EA Forums - Banner

Best way to spend Amateur Bucks?

Personally, I don't see any benefit in upgrading my players. Mine are all at 2.5-3 stars
Playing since Aug 2011

Replies

• forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Oh? Why's that?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • 4junk3000
    5482 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I've just been letting it accrue.

I don't care too much about building a stadium with these ridiculously scaled bleachers.

I dont care about upgrading the players beyond 3.5 stars when I have so much tonic coming in.

I would spend it on recharges if I cared about playing more matches per day, but I don't.

The balls aren't even interesting. This event is not that appealing to me I guess.

So maybe something will release later and I'll be glad I have the surplus saved up. Idk

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2015
    Oh? Why's that?

because it doesn't really increase your chances at anything except winning. But if you find someone with 3 stars you can still play tap ball. By not upgrading players you can craft items. I mean unless you don't like any of the items in which case it doesn't matter. Personally, I do like the items and I built a football field with bleachers behind the high school, and an obstacle course by my police station, and now I am currently building the soccer stadium.

There is a piece about this on TSTO addicts as well. From what I have seen they feel the same way.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Upgrading your players increases the collection area when you are tapping fans, so there is that.
  • raswartz
    66 posts
    edited July 2015
    I am in hording mode with these. Upgrading players does not seem to be very productive, so I've stopped doing that. I do not like the stadium decos that much. The community prizes are totally nerfed up. So I will wait to see what Phase 3 brings. If the community prizes get straightened out and begin to look achievable, I will start dumping my bucks into the balls. If better decos are released in Phase 3, I will get those. Otherwise, I'll probably just buy a bunch of fences at the end of the event and use them around some upcoming building.

Here's where I would mention my dislike of the event, but I am getting some skins out of it, including some classics like Pin Pals Apu, and Burns in his softball uniform, that I'm not going to really complain. Those have really been the fun part of the event.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    couldn't store the arena fence I just bought, which was a tiny bit odd. word up to people thinking about buying lots of it.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    couldn't store the arena fence I just bought, which was a tiny bit odd. word up to people thinking about buying lots of it.

Really? It lets me store the fences. It makes you place it first, but once it's placed, you can go back and store it.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Personally, I don't see any benefit in upgrading my players. Mine are all at 2.5-3 stars

I agree. is it really best that we all have an arms race to 5 stars? I'm staggered between 2.5-4 and am purchasing balls and saving my amateur bucks.

Now to go play against Panopticnic :wink:
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2015

You might be able to store it after the event?? I hope...
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Balls
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    Balls
    :lol:
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2015

I agree. is it really best that we all have an arms race to 5 stars? I'm staggered between 2.5-4 and am purchasing balls and saving my amateur bucks.

Now to go play against Panopticnic :wink:

Bring it
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    my tap ball players except for milhouse are at 3 stars. i used my AB's for another soccer net
    saving up for two more stadium lights to make my tap ball field complete
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Since they dropped the price, I've been putting mine into balls.
  • jesslynco
    270 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    As soon as the event is over you will be able to store it. Hoarder. :D

Almost all event related decorations are like that.
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    jesslynco wrote:
    As soon as the event is over you will be able to store it. Hoarder. :D

Almost all event related decorations are like that.

you CAN store fences, after you craft them instead of placing them just click the 'X' and they will be stored.
  • OzzyNL
    24 posts
    edited July 2015
    Really on balls? Never seen them back in my town whats the point?
  • chrisdirai146
    386 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    OzzyNL wrote:
    Really on balls? Never seen them back in my town whats the point?

Right. No point. The community prizes are unattainable anyways and if history repeats we would simply get all the community prizes "gifted to us" either through exponential reductions in participation required or as straight up gifts. It appears as if the counter is just for show...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.