EA Forums - Banner

Forum issue.

Prev1
ladycatlow
1010 posts Member
I know it's happened to other people, but I'm not sure if there is a fix. I think it will just start working again. But at least your friend knows he/she is not alone

Replies

• tagsfan60
    62 posts
    edited July 2015
    No idea. Might be a phone/ tablet issue. Can they access, say, Google or another web page?
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I haven't heard anything of this issue. Has this person tried using another device or browser? :?
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    That happened to me twice yesterday. On my PC. The window tab kept saying "looking for" the forum. And the little spinning wheel along with it. One time it was for about an hour. All the other sites were fine. I thought maybe the forum was down, and checked isitdownrightnow just in case. And it showed the forum was okay.

Tried later and it was fine. Unfortunately, that doesn't do your friend any good. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Edit: :oops:
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    First of thanks ladykittycatkitten for doing this thread :mrgreen:

Secondly yeah I can access other websites without any problems just this one and this what happens

XneMt4fl.jpg

It wouldn't load at all now I tried with/without my wifi using either 3/4g and still no joy. I've been having this problem for a while so it's not a one off.
    Thirdly I've tried another devices and still get that problem.

Also Neo had had problems yesterday.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited July 2015
    I use the site below whenever I have issues with questionable connectivity:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

You might also try clearing out your cache and cookies.
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Woohoo let's see how long we can keep you online for now eh! :lol:

Thank you everyone for your help and advice, you have been great. :)

It does look like one of those ones where it will just come back when it wants to thank you direwolf. :)

And I have now learnt a new thing to check when I'm having problems, thank you Annette :)
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    1VolMan wrote:
    I use the site below whenever I have issues with questionable connectivity:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

You might also try clearing out your cache and cookies.
    Yeah I have done that but had no joy 5VXsVfS.gif
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:
    Woohoo let's see how long we can keep you online for now eh! :lol:

Thank you everyone for your help and advice, you have been great. :)

It does look like one of those ones where it will just come back when it wants to thank you direwolf. :)

And I have now learnt a new thing to check when I'm having problems, thank you Annette :)

Hopefully for a while now :mrgreen: but am now scared of coming of the forum incase I can't get back on 5VXsVfS.gif
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Computers can be a royal PITA. :)

I once was having issues with the forum loading (PC). But it was also happening with other sites. Then I noticed my disk light was on for an abnormally long time. Ran the utility to fix bad sectors. Found one that was being used by the browser's history. Fixed things right up.
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Computers can be a royal PITA. :)

I once was having issues with the forum loading (PC). But it was also happening with other sites. Then I noticed my disk light was on for an abnormally long time. Ran the utility to fix bad sectors. Found one that was being used by the browser's history. Fixed things right up.
    Glad you got yours sorted matey :)
  • bgfujino
    499 posts Member
    edited July 2015

Secondly yeah I can access other websites without any problems just this one and this what happens

XneMt4fl.jpg

It wouldn't load at all now I tried with/without my wifi using either 3/4g and still no joy. I've been having this problem for a while so it's not a one off.

I had the exact same problem yesterday - same screen! Strange!
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    bgfujino wrote:

XneMt4fl.jpg

I had the exact same problem yesterday - same screen! Strange!
    Neo had a sever problem yesterday too I've been having that problem for a while it does my head in especially when I've been talking to people on here and all of a sudden I've got that problem and I don't want people to think am ignorant.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Have you tried using another browser? For some reason I get lots of DNS type errors on just this site with Chrome. Works fine with Firefox. Spent forever troubleshooting it to no avail, solved the issues with other sites but could never get this one to work.

Best I could do was it corresponded with a Chrome update that disabled support for NPAPI and removed a fair amount of my plugins.
  • mathumster385
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Had some difficulty yesterday and recently today. :( Using a different wifi helps sometimes.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited July 2015
    Been a bit twitchy for me the last few days, if I open a new, fresh browser window I can get here fine but if I open a new tab on an existing window or try directing here from a page already loaded with another website, it just doesn't seem to want to connect.

Same behaviour on 2 seperate pc's, both running Firefox
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I normally use google but I used yahoo and still the same problem. Also I closed the current window this time I never went from the saved bookmark I searched Tsto forum from both Google and yahoo clicked on the page and still nothing worked.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Bumped per Mod request.

Still having issues with the forum's response. Tried multiple browsers on multiple computers. Pages either take a very long time to load or timeout trying to load. Happens whether I reload a page, or load a new page in a new tab or in a new window.

Other web sites are not having this problem for me.

Please escalate to fix.

• dubhe1313
    317 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    This has been happening to me as well. Thought it might be a cookie or cache issue as it happens when I go to an already open forum page. Not always just sometimes. I generally bypass it by using my bookmark.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Don't know if this can help anyone but I have a similar issue when I access the forum on my iPhone. Basically I have 3 different bookmarks one is game discussion one is off topic and the third is the family guy thread! Once in a while I get the same screen on one of them and I click on another and it goes through! After that I can get in to the page I could not before! This is using safari on my iPhone
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!