EA Forums - Banner

Hey! It works!

janis810 wrote:
Thank you to all (especially Isabella) who told me that storing SH buildings could propagate new ones. I have been lamenting updating all my condos, as I missed the cute level one condos and couldn't get them back. Lo and behold - two (2) new condos have been spawned in my inventory - at no loss to my REV. Hallelujah!

Okay, have to try thisnow :-)

Replies

• janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    janis810 wrote:
    Thank you to all (especially Isabella) who told me that storing SH buildings could propagate new ones. I have been lamenting updating all my condos, as I missed the cute level one condos and couldn't get them back. Lo and behold - two (2) new condos have been spawned in my inventory - at no loss to my REV. Hallelujah!

It didn't happen right away, so I doubted it. But I keep charts about what I have. I noticed many discrepancies about what I thought I had and what was there. When 2 longed for level 1 condos showed up, I knew I was no longer imagining it.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited August 2015
    janis810 wrote:
    janis810 wrote:

It didn't happen right away, so I doubted it. But I keep charts about what I have. I noticed many discrepancies about what I thought I had and what was there. When 2 longed for level 1 condos showed up, I knew I was no longer imagining it.

So it calls for patience....good to know.
    Do i have to store all condos for it to work?
  • ghallmark814
    2342 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    See this is why we can't have nice things....
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    janis810 wrote:
    janis810 wrote:

So it calls for patience....good to know.
    Do i have to store all condos for it to work?

No, this happened accidentally for me. I have been radomly storing to make room for the mansions I'm moving over. I don't even know if it were a condo that reverted back or if a Business Center morphed into a condo. I write everything down on a chart - how much of each is in storage, and the next day nothing matches my chart. I was doubting my sanity, but then the two low level condos showed up, and that's something I've been posting about for days - how sorry I am that I updated all my condos. So, this was like Christmas and I knew it wasn't my imagination anymore.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I stored a condo last night and it reverted into a classic mansion, leaving me with only 9 condos, but allowing me to built a tenth condo.
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:
    I stored a condo last night and it reverted into a classic mansion, leaving me with only 9 condos, but allowing me to built a tenth condo.

And, when this happens, your REV stays the same. So, it's great - you get to earn more REV all over again. Nice glitch.
  • bgfujino
    498 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Must be "very" random, it has not happened in either of my towns and I'm closing in the Billion finally and have had condos stored most of this event. I would love a level 1 condo.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    Must be "very" random, it has not happened in either of my towns and I'm closing in the Billion finally and have had condos stored most of this event. I would love a level 1 condo.

Sure sounds like a random glitch to me.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    It is very random. For several days I only read about it, and all of a sudden it happened in my SF. It does not happen all the time I store a building, sometimes a valet parking turns into a classic mansions which turns into a modern mansion which turns into a condo which turns into a business center which then dissappears.

I never know how many buildings I have in storage when I check. Right now I have a total of about 20 modern mansions, 15 of which are level 1.

I have tried to figure out what triggers a change, but no luck so far.
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:
    It is very random. For several days I only read about it, and all of a sudden it happened in my SF. It does not happen all the time I store a building, sometimes a valet parking turns into a classic mansions which turns into a modern mansion which turns into a condo which turns into a business center which then dissappears.

I never know how many buildings I have in storage when I check. Right now I have a total of about 20 modern mansions, 15 of which are level 1.

I have tried to figure out what triggers a change, but no luck so far.

I don't know for sure, but I think it may be the constant putting buildings in and out of storage. I currently have 40 buildings at various levels in storage. I have a chart and use that to determine what I can update. Then I take the building out, plunk it in a vacant place, update it, then put it right back in storage. This has resulted in my inventory sometimes showing two buildings of the same type and level side by side, with one showing the amount as "1" and the other as "2." This must confuse the game somehow, because in those cases, eventually one of the identical buildings either disappears, (and I'm allowed to buy another) or it changes to something else. I know I sound like a broken record, because I keep saying how thrilled I was to regain those level 1 condos.

Okay, that's just my theory on how it happens.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I haven't had that happen to me, two buildings at the same level storing side by side. But I believe you are right about the constant taking things in and out storage, because that's when it happens in my game (and it hasn't happened today, but last night it went crazy changing everything all the time).
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Near as I can tell, there is no rhyme or reason how this happens. I swear, I bought and upgraded 15 condos to level one. Which is perfect, because I have zero intentions of upgrading any more Condos further.

I don't keep notes on what I bought because of the changing, but as it stands right now I have 10 condos, but 13 parking valets and 12 classic mansions. I don't think I actually bought 10 Valets though. And right now, I just found a level 2 Valet in my inventory. I would swear I had them all at least level 3. SH Inventory: it's the gift that keeps on giving!
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Near as I can tell, there is no rhyme or reason how this happens. I swear, I bought and upgraded 15 condos to level one. Which is perfect, because I have zero intentions of upgrading any more Condos further.

I don't keep notes on what I bought because of the changing, but as it stands right now I have 10 condos, but 13 parking valets and 12 classic mansions. I don't think I actually bought 10 Valets though. And right now, I just found a level 2 Valet in my inventory. I would swear I had them all at least level 3. SH Inventory: it's the gift that keeps on giving!

And taking :wink:
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

And taking :wink:

Truth!! :D It's okay, I ain't even mad at it. LOL.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    You're welcome. :D
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!