EA Forums - Banner

What are the criteria for a good Springfield?

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    canonmills wrote:
    What have I missed?

A picture!!!

Check out these threads for comparison.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/100/9043305.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9095969.page

Of your town's overinflated ego/head! HAHAHAH

Kidding, you do realize that posts like these leave you open to ridicule? Or perhaps this is just a cleverly disguised add-me thread?

Either way, I am sure that those of us who have reached level 24 will not agree that your Springfield is the best of the bestest. I happen to think that I've got some friends on my list who have jaw-dropping towns. So there! LOL
  • Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    canonmills

For a while now I've considered my Springfield to be infinitely superior to other people's. Call it a hunch, but I doubt there's a prettier Springfield out there. Now, as some may protest my arrogance, I thought it might be useful to discuss a set of criteria for a good Springfield so that such self-satisfied debate can take place within an agreed structure.

Now admittedly it could be argued that the following criteria have been intentionally chosen to favour my own Springfield, but if you feel any of the criteria are flawed then explain why.

PROPOSED CRITERIA FOR A GOOD SPRINGFIELD

A good Springfield should:
    1. Make attractive and functional use of building placement and decorations
    2. Have a well thought out town layout, probably with clearly established neighbourhoods
    3. Make good use of space
    4. Ensure a logical and tidy approach to roads, rivers and pavements
    5. Value creativity in town planning

In particular, a good Springfield should avoid:
    6. Clumsily placed buildings or decorations (eg houses misaligned with roads, fences with gaps etc)
    7. House farms - the height of ugliness

What have I missed?

Wow I find this disturbing on so many levels. There have been many SF that are designed creatively which would not meet your criteria of a "good" Springfield. Stop trying to squelch the creativity of others with these so called standards, MYOS (Mind your own Springfield)
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    canonmills wrote:

In particular, a good Springfield should avoid:
    6. Clumsily placed buildings or decorations (eg houses misaligned with roads, fences with gaps etc)
    7. House farms - the height of ugliness

What have I missed?

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I've see. A few amazing Springfields with well designed house farms, sometimes I honestly think the more houses the better. Okay I'm not talking like 1000 brown houses crammed on one square plot of land but more like 40 different houses as opposed to 10. And that is just my opinion.
  • RogersmithAD
    19 posts
    edited January 2013
    This sounds really ****... so no thanks, I don't want to live in your ****-Springfield.

:lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.