EA Forums - Banner

Another update and still no stability. Will TSTO ever work properly?

Prev1
Before i lost my 1st sprinfield it used to crash everytime i opened the app, i was able to play 30 seconds or 2 minutes if i was lucky till it crashed

Now that i started a second springfield it has not crash AT ALL, im now at level 22 but with no friends, not so many trees, and very few land, my 1st springfield was total opposite to that

Replies

• MMTheBatman
    19 posts
    edited January 2013
    Try deleting the last couple of friends you added. This is how I fixed this issue a few months ago. Game has been stable since the last major issues in Nov/Dec
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    It started crashing a lot for me some time between the Thanksgiving and Christmas updates.
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    At lest once almost always while doing friend bonus.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited January 2013
    Try deleting the last couple of friends you added. This is how I fixed this issue a few months ago. Game has been stable since the last major issues in Nov/Dec

I have tried this. Another concern I have is that I am no longer able to see incoming friend requests. I get a push notification but when I try to see the requests it just stays on "loading" and will never show the list.

• 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited January 2013
    Almost 70% with issues of some sort.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    Until EA fixes the stability iv found you have one of two choices either cut your freinds list reduce it till you notice an improvement or keep your Springfield small and don't use alot of tree's, fences ect.
  • mynospam2012
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    This is driving me nuts.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    From the results so far I would say not a big problem...

Maybe a number of user issues could be pointed towards device and/or connection quality
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013

Maybe a number of user issues could be pointed towards device and/or connection quality

I would bet the device has a lot to do with it. I play on both a iphone5 and an older ipad that I had to upgrade to iOS 5. The iphone almost never crashes (absent getting a call or something which is really just an exit). The ipad doesn't do nearly as well, doesn't seem to render the graphics quite as smoothly, is a bit sluggish and tends to crash now and then. This is with the same town, same friends. Single data point I know but it seems clear to me that newer, better hardware helps.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    GKpiggy wrote:

I would bet the device has a lot to do with it. I play on both a iphone5 and an older ipad that I had to upgrade to iOS 5. The iphone almost never crashes (absent getting a call or something which is really just an exit). The ipad doesn't do nearly as well, doesn't seem to render the graphics quite as smoothly, is a bit sluggish and tends to crash now and then. This is with the same town, same friends. Single data point I know but it seems clear to me that newer, better hardware helps.

Agreed I moved from original ipad to ipad 2 last year, big difference, plan on going to ipad 3 in a few months so will be even better soon
  • lll3lucky
    546 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The one thing I've learned that with apps and any other computer game is that there will always be bugs. Some games less then others, but with STO they add a lot of content that changes rapidly. So to that I say as long as they have knowledge of the problems EA will probably try to fix them. Just be thankful you haven't lost your whole town as some have :)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013

My son plays on an iPad mini, I play on an iPad 2, we also have the iPod Touch for a dummy/abandoned town. His town is very small (8x9) and he is in the middle of a redesign that he keeps abandoning so most of his decorations are stored away. He never crashes. I on the other hand am constantly crashing.

I thought it was the size and complexity of my town coupled with me having twice as many friends as he has but now I can't help but wonder if it isn't also because the mini is handling this game better than the older iPad 2 (although speaking as a computer person the mini is actually a shrunken down iPad 2).

Anyways....point of this word vomiting is that I didn't think to consider that it could be the device I'm playing on. I've been Jonesing for a new iPad hahaha I'm totally using this as an excuse to get one for my upcoming B-Day.
  • glennsoe
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Today I can't Even blow at the screen before it freezes...

It's beyond stupid..
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree the device plays a part in it. One big difference is amount of ram between the older and newer devices.

I just switched from iPad 2 to an iPad 4 I got for Christmas. I was done with all Christmas update tasks by Christmas Day. I haven't noticed a big difference between the 2 and 4. Both have the same amount of ram, and my town crashes on both of them at least once per day.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    <--- Jealous.

Anyone want to gift me an iPad 4? Pretty please with a donut on top?
  • Twigginater
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have an issue where when I load up the origin screen it loads up vertically and 50% obsucred so I can't cilck on any of the buttons on the right. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have an issue where when I load up the origin screen it loads up vertically and 50% obsucred so I can't cilck on any of the buttons on the right. Anyone know how to fix this?

Yikes. Could it have something to do with the orientation lock on your iPad?
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited January 2013
    My iPad mini crashes a lot more than my original does, yet it's more stable in the friend selection, which helps a lot with the multiplier. I started assuming it happens whenever someone visits our towns when we're in them, but that wouldn't explain why the mini crashes more.

Considering the connection issues I used to have back when they launched the game though, I can't really complain.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Yikes. Could it have something to do with the orientation lock on your iPad?

I doubt so? I locked my orientation on my iPhone and the game loads fine. This is real strange. :?
  • Twigginater
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    As if it's never happened to anyone on here. It's happened to me twice today, after the first time I had to uninstall the game and reinstall, but now it's back!

Its really frustating!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.