EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Race to the Finish. The Race is ON! (Wish us luck.)

Replies

• annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    As you all get to that point, send invites. Be sure you send ME an invite. I'll login every 4 hours and accept. Then I will add you to a "READY" list using your new town name in red font, so people can keep track of who is ready for an invite.

I'll keep the ready list chronological, so you can watch to see who is most recently added to it and know who to invite if they have not sent you one.

:)

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    OMFGBBQ93 wrote:
    I'll might try this.

Good! I added you to the list. :)
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    No, I just rebuild mine and can start again with new land, I'm gonna enjoy the nice Wether.

BUT really nice idea! :thumbup:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have my town ready. It is really difficult not to tap on things and continue, so I will add those who are ready and then avoid my town for the time being.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Oops, I made a mistake. I accidentally had Ned Condemn Science and Homer play with his myPad. :oops:

I'm 90 seconds ahead of the rest of you...but I can do the tasks again before progressing if you like.

I'm also ready to add friends! Will try to add you all before tomorrow. Or you may add me now, if you prefer.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Oops, I made a mistake. I accidentally had Ned Condemn Science and Homer play with his myPad. :oops:

I'm 90 seconds ahead of the rest of you...but I can do the tasks again before progressing if you like.

I'm also ready to add friends! Will try to add you all before tomorrow. Or you may add me now, if you prefer.

I did too. I am on level 6 because I couldn't stop tapping buildings as they were done. I don't think it will have that much of an impact in the long run.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Just makes it that much more challenging! :D
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    LOL. There were so many triggers going on at the same time in the town, I didn't know which one I needed to complete in order to trigger the add-a-neighbor (Choo Choo Choos Me) task. There were exclamation points everywhere I looked. :)

I still don't know which one it was. I did a few trial towns, and each one had tiny tasks (45s) popping up in a different order. (Little side-tasks, but you don't know ahead of time that it's a blind alley) ...

I almost sent Apu to walk the Octuplets. :shock:

I was going to suggest that everyone just play up to the Level Up screen at the end of Level 6. (Level 6 includes the Choo Choo Choos me task.)

It would be efficient that way ... and precise.

The tasks to complete Level 6 will include Apu walking Octuplets (1 hour), placing Cletus farm (build time 1 hour), Homer in kiddie pool (6 hours) and building the Purple House.

There may be some other things in there that I don't see listed, or that have been added or changed since the step-by-step that I'm reading for these first levels is outdated a bit.

So, let's get to the "Level Up" screen for Level 7, level up, and then stop. That just sounds easier all around.

And no fair putting the other characters on task instead of standing around idle. (That's not going to be easy.)
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Is it fine if I use a separate device for this?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    crosby357 wrote:

This is what I am doing. I don't want to login and log out, so I kept my old town on my phone and my new one on my tablet.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    So, just to clarify, Annette...We play until we see the Level Up! screen entering Level 7. Correct?

EDIT: Never mind, reread your message and that's just what you said. :D
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    meinaz wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:

This is what I am doing. I don't want to login and log out, so I kept my old town on my phone and my new one on my tablet.

You can play your towns on separate devices, or on the same device, whenever you choose. It's like checking your email -- the town is not "on" your device. It's up in the sky someplace. You can access it from any device at any time.
    As meinaz said, you need to logout of one town and then login to the other if you use the same device.

EVEN IF YOU ONLY USE ONE DEVICE, when you switch from one town to another, you will probably get a pair of warning messages involving "your other device did not save your Springfield and that some progress may be lost." Just tap the red button(s) ...

If you HAVE another device and don't think you logged out on it, feel free to hit the blue buttons (on the left) and check that other device. I never have, even though sometimes I KNOW that sometimes I have NOT logged out on the other device. I've always tapped the red button (on the right) and never lost progress.

• obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Okay, I'm up to level 6. Just to be clear, we are leveling up to 7 but keeping our characters idle. I've got prompts for the events, I'm ignoring them for now. But if don't send folks on jobs, I can't level up unless I collect rent. Is that okay? Can I start sending friend requests? I accepted two already.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Okay, I'm up to level 6. Just to be clear, we are leveling up to 7 but keeping our characters idle. I've got prompts for the events, I'm ignoring them for now. But if don't send folks on jobs, I can't level up unless I collect rent. Is that okay? Can I start sending friend requests? I accepted two already.

Ignore the events tasks. Watch your task book. Complete everything in your taskbook that is not event-related. You'll automatically Level Up when the programmed series of tasks is completed. Leave everyone else idle. (BTW, at these stages, you don't need to collect rent/XP to level up, beyond what is in your taskbook. So don't unless you are prompted to.) ;)

Sure! Send friend requests! On the first post, I've started a list (bold red font) of people who have sent ME an invite. I add them to the red-list as soon as I accept their invite. So you can tell from that red-list which players are ready for you to send them an invite. :)
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Sorry, I just keep thinking of questions!

While we're waiting, can we plant trees, build houses, etc.? Or just do nothing apart from our tasks? I'm assuming the latter.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Sorry, I just keep thinking of questions!

While we're waiting, can we plant trees, build houses, etc.? Or just do nothing apart from our tasks? I'm assuming the latter.

Trying to go rogue, are we? :)

(Nothing other than the questline until the race begins.)
  • alzo93
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Annette I've sent you, and everyone on the list in red an invite. Just working to level up to level 7.
  • abc1177947165
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    I might do this, but do I have to use the prefix with my forum username here as I got used to it as the game assigned it to me and I never changed it. The name is just so long I would prefer to use something much shorter would it be ok If I used 00_abc just dropping the numbers after from my forum name here
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I might do this, but do I have to use the prefix with my forum username here as I got used to it as the game assigned it to me and I never changed it. The name is just so long I would prefer to use something much shorter would it be ok If I used 00_abc just dropping the numbers after from my forum name here

That's OK with me if it's OK with our GL and everyone else. :)
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015

Absolutely! I'll add you to the "signed up" list as just "abc" and when you're ready to invite, send me an invitation, and when I get it, I'll move you to the red-font "ready to invite" list as 00_abc.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!