EA Forums - Banner

Wandering Workers

Prev13
shaygitz
1009 posts Member
I don't have Otto, so I don't know about him, but I'm having the same problem with grampa and sometimes Lisa.mit doesn't bother me too much because I don't want to play constantly so sometimes I just leave the game before collecting everything, but I noticed it as well. Don't know if it's just a bug

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    shaygitz wrote:
    I first noticed it with Otto from the Shøp; I'd tap the chair icon to collect the chairs and release the characters, then quickly put them all back to work. But Otto would wander off as though he didn't get the message, sometimes straying as far as the tunnel before turning around and heading back. This really messed with my routine, as 5 of them would finish at the same time, and then 20 seconds later Otto would finish. I got so bugged I put him on a 24 hr. task and left five to build chairs. Then it started happening with Grampa at the coffee house, and then Louie. Coffee's too important to have only four people making it, so putting them on other tasks isn't an option. Anybody else having trouble with this? I didn't see any other threads about it, so maybe not

I know exactly why this is happening, as it happened to me with Otto and Grandpa-not with Louie as I'd figured it out by then. You know when a character completes a task and they do a little victory movement of some kind? Well Otto, Grandpa, and presumably Louie, have longer animations, and it interferes with the giving of tasks, as they wander off a little first then move towards the task building.

My solution is to just wait until they're done, or not tapping the crafting building to instantly collect the crafted items. By then, their victory animation is done! :)
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Just makes it tough if you're playing hard for a period of time, tapping everything as soon as it's ready and timing your play. Not a horrible thing as bugs go, just annoying
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Do you have a piece of road in front of the building? This solved it for cme!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    shaygitz wrote:
    Just makes it tough if you're playing hard for a period of time, tapping everything as soon as it's ready and timing your play. Not a horrible thing as bugs go, just annoying

I've been playing non-stop for hours at a time, and it's no problem. Watch him do it, it's a second or two longer than the rest. Honestly, I do it myself. It doesn't slow you down.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2015

I'll try the road. I've stacked buildings in front of the door, and they just walk through them
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    shaygitz wrote:

I've been playing non-stop for hours at a time, and it's no problem. Watch him do it, it's a second or two longer than the rest. Honestly, I do it myself. It doesn't slow you down.

It's as much as 20-25 seconds, depending how far they get. Not so awful for the chairs and the 30-second turnaround, but it really screws myntiming up on the 2-minute coffee tasks

I tried your suggestion of waiting a few seconds before putting them back to work, but it hasn't changed anything for me. I'll keep at it
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    shaygitz wrote:

I'll try the road. I've stacked buildings in front of the door, and they just walk through them

You can try that too, but I've got roads outside them too, and it still happens. Just watch them, it's really not as bad as you think, I do it myself. Just let the game collect what's dropped, and Abe, Otto and Loue will all be done. You're just trying to rush things too fast, but I'm still going fast enough to have about 160 million in REV.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    shaygitz wrote:

You can try that too, but I've got roads outside them too, and it still happens. Just watch them, it's really not as bad as you think, I do it myself. Just let the game collect what's dropped, and Abe, Otto and Loue will all be done. You're just trying to rush things too fast, but I'm still going fast enough to have about 160 million in REV.

Okay, I will. Can't argue with $160M! :D
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    For me, its all instant. Are you reassigning them by re-tapping the chair on top of the building?

Are you waiting for the money to move out of your way? I don't. I tap once on the stacked handshakes, then immediately tap the green chair on top of the byilding TWICE, one right after the other. The first tap lets me tap again which is to open the task list. I don't even think poor Otto makes it all the way out of the building.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Not happening to me! :shock:
  • BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited July 2015
    Yes, when I assign tasks again I just tap Otto and Grandpa last. Fixed the problem.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    For me, its all instant. Are you reassigning them by re-tapping the chair on top of the building?

Are you waiting for the money to move out of your way? I don't. I tap once on the stacked handshakes, then immediately tap the green chair on top of the byilding TWICE, one right after the other. The first tap lets me tap again which is to open the task list. I don't even think poor Otto makes it all the way out of the building.

Same as me. I have a road in front of the building, but they hardly make it out the door before I reassign them.
    I wait until they are all done and then tap the chair on top the building. It autocollects, I think on the next tap, and then I reassign them and they are all immediately on task.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    shaygitz wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    shaygitz wrote:

It's as much as 20-25 seconds, depending how far they get. Not so awful for the chairs and the 30-second turnaround, but it really screws myntiming up on the 2-minute coffee tasks

I tried your suggestion of waiting a few seconds before putting them back to work, but it hasn't changed anything for me. I'll keep at it

You don't seem to quite be getting what I'm suggesting, but I'm off to bed now, I need my beauty sleep! ;)
    For now, try this:
    Tap the completed jobs
    Wait for the game to collect your rewards from the job
    Or alternatively, wait for all the characters to finish their "victory dance"
    Assign jobs.
    This should AVOID them going walkies. As what I think you are doing is assigning the jobs before these "victory dances" are finished-Abe, Otto and Louie have longer ones than the rest-which causes them to go walkies before recognising they've been assigned a task.

If you are still not getting it, I'll try making a video or taking pictures tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll ask my mate Neggy to come to this thread and see if he understands what I'm saying and maybe he can explain it better. It's late in my country so I'm probably not being very clear. Don't lose faith though, I'm 100% sure I know what's going on with your characters, because it happened to me, so we'll get it sorted!! Good luck, my friend!! :)
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2015

Same as me. I have a road in front of the building, but they hardly make it out the door before I reassign them.
    I wait until they are all done and then tap the chair on top the building. It autocollects, I think on the next tap, and then I reassign them and they are all immediately on task.

Ah Neggy, you're already here! Are u stalking me?! ;)
    I hope you understand what the problem is and can help! I'll be back in the morning to help out more!!
  • mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    edited July 2015

I do exactly as Annette says and have no problems. Otto has never gotten far enough to make a difference. I don't even have a patch of road in front. Tapping on the chair is much quicker than using the character finder. Just remember, 1 tap on the stacked handshakes, then 2 quick ones on the chair.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Ah Neggy, you're already here! Are u stalking me?! ;)
    I hope you understand what the problem is and can help! I'll be back in the morning to help out more!!

I've seen this before outside the SH expansion. It happens in my RTTF town, which is level-26 and not even doing SH, because I only have one little road in the whole town. In that town, if I don't reassign them very quickly then they do their dance and take a walk; even if they are right next to the building. So either

- be really quick about reassigning them, or
    - put a road in front of the building, let them do their dance, and then reassign them.

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:

I do exactly as Annette says and have no problems. Otto has never gotten far enough to make a difference. I don't even have a patch of road in front. Tapping on the chair is much quicker than using the character finder. Just remember, 1 tap on the stacked handshakes, then 2 quick ones on the chair.

:thumbup:
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm really surprised none of you are getting what I'm saying. When did I ever talk about the friend finder?! I don't know what is going so wrong in my explanation, but I'm glad the issue is sorted. I might try and make a video just to illustrate what I was saying just in case anybody else has the same problem.
  • chaffey1973
    122 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    There was a topic about this already. Send Otto on his task last, problem solved.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I had this problem too.

I have no road outside.

Allowing the characters complete their "task completed animation" completely solved it for me. Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!