EA Forums - Banner

Law & Order: Simpson's Victims Unit (Day 7 ends Thursday at 10:30 PM AWST)

Replies

• maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    Wij is correct.. It really was a lot more fun being a villain.. :?

I was telling MC during the last game that I thought the fun part was just having a partner. I've always had the most fun when I could PM with someone. Good or bad. Our team was good but it still felt like we had to set other people(good or bad) up to get lynched, to save OUR team. It makes the game much more personal.
    This is so true! It gets lonely not having someone to talk to about the game. :lol:

I agree! I miss having a partner, someone to talk to about ideas and strategy. It seems more random when you're on your own.

I'll keep my vote for now, but I'm definitely up to changing it as the day goes on.

Good times MC, good times :wink:

Esyay! :D
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited July 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    That bourbon part of the last morning message is still stuck in my craw. There was way too much information there to just be part of the story. I don't think it points at jae, that would be way too obvious. It may be pointing at someone as a villain but it might be a bit early in the game for that. Brown, delicious, tempting; all those words were used to describe the bourbon that killed lionel hutz (roses). Who or what is brown, delicious and tempting? As far as I know there's nothing but a bunch of honkeys that post here right :lol:
    I'm wondering if Brandon wasn't just trying to do a creative tie in with a classic Simpsons episode. That phrasing comes from the episode Marge in Chains...

Lionel Hutz: Now, Apu, Mrs. Simpson claims that she *forgot* that bottle of... delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting.
    [holds the bottle to his ear]
    Lionel Hutz: [whispering] What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!
    [puts it down]
    Lionel Hutz: Excuse me.
    [he runs out of the courtroom, finds a payphone and quickly dials]
    Lionel Hutz: Hello, David? I'm really tempted!
    David Crosby: Just take it one day at a time, and know that I love you.
    Lionel Hutz: I love you too, man.
    (quote copied from IMDB)

Is the reference to the episode a clue? I haven't seen that one in a really long time, do we have any Simpsons trivia buffs in our midst?
    From Wikipedia:
    "In the episode, Marge is arrested for shoplifting after forgetting to pay for an item at Kwik-E-Mart. The family hires attorney Lionel Hutz to defend her at trial, but she is found guilty and sentenced to 30 days imprisonment at Springfield Women's Prison. Homer, and the rest of the family have trouble coping without Marge. The townspeople start a riot when an annual bake sale missing Marge fails to raise enough money for a statue of Abraham Lincoln and they have to settle for a statue of Jimmy Carter. Mayor Quimby has Marge released from jail in order to save his career and quell the riot. The Carter statue is modified to Marge's appearance, but is later converted into a tetherball post."
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Hmmm I have no idea how that could be a clue. :lol: Did anyone vote for Carter? :P
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    Hmmm I have no idea how that could be a clue. :lol: Did anyone vote for Carter? :P

Is anyone a peanut farmer? :hunf:
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited July 2015
    I have some peanuts in the kitchen :P
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    smohqy wrote:
    Wij's limitation on replying makes me less suspicious of him. From what I have noticed in my 1 & a portion of these games, he has good insights and backs them up with reasons. Could be that someone wanted to prevent him from posting his reasonings. Why so early in the game I have no clue.

Then again, he was right about me being a villain in the last game, but not for the reasons he posted; he was getting clues as to the villains, or at least me during the game.

I'm gonna reread and see if I can feel out who might want Wij so limited.
    So you're going to try to point out someone who may have a special role? That is suspicious :hunf:

And how would his limited speech make him less likely to be a villain? Seems to me he may have been picked because he was suspected by someone
    I'm going smohqy cause I find this comment suspicious

++smohqy
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    --Wij
    Since he hasn't got here yet. Going out tomorrow morning and won't be back till after the message so unless I get on earlier see you all in the nighttime thread.
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    smohqy wrote:
    Wij's limitation on replying makes me less suspicious of him. From what I have noticed in my 1 & a portion of these games, he has good insights and backs them up with reasons. Could be that someone wanted to prevent him from posting his reasonings. Why so early in the game I have no clue.

