Anyway, new town underway.

00_annathewicked
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • OMFGBBQ93
    65 posts
    edited July 2015
    I'll might try this.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!