EA Forums - Banner

Sportsmanship?

janis810
196 posts Member
Tap ball hooligans will soon be roaming the streets.

Replies

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I guess that's one way to get to the top of your leaderboard.

Seems a little petty to me, though. That, and usually the people at the top are the best neighbors during events. :mrgreen:
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Im honestly losing every 2 out of 3 games on purpose. I have 3 teams, 1 at 5 stars, 2 at base stars and I play against lvl 5 teams for max payout. Not sure why your neighbor would care...
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm trying to get to the bottom of my leaderboard. Achieving that is more difficult than one would think.

In my main town, I have 33 neighbors. I am currently at #30. I'm in pretty close contention with #31 and #32. But #33 is winning the race-to-the-bottom by a landslide. I may have to drop her. (Hear that, OtherErchin? If you don't start winning some tapball games, I'm dropping you. You're toast.). :twisted:

OP, it is possible that it was a coincidence ... That maybe your ex-neighbor had merely decided to shorten their neighbor list? I had about 85 neighbors up to a few weeks ago, when I got overwhelmed with other stuff and decided to cut back. Felt horrible for doing so, but just couldn't handle that many. Maybe that's what happened?

I just thought I'd throw that idea out there. ;)

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 4junk3000
    5259 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    He may have decided that you were ruining his record.

Why care? Plenty of neighbors out there. Keep calm and tap on!

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I can't even remember the last time I looked at the leaderboard.
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm trying to get to the bottom of my leaderboard. Achieving that is more difficult than one would think.

Just checked my leaderboard, Annette, and one neighbor I'm sure we have in common is just below you. I'll do my best shortly to lose to her a few times to help you on your quest.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

Just checked my leaderboard, Annette, and one neighbor I'm sure we have in common is just below you. I'll do my best shortly to lose to her a few times to help you on your quest.

Oooh. Shenanigans. I love shenanigans. Thank you!

It NEVER occurred to me that I could 'win' this merely by losing games directly against my fellow bottom-feeders. Shucks. I have to go check their star ratings ... might be tough to lose to them. My tapball players are all below 4 stars ... half are 3.5, I think ...

Maybe I should go to the "strategy" thread and ask Neggy to help me draw up my best formula for losing. ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Kind of same way when I go on a call of duty game and break out a single semi automatic pistol and give people the business. People don't like when their position is pulled from their grasp. I love the challenge. If someone beats me with my own maneuver I just try and figure out their strategy and beat them back. Where it be this or any type of digital game I play or even sports. Like paintball or hockey/deck hockey or billiards. Life is challenge and you can't cry like a we baby in the face of it. Lol.
    So let the person remove you. It's their loss.

Just do this.tumblr_meudpvcwft1rqznen.gif?w=780
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    That's a rotten thing to do. The only reason to remove a neighbor this far into an event is if they simply have nothing to tap in their town...

Good luck to everyone doing anything with the leaderboards, I never liked them and frankly I have little use for them. I know whom I want to challenge and I don't mind losing all the time yet I still try to win anyway. 8)
  • smohqy
    2102 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    On/off topic - I like the leaderboard because you can quickly scroll thru it and with one click, you can go to the town you choose. I wish it were that way between events, just alphabetical.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

Oooh. Shenanigans. I love shenanigans. Thank you!

It NEVER occurred to me that I could 'win' this merely by losing games directly against my fellow bottom-feeders. Shucks. I have to go check their star ratings ... might be tough to lose to them. My tapball players are all below 4 stars ... half are 3.5, I think ...

Maybe I should go to the "strategy" thread and ask Neggy to help me draw up my best formula for losing. ;)

You've already got that formula. Stay at 1 star. :mrgreen:

In my RTTF game, I'm 30 wins, 271 loses, 9 ties. The wins are either from me getting my first win of the day, or from people losing to me on purpose to help me out on my defensive score.

OP: If they did this out of spite, then good riddance I say.

Edit: For those that don't know, the RTTF games were started a day into Act 2.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!