EA Forums - Banner

The butterfly effect

Just when you think you can relax, BOOM an explosion, your laying on the floor, debris every where, you look around while trying to put the pieces of your SF back together but the glue won't set, you start to shake you feel faint you panic you no theres no way you can start again. So much time all lost friends family gone nothing left but the can't connect to server sign, mocking you laughing at you. So you close your eyes hopeing that the pain will go away. When you wake you feel different you feel happy you check your SF expecting chaos but everything perfect it was just a dream so happy feeling indestructible nothing can stop you now.

Replies

• shabu922
    171 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Methinks the black hole my be in your wallet from donut purchases?
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Now i'm harvesting coins.
    I allready got 5 deers and some donuts (20). But i'm thinking of sending my guys to do some Xmas tasks.

Keep harvesting 8)
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited January 2013
    Same here, but at least it gives me more to do other than collecting money.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Wasn't that also the name of a horrid movie with Aston Kutcher?
    I was hoping it would have demon butterflies...but nooooo.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    battyguy wrote:
    Wasn't that also the name of a horrid movie with Aston Kutcher?
    I was hoping it would have demon butterflies...but nooooo.

Like the ones from fringe? :D

6544-fringe-butterfly-iphone-hd-wallpaper_340x510.jpg
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Just a few days ago, I had finished collecting all of the Christmas items and had enough cash to significantly reduce the amount of times I visited my neighbours. Then the future people came and proclaimed the advent of the mystery stocking. As a result, I put all of my Simpsons characters back on Christmas tasks and ramped up my friend's visits. I probably spent an extra couple of hours playing the game which meant that I wasn't doing whatever I would have done had I not heard the mystery stocking prophecies. I now wonder what changes we have made to the space-time continuum.

Is it just my imagination or has the black hole in my Springfield just gotten a little bigger?

As long as Ashton Kutcher goes back in time and strangles himself in the womb, it's all good....
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    Just when you think you can relax, BOOM an explosion, your laying on the floor, debris every where, you look around while trying to put the pieces of your SF back together but the glue won't set, you start to shake you feel faint you panic you no theres no way you can start again. So much time all lost friends family gone nothing left but the can't connect to server sign, mocking you laughing at you. So you close your eyes hopeing that the pain will go away. When you wake you feel different you feel happy you check your SF expecting chaos but everything perfect it was just a dream so happy feeling indestructible nothing can stop you now.

The_Twilight_Zone_-_1985_intro1-1.jpg
  • childeharr
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I also thought this was a thread about Ashton Kutcher, but it's about actual science. I hate Ashton Kutcher and that movie.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    childeharr wrote:
    I also thought this was a thread about Ashton Kutcher, but it's about actual science. I hate Ashton Kutcher and that movie.

The worst part of that movie is that it's "twist" ending is exactly the same as Donnie Darko...at least from my interpretation...plagiarism is worse than ❤️❤️❤️❤️-baggery, IMO
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm drunk.... Actually drunk
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Aside from Ashton Kutcher jokes, I was actually thinking about this yesterday. H1RoadBlok shared that he had almost died in a motorcycle accident a while back. It got me to thinking about the threads he's participated in and started, and what information I've learned about those topics and posts. Granted, his survival didn't have a HUGE impact on my life (not like the HUGE impact his survival has had on his loved ones), but it definitely has made my time on this board more enjoyable. I couldn't help but think about how happy I was to hear his story, and made me sadly think about what life experiences (small or large, positive or negative) we all have missed because of tragedies that have happened years/decades/centuries ago.

Selfishly speaking, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for ❤️❤️❤️❤️. My grandfather was unjustly held in an internment camp during WW2, and my grandmother worked there. They would have never met and had my father if it weren't for ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Thus, I wouldn't have been born. I do not support ❤️❤️❤️❤️ beliefs, just to be clear, I would GLADLY sacrifice my life for 10-20 million others. I'm just trying to make a point: the butterfly effect is mind boggling, and inquisitive minds are often blown by thinking about these things.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Aside from Ashton Kutcher jokes, I was actually thinking about this yesterday. H1RoadBlok shared that he had almost died in a motorcycle accident a while back. It got me to thinking about the threads he's participated in and started, and what information I've learned about those topics and posts. Granted, his survival didn't have a HUGE impact on my life (not like the HUGE impact his survival has had on his loved ones), but it definitely has made my time on this board more enjoyable. I couldn't help but think about how happy I was to hear his story, and made me sadly think about what life experiences (small or large, positive or negative) we all have missed because of tragedies that have happened years/decades/centuries ago.

Selfishly speaking, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for ❤️❤️❤️❤️. My grandfather was unjustly held in an internment camp during WW2, and my grandmother worked there. They would have never met and had my father if it weren't for ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Thus, I wouldn't have been born. I do not support ❤️❤️❤️❤️ beliefs, just to be clear, I would GLADLY sacrifice my life for 10-20 million others. I'm just trying to make a point: the butterfly effect is mind boggling, and inquisitive minds are often blown by thinking about these things.

Funny, in 2005 I was in a crash, my car. My cousin died and I survived just about... Spent a time in hospital and broke any bones inc pelvis. He was 1 day younger than me so felt more like my brother than cousin, sorry for the downer, just though I would share that at Thsis point...

• Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013

Funny, in 2005 I was in a crash, my car. My cousin died and I survived just about... Spent a time in hospital and broke any bones inc pelvis. He was 1 day younger than me so felt more like my brother than cousin, sorry for the downer, just though I would share that at Thsis point...

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you're still with us! Fortunately, I haven't lost anyone close to me in my 32 years of life. Perhaps it's because I'm a bit more isolated, but I know it'll happen eventually. My hat goes off to those I talk to who have dealt with big losses, and can keep it together almost all the time. As a psychologist, the stories I hear and the perseverance that people exhibit is pretty inspiring, even if it comes from tragic situations.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!