EA Forums - Banner

I need some clarity, what are we supposed to be doing in this event?

2Next

Replies

• hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2015

I'm mostly collecting amateur bucks doing the daily training and working towards the community prize. Although I do question if the timer is automatic and has nothing to do with the balls we place.

I am not upgrading my team. I have a 2.5 star and a 3 star team. I'm not sure if everyone having a 5 star team is a good goal. I think it would have been better if we all stayed at 3 star and saved our bucks for other items of interest.

I'm happy with Furious D, a few skins and some new buildings. All the other items are just extras that will probably end up in storage.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I agree that this event is a bit confusing, as there are too many components. I've upgraded my main four players to 4 stars which I use to beat lesser players, and my B-squad loses to 5-star opponents. I'm hoarding AB for the same reason as you, to buy materials to make a complete stadium/sports complex.

As for the community prize, does anyone really think EA would offer those prizes and let them go unclaimed by everyone in the end? Of course not. Either the gameplay will be fixed to increase the odds of success, or the ticker will simply be "fixed" to ensure we get the prizes. Anyone who spends their hard-earned AB on balls is a fool.
  • yelp818
    88 posts
    edited July 2015
    I agree. The event is all over the place with the same currency being used for different objectives. If you need AB to buy balls to win community prizes, how can you be expected to also use those AB to buy craftables, and how can you also be expected to use them to upgrade players? Then, you have a separate collectible currency used for a different type of reward for each Act.

So what is the objective of the event? I don't know. Tap Ball is a stupid little game, that is laughably simplistic. There are a few cool things that would be nice to win to put in our towns, like Ally McBalls, the apartment complex, and the Gridiron. I'm glad there's a chance to win donuts. But we might not win the community prizes anyway, because the currency system was designed poorly and unrealistically.

But what the &#$* do I want with triple decker stadium seats? And why would I want a tapball field, when that has ZERO to do with the Simpsons?

And the skins are nice, like Referee Homer, and Ballerina Ralph will be funny. But how useful will these be AFTER the event?

This whole event is just one big disorganized mess.
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited July 2015
    yelp818 wrote:
    And the skins are nice, like Referee Homer, and Ballerina Ralph will be funny. But how useful will these be AFTER the event?
    I don't know but if Ballerina Ralph has a 4hr task, I can finally stop keeping Ralph in his elf costume. :)
  • bar6araT
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Can someone please explain the community prize ball? I bought one and dropped it in a neighbour's town. Since then, I have collected 6 balls in my town! But the counter says 0. I thought once I tapped them I would be able to put them in someone else's town, but they are no where to be found.

Thanks!
  • OceansidePowder
    183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    fmust68 wrote:
    yelp818 wrote:
    I don't know but if Ballerina Ralph has a 4hr task, I can finally stop keeping Ralph in his elf costume. :)

Or sending him Into the bounce house. Ralph Is a difficult dude.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    fmust68 wrote:
    yelp818 wrote:

I have my Ralph constantly making sushi. It's only 3 hours, but it pays more than freemium 4-hour tasks.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    bar6araT wrote:
    Can someone please explain the community prize ball? I bought one and dropped it in a neighbour's town. Since then, I have collected 6 balls in my town! But the counter says 0. I thought once I tapped them I would be able to put them in someone else's town, but they are no where to be found.

Thanks!

You have a 1/5 chance of getting a ball when you tap one. I believe when you tap it the community counter goes up by one. Then you can drop the ball on someone else. If you drop it on someone who has not gotten to the task to buy one, then it will never be found. A huge mistake IMHO by EA. Much discussion on ball related stuff in the many ball threads.

• 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    yelp818 wrote:
    I agree. The event is all over the place with the same currency being used for different objectives. If you need AB to buy balls to win community prizes, how can you be expected to also use those AB to buy craftables, and how can you also be expected to use them to upgrade players? Then, you have a separate collectible currency used for a different type of reward for each Act.

So what is the objective of the event? I don't know. Tap Ball is a stupid little game, that is laughably simplistic. There are a few cool things that would be nice to win to put in our towns, like Ally McBalls, the apartment complex, and the Gridiron. I'm glad there's a chance to win donuts. But we might not win the community prizes anyway, because the currency system was designed poorly and unrealistically.

But what the &#$* do I want with triple decker stadium seats? And why would I want a tapball field, when that has ZERO to do with the Simpsons?

This whole event is just one big disorganized mess.

Replace a few words and game specifics and that's exactly how I feel about the mobsters in Quahog.
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited July 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    fmust68 wrote:
    yelp818 wrote:

I have my Ralph constantly making sushi. It's only 3 hours, but it pays more than freemium 4-hour tasks.
    What makes this task appear? The Happy Sumo?
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm focusing on building up my own stadium first.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    fmust68 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    fmust68 wrote:
    yelp818 wrote:

What makes this task appear? The Happy Sumo?
    Yes, you need to buy Akira & it started as part of the Doris/Dora questline. I think you should be able to still get that questline once you buy Akira (which, I think is the best character/building premium deal in the game).
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.