EA Forums - Banner

Too many conflicting questlines?

Prev1
Don't get me wrong, I've been a big TSTO fan for as long as I've been a player, just over 2 years now. I want to keep playing at least through the next Halloween event, because the last two have been so fun, but I don't know if I can hang in there through all the conflicting questlines/demands happening currently.

To keep earning enough AB to hit the daily and weekly prize targets I must keep on top of who's assigned to what tasks and for how long---I know this is just a typical part of playing the game, but the prize target timeframes and requirements just seem tighter than usual this time around, and it also seems like there are more conflicts this time around: the same Springfielders required on multiple tasks/quests (e.g., ongoing tap ball -related quests and tasks, daily "training" tasks, 4th of July, Burns with the softball quests, Bart & D's separate questline, Alley McBalls---it's getting hard to keep track of who's doing what, for how long, and on which questline). I also need to keep playing as many tap ball games as possible to keep upgrading my players (and earning the AB for the weekly prizes). Meanwhile the game nags me to buy stadium upgrades (that it seems like I'll eventually earn with AB anyway) every time I log in. Finally, it seems I can't get through my daily neighbor visits without being kicked out of the game several times. The number of premium items folded into the tap ball event and 4th of July events is kind of annoying too.

Again, I'm not just game-bashing. I've loved TSTO for a long time. But lately, playing feels more like a chore than fun and it makes me wonder if Halloween and Christmas will be just as demanding this year. :?

+1. I love the game but it is becoming a chore, i have enough of that irl.

Replies

• Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't mind the conflicting questlines because it keeps the game from being just about weeks of just tapping, I like the extra storylines to break up the monotony. If we had more ways to earn a good amount of amatuer bucks and balls, I think this event would have been a lot more fun.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    May I suggest you indulge in a delicious chocolate bar and begin tapping again.
  • liseloteng899
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    May I suggest you indulge in a delicious chocolate bar and begin tapping again.

You're buying? With nuts pls
  • ytwilson
    101 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Exactly. Today alone Homer needs to earn amateur bucks with his "practice tap ball" 4 hour task while he does "work on stadium" for two 5 hour tasks for the daily tasks while he is to "fight for free stuff" for 16 hours with 9 others, some of which need to be practicing tap ball for amateur bucks. This event has made it hard to play quickly because you have to carefully consider what task you give each character.

Did Sports Milhouse have a storyline? I have had that skin since it was an episode tie-in. Completing that daily task only added tasks for amateur bucks to the list. Already had some. Not topic related. I am just curious. Thanks.
  • 112789b
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Yeah that's why I stopped playing the Family Guy game, it felt like work. This game is getting there with the events.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    brmdem wrote:
    Yeah that's why I stopped playing the Family Guy game, it felt like work. This game is getting there with the events.

Mostly because it feels like TSTO is trying too hard to copy FG. :?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Different strokes... Sorry you are feeling it's a chore. If I felt like that, I'd be asking if it was time for a break.

I'm loving it. Two level 54 towns. And just started competing in the Race to the Finish with a brand new town. Check out the thread on that.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

• brownhugh307
    35 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I enjoy the side quests for the variety aspect. The frustrating part is when they don't pay event currency on a character who is an earner on other tasks. I've noticed this time around there are more paying out than before, but still not 100%.
  • liseloteng899
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Different strokes... Sorry you are feeling it's a chore. If I felt like that, I'd be asking if it was time for a break.

I'm loving it. Two level 54 towns. And just started competing in the Race to the Finish with a brand new town. Check out the thread on that.

Do you even sleep :shock: :?:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015

Not that well lately, but I don't think it has to do with TSTO. :)

I'm retired. Makes a huge difference when you do not have a job.

But I'm minor league on the number of towns. We have one forum regular that was doing 11 at a time. She's also retired.
  • abc1177947165
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    i have 3 towns at Level 54, 2 towns at level 25 that im working on and the comp town that is level 10 atm.

its easier to play so many when you dont have anything else to do
  • liseloteng899
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2015

But I'm minor league on the number of towns. We have one forum regular that was doing 11 at a time. She's also retired.

That explains a lot... I work and have two boys, 3,5 years and 1,5 years so they are my priority.
    I hope when i retire i still play this game ( and problebly have more than one but 11 waaauw...)
    But since our goverment is forcing us to work until we are at least 67, i'm almost halfway there :p

Sorry for the typos english is not my mothertongue
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited July 2015

A forum regular with 11 towns?!? Now that is some happy tapping!!!!!!!
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:

A forum regular with 11 towns?!? Now that is some happy tapping!!!!!!!

That is one hard core tapper there 8)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have to admit that I was not happy that they added a mini-event inside the main event. The 4th of July event could have been a day at most or could have been ignored altogether or even given a part of the main questline but not its own concurrent questline.

The thing with this is just go for the daily prizes first, then do the main questline second. ABs come along but at this point what's the point in earning them unless it's to make more balls and even then it's out of your hands what happens with the community prizes so there's no point in making more- just earn them but earn them because you want to not because you have to.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Multiple quest lines are great. The problem is they all require the same characters.

We've said this before - EA SHOULD USE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS TO AVOID THESE CONFLICTS.

But they don't care, they keep doing it - shitkickers!
  • C0rgano
    443 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    ytwilson wrote:
    Exactly. Today alone Homer needs to earn amateur bucks with his "practice tap ball" 4 hour task while he does "work on stadium" for two 5 hour tasks for the daily tasks while he is to "fight for free stuff" for 16 hours with 9 others, some of which need to be practicing tap ball for amateur bucks. This event has made it hard to play quickly because you have to carefully consider what task you give each character.

Did Sports Milhouse have a storyline? I have had that skin since it was an episode tie-in. Completing that daily task only added tasks for amateur bucks to the list. Already had some. Not topic related. I am just curious. Thanks.

Homer doesn't have to be one of the 10 fighting for free stuff.... I have 15 other characters doing that task (figured might as well have them pull in the 16 ABs each), so Homer was still free to do other things.

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015

That explains a lot... I work and have two boys, 3,5 years and 1,5 years so they are my priority.
    I hope when i retire i still play this game ( and problebly have more than one but 11 waaauw...)
    But since our goverment is forcing us to work until we are at least 67, i'm almost halfway there :p

Sorry for the typos english is not my mothertongue

My kids are adults. I like your priorities.
    Three towns may be too much, but I'm having a blast doing the new one in the competition going on. See the Race for the Finish thread.

I understand the arguments for uping the retirement age, but I'm glad I was able to retire early. I'm getting to do a bunch of stuff I put off for a long time.

Don't worry about the typos. Your English is fine.

• indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited July 2015
    C0rgano wrote:
    Homer doesn't have to be one of the 10 fighting for free stuff.... I have 15 other characters doing that task (figured might as well have them pull in the 16 ABs each), so Homer was still free to do other things.

But he DOES have to be used for 10 hours' worth of 'daily training' today, and I was pretty annoyed to find the task only pays off in cash after he finished the first 5 hours of it. If we're forced to put our tap ball players on 'daily training' tasks or tap ball questline tasks, IMO those tasks should pay event currency. :thumbdown:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    C0rgano wrote:

But he DOES have to be used for 10 hours' worth of 'daily training' today, and I was pretty annoyed to find the task only pays off in cash after he finished the first 5 hours of it. If we're forced to put our tap ball players on 'daily training' tasks or tap ball questline tasks, IMO those tasks should pay event currency. :thumbdown:

In my new level 10 town I like geeting that cash! I'm cash poor there. In my level 54 towns I'd rather it be AB. So I see both sides of this. It is a change from previous events to have this be cash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!