EA Forums - Banner

Something no one seems to have said anything about...

All the balls you collect are from neighbours (or perhaps random towns, not sure about whether you can drop them on random towns while visiting for a match). The balls you drop are of random type - footballs (European and North American), beach balls, whatever. Sometimes when you collect a ball, you will get another ball that you can throw in a neighbours town, but not always.

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2015
    I have the same issues, the balls collected don't seem to collect, wasnt sure whether it right or not tbh
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • abc1177947165
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    All the balls you collect are from neighbours (or perhaps random towns, not sure about whether you can drop them on random towns while visiting for a match). The balls you drop are of random type - footballs (European and North American), beach balls, whatever. Sometimes when you collect a ball, you will get another ball that you can throw in a neighbours town, but not always.

No the balls that are dropped since EA is in the US are soccer, football and beach.

There is no European and American balls they both are American balls
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3072 posts Member
    edited July 2015

No the balls that are dropped since EA is in the US are soccer, football and beach.

Soccer ball are footballs everywhere in the world but here. They're not American.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2015

Soccer ball are footballs everywhere in the world but here. They're not American.

And everywhere except the USA would not call an American football a ball at all.....balls are generally round.....if yours are not round, see a doctor......unless you're an Aussie, in which case it's probably normal ?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    wildminion wrote:
    And everywhere except the USA would not call an American football a ball at all..... balls are generally round
    So do they call it a "rugby ovoid object" or what?
  • biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    A rugby micro blimp I think.
    American football is rugby in body armour right? ;)

So far I've collected 3 and sent out 2... Major contribution to the community I know... You may thank me later :roll:
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'll just leave this here to make sure there is no further confusion:
    PfVPA.jpg
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Any sport played on foot (rather than on horses) was once called "football." Differentiation happened later, as the football playing overtook the polo playing by quite a lot.
    It also might be interesting to note that the Spanish term (futbal) has nothing to do with the Spanish word for feet, and everything to do with sounding like the English word. Language is a funny thing.

And I actually don't watch a lot of sports, but I've heard from plenty of people that American football became much rougher than rugby, necessitating the "body armor." Something about certain moves being illegal in rugby but legal in football I think, though I glazed over a little. (I was only paying attention in the first place because the argument originally stemmed from watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.)
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Any sport played on foot (rather than on horses) was once called "football." Differentiation happened later, as the football playing overtook the polo playing by quite a lot.
    It also might be interesting to note that the Spanish term (futbal) has nothing to do with the Spanish word for feet, and everything to do with sounding like the English word. Language is a funny thing.

And I actually don't watch a lot of sports, but I've heard from plenty of people that American football became much rougher than rugby, necessitating the "body armor." Something about certain moves being illegal in rugby but legal in football I think, though I glazed over a little. (I was only paying attention in the first place because the argument originally stemmed from watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.)

This is one of the many reasons I like you - I learn new things from you!
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    That's the same in Polish too. Except we call soccer "pi?ka no?na" which translates literally to "ball of the leg." We call American football "futball" though.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Oh, and to answer the O.P.'s question, the ball icon in your town doesn't indicate the number of balls you've found or dropped, it's the number of balls you currently own. Presumably everyone's is at 0, since you should be dropping them as soon as you get them...
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    PfVPA.jpg

seriously, I'm going to start calling it hand egg.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    FYI - you tap the ball twice to pick it up.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I have the same issues, the balls collected don't seem to collect, wasnt sure whether it right or not tbh

The ones you tap on give you a *chance* to collect one.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    PfVPA.jpg

That Herbalife endorser's "foot" looks a lot like my ankle, and Emmitt Smith's "hand" looks a lot like my elbow.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It is good to know ones *, or indeed ankle, from ones elbow!
  • tdmdksk389
    354 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    Brabsel wrote:
    PfVPA.jpg

That Herbalife endorser's "foot" looks a lot like my ankle, and Emmitt Smith's "hand" looks a lot like my elbow.

:lol:
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited July 2015
    I know it's off topic Sorry...
    Here in Australia our Rugby League is rougher and tougher than American Football.
    We don't need protective clothing and we throw the ball backwards to go forwards.. :lol:

• Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    lawso69970 wrote:
    I know it's off topic Sorry...
    Here in Australia our Rugby League is rougher and tougher than American Football.
    We don't need protective clothing and we throw the ball backwards to go forwards.. :lol:
    NRL sucks, AFL is better. :P
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    PfVPA.jpg

seriously, I'm going to start calling it hand egg.
    I call it handegg as well! Just suits so well :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!