EA Forums - Banner

Any fully decorated springfield out there??

Mine is,sure it'll crash every 5 mins but 5mins is long enough for me to click the bart&milhouse icon to refresh the timer. Im deff not changing anything to my town and Im still planning to make it the way I wanted it to be at first crashing or not. I really hope EA fixes their servers in 2013 with all the money they must've made with the holidays

Replies

• Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited January 2013
    I did the same exact thing, I had to put most of my trees and fences back in storage just to make it stop crashing every 2 min. It's abit better now...still crashing every 5 min. I just hate seeing my town so bare, it makes me sad.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    Lool i wish i cud just leave it too but im afraid if i keep adding stuff it will become unplayable soon

Exactlyyy I hate seeing it so bare too! but it just gets soo anoying crashing all the time!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

• mcorway
    419 posts
    edited January 2013
    My game never crashes. Very rarely at least. I think crashing is connected to your Friends list. Back in October, during the Halloween quest I added 100 friends which ended up ruining my game. I got constant crashing. I have an iPhone 5, so this shouldn't be a problem. The game should work on the latest device.

Then I learned if I clear out friends, the game will work better. So I did, I started out clearing 20 at a time. Apparently 'broken' friends can cause your game all sorts of problems. I kept clearing out friends, and it kept getting better.

I keep my Friends list at a minimum now. I think I have about 20 now, mostly people I actually know... and my game works perfect.

Sadly, I know this game is a social one and as such you should be able to have a plethora of friends but until the developers stop the crashing due to 'broken' friends then I'm sticking with my small group of friends. I was still able to complete all the Halloween quests, and all the Christmas ones. 100 friends isn't necessary.
  • dougschoemer
    54 posts
    edited January 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    My game never crashes. Very rarely at least. I think crashing is connected to your Friends list. Back in October, during the Halloween quest I added 100 friends which ended up ruining my game. I got constant crashing. I have an iPhone 5, so this shouldn't be a problem. The game should work on the latest device.

Then I learned if I clear out friends, the game will work better. So I did, I started out clearing 20 at a time. Apparently 'broken' friends can cause your game all sorts of problems. I kept clearing out friends, and it kept getting better.

I keep my Friends list at a minimum now. I think I have about 20 now, mostly people I actually know... and my game works perfect.

Sadly, I know this game is a social one and as such you should be able to have a plethora of friends but until the developers stop the crashing due to 'broken' friends then I'm sticking with my small group of friends. I was still able to complete all the Halloween quests, and all the Christmas ones. 100 friends isn't necessary.

Although my game doesn't crash very often on my new mini iPad, I am coming around to this as a smart way to play and manage the game. I now have over a million dollars and a few thousand Santa coins because I have obsessed over visiting every friend after spending 20-30 minutes tapping in and out of one of their premium-loaded towns. 25 or so friends seems like the perfect amount, and will maybe keep me more even-keeled as updates come out. Instead of rushing through to finish every task quickly, leaving 3 weeks of cash-generating boredom, the time between updates can be more enjoyable and productive.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeahhh that seems to be my problem too but and il prob cut my friend list in half after xmas im just using them for santa coins for the mystery stockings,
    But iv never heard of broken friends what do you mean by that?

And yeah Im playin on an Iphone 5 so i shudnt have a problem at all there, I do the friend bonus thing alot since i found out but rarely have I crashed and since yesterday, Iv been crashing somewhere like 10 minutes in to it, so i just gave up on doing that and im just grabbing the santa coins for now
  • dougschoemer
    54 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeahhh that seems to be my problem too but and il prob cut my friend list in half after xmas im just using them for santa coins for the mystery stockings,
    But iv never heard of broken friends what do you mean by that?

There was a time a few weeks back where I had a few friends that crashed my game every time I visited them (one of them was my son). Had to get rid of them (awkward moment at dinner). That doesn't seem to be happening to me lately, but maybe that's what "broken friend" refers to.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    There was a time a few weeks back where I had a few friends that crashed my game every time I visited them (one of them was my son). Had to get rid of them (awkward moment at dinner). That doesn't seem to be happening to me lately, but maybe that's what "broken friend" refers to.

Ohhh Okayy Well i did have this house farmer and I usually dont mind play the game how you want to but last night i finished going in and out of towns for 30 mins got thru about 30 houses entered this guys Springfield and crashed I entered again and it lagged bad there was a 10 second delay to load everything, it never happened before but I just got mad and deleted him lol And LMAOOO thats hilarious
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    My Springfield is almost 12x12 fully designed, looks amazing, and hardly ever crashes on my iPad, even with my 100 friends. I tried using my iPhone 5 this morning and is crashed every 30 seconds. I have no problems when doing the friends cash trick for 30+ minutes either. I just guess I won't be playing it much on my phone with it crashing so often, but its more fun for me to play it on the iPad.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    My Springfield is almost 12x12 fully designed, looks amazing, and hardly ever crashes on my iPad, even with my 100 friends. I tried using my iPhone 5 this morning and is crashed every 30 seconds. I have no problems when doing the friends cash trick for 30+ minutes either. I just guess I won't be playing it much on my phone with it crashing so often, but its more fun for me to play it on the iPad.

I would always crash occasionally in my town nothing that bothered me too much, freind bonus wasnt a problem for me eithier until recently Its annoying but oh well >> Guess il wait till jan 10th update hope that helps
  • Wildcard2500
    70 posts
    edited January 2013
    I cleared out some space on my iPad and it hasn't crashed all that much. When it was near capacity, it crashed more often.
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Im just curious after crashing every 5 minutes I finally gave in and put away 100's of tree's and fences (something i said i would never do...) is there a Springfield out there that has most of the land, is fully decorated and you never had to compromise 'your design' because of lag and crashing errors? and If so how?

And is there anyway to do this without deleting friends or am I forced to wait until some fix that makes game play on larger towns more stable?
    I have wondered this as well. in the past week I've started to expand into 10x10, with a packed, decorated town, and it's started crashing. I do have 100 friends; maybe after the Xmas event I'll cull the list and see what happens. I prefer to play on my iPad (no crashing and I can see everything) but when I'm out I just have my phone.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited January 2013
    I don't think it's possible at the moment.

When my Shining hedge maze was up tech support told me this:

"If you have a lot of small objects (fences, hedges, trees, etc), you may want to try storing some in your inventory. A client fix will be released eventually, but this may help in the mean time."

I took it down and now things are relatively stable, though crashing does still take place. I currently have about a 20 square block of open space I can't put anything in because my town is about as decorated as the game is capable of handling.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    I removed a hell of alot of items even more than I shud have but I just wanted to stop it from crashing it seems better now but There are a few tree's and hedges just enough to keep up the rating even the friend bonus worked but im betting that was sheer dumb luck :roll: , I also took concrete away removed many rivers/ lakes, put a couple houses in storage, and its back to that occasional crashing that im use to lmao
  • RyGuy928
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    i have it all......RyGuy928
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    Not this guy...

My town is huge and very ornate. It crashes quite a bit. Every 30-45 seconds if I'm scrolling around.

I'm not putting anything away. Just hoping that when we go back to green things improve.

For now I just do 24 hour tasks and hit my friends button to refresh often when I collect and reset tasks. I can still build and rearrange within certain districts with minimal crashing. Visiting friends is also fairly stable with minimal to no crashing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!