EA Forums - Banner

Posting Links on this forum?

No, sorry. The admin policy is that links external to EA should be only in signatures, and requests to remove them must be honored. Videos can be embedded in posts using the code, so long as they're appropriate. You could embed a video from a certain channel, but technically not link the channel itself.

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    No, sorry. The admin policy is that links external to EA should be only in signatures, and requests to remove them must be honored. Videos can be embedded in posts using the code, so long as they're appropriate. You could embed a video from a certain channel, but technically not link the channel itself.

OK! Thanks! :-)
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Hey! Are you allowed to post YouTube channel links on this forum? I would like to know for a future thread. Thanks! :-)

Hello and tapper and forum regular. The wise moderator above has given you sage advice. Happy tapping!
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

I'm fine with observing that policy, but it makes no sense. Not only referring to video embedding, but to any link we would like to provide. I gotta wonder why I can display a link where it is visible in every post I create (in my signature), and I'm allowed to write in a post "If you'd like more information, just follow the link in my signature." But I can't paste that same link in that same post. The link can be there, as long as it's visible below a horizontal line but not above the horizontal line. Just boggles the mind. What was the guy who came up with these rules taking? ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It actually makes a certain sense to me. If you put a link in a bunch of posts, and it's something that needs to be removed, it can be removed across the board by a request for a signature change. One edit instead of several. It's just in case a link turns out to be problematic, I think.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    It actually makes a certain sense to me. If you put a link in a bunch of posts, and it's something that needs to be removed, it can be removed across the board by a request for a signature change. One edit instead of several. It's just in case a link turns out to be problematic, I think.

Excellent point. Hadn't thought of that. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • McTattie
    521 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Must be a you problem, I can post links with ease.

sausage_PNG5198.png

See?

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    McTattie wrote:

sausage_PNG5198.png

See?

MMMMMM!!!!!links!!!!
  • David_Mills7
    212 posts
    edited July 2015
    McTattie wrote:

sausage_PNG5198.png

See?

sukLbMD6T8q3QWJo3AWB_linx.jpg

link_evo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!