EA Forums - Banner

EA: I find your lack of correspondence disturbing

Yeah, let's just drop an app store update but tell NO ONE if it actually fixes the bug, so we're all just sat here trying to figure it out for ourselves. Seriously, the silent treatment from EA has to stop. Would it kill them to spare an employee to post on here and give us the lowdown? Or at least inform the forum mods so they can tell us. We're in the age of social media. EA Swiss Sarl has a Twitter account that it barely ever uses. Also, the people on the phone at EA support more often than not don't know much more than we do. How many times have we been told to "ask the forum" or whatever. Other companies have very active presences on Twitter so there's absolutely no reason why EA Swiss Sarl can't do the same.
For those who were around at the time, how well did they deal with Harpies? Did they keep people informed then, or was it much of the same?
Anyway, rant over. Thoughts?

I wasn't a mod back then but I believe it was a forum member who figured out how to unharp. It took EA a long time to patch. Trust me though, you wanted the harpies.
:)

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    This is clearly one of EA's strategies that they use in order to secure their reputation as the world's worst company, according to the Google search of "worst company in the world".

• LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I wasn't a mod back then but I believe it was a forum member who figured out how to unharp. It took EA a long time to patch. Trust me though, you wanted the harpies.
    many times spAnser has also fixed stuff EA took much more to do
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    many times spAnser has also fixed stuff EA took much more to do

EA should hire spAnser!!! AND they should pay LPNintendo for all of the fantastic info he provides to all of us tappers too!! (not that either of them would want to work for EA...I'm just sayin'!) :mrgreen:
    D'oh!!
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Their uncromelence is annoying and embiggens their reputation as a terrible company.
  • Annathewicked
    4728 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I mentioned in another thread- They obviously CAN talk to us- Theres a nice message that has NOTHING TO DO WITH US on the top of the forum- so we know they CAN communicate- They just DON'T.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • johncolombo
    11635 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I mentioned in another thread- They obviously CAN talk to us- Theres a nice message that has NOTHING TO DO WITH US on the top of the forum- so we know they CAN communicate- They just DON'T.

I figured it out. EA thinks we are the Sims and not the Simpsons. Easy mistake.
    :mrgreen:

Edit: that message is gone now. They must have read this.
    Edit 2: It doesn't show up for me in Safari or Chrome, but I can see it in IE.
    Edit 3: did some research and that message appears on every EA forum that is old school like ours making me wonder if they are slowly rolling all the forums to the new style ones.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited July 2015

yes and it's so annoying keep flashing away.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.