EA Forums - Banner

Still waiting for the Cooling Towers fix!!

Prev1
Wow never noticed that, nice catch :thumbup: Definitely seems like an easy fix. Maybe they were not aware of it and it will get fixed for the next update now :lol:

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I never noticed that! Good point! :thumbup:
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    Seriously! it's been almost 2 years!
    come on EA! this blasphemy has a really simple solution,
    such an iconic building on Springfield, shame on you!

IapUvtp.jpg

Good point! The current shading makes the tops of the towers look like domes.
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Maybe that's just how they look when they're about ready to blow! :shock: :lol:
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    You may be the first person who has ever noticed that. :P
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited July 2015

I've been here a long time and I never heard it in here. Doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned though
  • killermaggie
    5 posts
    edited July 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:

IapUvtp.jpg

Doesn't look different at all, except for the side the lighted area is on. Makes no change to how it looks (I see no "dome effect".
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:

IapUvtp.jpg

Doesn't look different at all, except for the side the lighted area is on. Makes no change to how it looks (I see no "dome effect".

Good! You found the mistake! :D It does make a difference in that the new version looks right. The shadow on the inside has to be on the side the light comes from. But tbh I never noticed it before, too... :D
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2015

I've been here a long time and I never heard it in here. Doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned though

Actually that was one of my first posts in this forum...
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10103481.page

haven't seen anyone else complain about it, so i had to do something about it, must say it's driving me super mad!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    it's diving me super mad!
    Maybe keep the power plant occupied? The shadows are invisible when the towers are smoking. I've never noticed the lighting because I like to have the animation going.
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    Maybe keep the power plant occupied? The shadows are invisible when the towers are smoking. I've never noticed the lighting because I like to have the animation going.

i will know what's behind the smoke... My OCD won't be fooled by common smoke screens.
    but i appreciate your concern! :D
  • OceansidePowder
    183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have the candy cane skin, that stays on all the time.

Not sure If the shadows are any different.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have the candy cane skin, that stays on all the time.

Not sure If the shadows are any different.

It's less noticeable on the candy cane skin. Now if only there were more skins for it. The Pride event would have been a good opportunity. Or maybe even an invisible/clear as glass skin just for laughs. :P
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Well i never! I havent noticed that before :shock: Have to say it doesnt really bother me as much as it appears to bother you but can totally understand why it does lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I remember you mentioned this before, Dotcom. I've always like the dome-like effect, and I put fountains behind them to emphasize it.

gBjPYe1.png?1

• Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    I remember you mentioned this before, Dotcom. I've always like the dome-like effect, and I put fountains behind them to emphasize it.

gBjPYe1.png?1

Your'e an evil evil man! :evil:
  • Grumpstown
    1361 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    thank you, now i cant unsee it :/ we have to start a petition or it will stay this way for ever xD
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Grumpstown wrote:
    thank you, now i cant unsee it :/ we have to start a petition or it will stay this way for ever xD

I agree! Never knew that OCD was contagious! :shock:
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Here's another one to ponder ...all the flags blow one way, the Whacking Day 'snake' windsock blows the opposite direction
  • liseloteng899
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Dotcom180 wrote:

i will know what's behind the smoke... My OCD won't be fooled by common smoke screens.
    but i appreciate your concern! :D

I hear you dotcom... Just knowing is enough to be irritated by it...
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Here's another one to ponder ...all the flags blow one way, the Whacking Day 'snake' windsock blows the opposite direction

But you can rotate the flags, at least, so that's a user-selected direction. Not sure whether you can get them to match the windsock or not.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.