Then again, he was right about me being a villain in the last game, but not for the reasons he posted; he was getting clues as to the villains, or at least me during the game.

I'm gonna reread and see if I can feel out who might want Wij so limited.
    So you're going to try to point out someone who may have a special role? That is suspicious :hunf:

And how would his limited speech make him less likely to be a villain? Seems to me he may have been picked because he was suspected by someone

I don't know how that makes me suspicious. How else would he become limited to one 160 character post overnight? No, actually curious. Is there another way to become restricted without a player causing it?

As for your second question, to me, limiting a player's speech would be be beneficial for a villain to do if the other player were on to him/her. Keep them from informing the others about what they suspect and why. To limit a villain's speech would be kind of pointless as they could still vote during the day or kill at night, regardless of what they might say (villains do kill at night, right? I recall that from the last game). Of course, limiting a villain's speech would make it harder to defend one's self, but there's not enough against him for him to be defensive about.

I really have no idea who to vote for at this point, but I need to vote today, so for now I'll just balance my vote against Jblue's. If I actually come to suspect anyone or Jblue is in danger I'll change it. Also if someone points out why my thinking is wrong, I'll listen with an open mind.

++Jblue
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It's been awfully quiet this game day. How are we supposed to find villains if no one says anything?? :hunf:
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    It's been awfully quiet this game day. How are we supposed to find villains if no one says anything?? :hunf:
    Cause then a villain says something like this to look innocent and we find them! Got you.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    Cause then a villain says something like this to look innocent and we find them! Got you.
    Drat! Hoisted by my own petard! :P :lol:
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Something else I had to google today. Thanks Jae :roll:
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    You know you like it. That's why you keep me around. ;)
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited July 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    I'm wondering if Brandon wasn't just trying to do a creative tie in with a classic Simpsons episode. That phrasing comes from the episode Marge in Chains...
    This is probably coincidence but we do have someone in jail right now... Could he be Marge? Too on the nose? :? I don't know if the title is meant to be a clue or if Brandon used those lines because it's one of Hutz's episodes.

I look forward to Wij yelling at me for this when he gets out of jail. :lol:
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    smohqy wrote:
    I don't know how that makes me suspicious. How else would he become limited to one 160 character post overnight? No, actually curious. Is there another way to become restricted without a player causing it?

As for your second question, to me, limiting a player's speech would be be beneficial for a villain to do if the other player were on to him/her. Keep them from informing the others about what they suspect and why. To limit a villain's speech would be kind of pointless as they could still vote during the day or kill at night, regardless of what they might say (villains do kill at night, right? I recall that from the last game). Of course, limiting a villain's speech would make it harder to defend one's self, but there's not enough against him for him to be defensive about.
    I don't think villains would get a special role, so whoever caused it is most likely innocent. Looking for this person then would most likely put a target on their back.

Also, limiting a villain's speech prevents them from twisting things to their advantage, spinning a web of lies, starting bandwagons, yada yada
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Oh and there's no TT yeah? So that's probably the TT equivalent here. I think someone said that before.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    fmust68 wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:
    This is probably coincidence but we do have someone in jail right now... Could he be Marge? Too on the nose? :? I don't know if the title is meant to be a clue or if Brandon used those lines because it's one of Hutz's episodes.

I look forward to Wij yelling at me for this when he gets out of jail. :lol:

Well the problem with that is I suspect Wij has been silenced by another player with a special power. Certainly his Awesomemest, Brandon master of all GL's wouldn't put such a huge target on a player especially this early in the game. He's probably having too much fun laughing at us all....
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited July 2015
    So at what point do GL's throw hints in? When the game goes on for several days and no villains have been found? Now that I think about it, I don't really remember any hints in the last game.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    There could be hints in the story now and we are just not seeing them . Believe me that's happened more than once....
    These GL's are a crafty lot....
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    There could be hints in the story now and we are just not seeing them . Believe me that's happened more than once....
    These GL's are a crafty lot....
    It's so true. Every game I've ever played, I've been amazed by how many clues fly right over our heads until the game is over. :lol: It always seems to obvious after the fact....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.