EA Forums - Banner

A Change? One tap

I noticed that as well. It's not too big of a deal to me, there's plenty to tap, and a lot of the indoor tasks are in brown houses, so five minutes and it's ready again.

Replies

• MrPMPisBeefy
    171 posts
    edited August 2015
    My game is doing the same. It could be a glitch, but I love this one tap collect on the buildings. I hate having to tap a building multiple times to collect the tasks and building payout. This one tap collect happened a couple weeks back. It disappeared as mysteriously as it began.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The first update release for Springfield Heights added that feature in. Dunno why it wasn't working for the last week or 2, but it was working at the start when it was first implemented.

Edit: see LPN's post on July 22nd update.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10344694.page
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Linkwick wrote:
    The first update release for Springfield Heights added that feature in. Dunno why it wasn't working for the last week or 2, but it was working at the start when it was first implemented.

I had the same thing. First I got it. Then it just stopped. Then today it came back without even an update. Weird.
  • crsroyal
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Did they also change the tapping priority? It seems I usually had to clear the splashed money before I could tap a new building. Now it clears the Building before the cash on the ground.
  • wadebear
    3406 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I noticed this today as well.

I had wondered what LPNintendo meant when he stated:
    Collection of money, XP, FP and currency is now instantaneous.
    He meant 'simultaneous'.

More importantly: the Z index on icons has changed. Money and XP drops now go BEHIND the rent/menu/thumbs/etc icons, so you can continue tapping them without the payouts getting in your way.
  • TwigletStyx
    1039 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    moarku wrote:
    Linkwick wrote:

I had the same thing. First I got it. Then it just stopped. Then today it came back without even an update. Weird.

This. ^
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I for one LOVE this change! It makes collecting in the morning and after work significantly faster. I have a bunch of Brown Houses for friends to tap, so I'm not worried about leaving any other buildings untapped.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I for one LOVE this change! It makes collecting in the morning and after work significantly faster. I have a bunch of Brown Houses for friends to tap, so I'm not worried about leaving any other buildings untapped.

Agreed. I hope it doesn't go away again.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Maybe it's a precursor to the "collect all" button. ;)
  • wadebear
    3406 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    moarku wrote:
    I've actually been wondering if that's what the IRS Building and IRS Drone I've read about are for.
  • chaffey1973
    122 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    I've actually been wondering if that's what the IRS Building and IRS Drone I've read about are for.
    If the IRS is getting involved, they may take their share of income tax. We haven't paid a penny in taxes yet, lol.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    If the IRS is getting involved, they may take their share of income tax. We haven't paid a penny in taxes yet, lol.

It's ALL taxes. That's why when SH started Cookie made a point of saying those buildings don't produce money because "rich people don't pay taxes." ;-)
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't like the one tap change. I'd rather choose to collect a building or not when clearing a character's task. Hope it changes back again.
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't like the one tap change. I'd rather choose to collect a building or not when clearing a character's task. Hope it changes back again.

amazonprimechic - I think you and I are the only ones who don't like this new development. I had a "neighbor friendly" landing zone always. Tap, tap, tap, and you were free to go on to the next town. With the new SH, I created another neighbor friendly "don't have to look too far" landing zone. But now, I'M tapping on the buildings I meant to be saved for my neighbors. I could develop a mass of brown houses, but that's not my style. Not criticizing anyone else, but just for my town, it's not what I want.

I drove myself crazy today, trying to assign outdoor tasks, regardless of the time. Nothing synched, and it was a royal pain. I have lots of things for neighbors to tap on, because I have lots of buildings - but, I don't expect them to roam my land (I have almost all the land) searching for buildings.

amazonprimechic- maybe you and I are too accommodating? What do you think? Perhaps no one else has this same slant.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    janis810 wrote:

amazonprimechic - I think you and I are the only ones who don't like this new development. I had a "neighbor friendly" landing zone always. Tap, tap, tap, and you were free to go on to the next town. With the new SH, I created another neighbor friendly "don't have to look too far" landing zone. But now, I'M tapping on the buildings I meant to be saved for my neighbors. I could develop a mass of brown houses, but that's not my style. Not criticizing anyone else, but just for my town, it's not what I want.

I drove myself crazy today, trying to assign outdoor tasks, regardless of the time. Nothing synched, and it was a royal pain. I have lots of things for neighbors to tap on, because I have lots of buildings - but, I don't expect them to roam my land (I have almost all the land) searching for buildings.

amazonprimechic- maybe you and I are too accommodating? What do you think? Perhaps no one else has this same slant.

:D
    I do the same thing with purposely leaving buildings untapped around the landing zone for neighbor visits. And yes it bugs me when I have to clear those buildings now because of a character task. The new mountain landing zone compounds the problem since I don't have as many building in that area. The old landing zone had neighbor visit buildings designed into it .

Are we too accommodating? I don't think so. I just consider it part of being a good neighbor. Its just the way I've always played.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I've been thinking about this, and wanted to give it a few days before I weighed in (I wanted to give it a bit of a try before I made up my mind). I'm not a fan of this either. It seems somewhat neighbour unfriendly. However, I have enough buildings at this point there should be plenty of stuff for neighbours to tap regardless. But during events, and during the current SH expansion, most people tend to tap close to the current landing zone for convenience and the one tap is taking some of those buildings away from them.

Also, for lower level players it is probably quite frustrating as they rely on those buildings to be tapped by their neighbours for FP points and they have a limited number of buildings to begin with.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    I've been thinking about this, and wanted to give it a few days before I weighed in (I wanted to give it a bit of a try before I made up my mind). I'm not a fan of this either. It seems somewhat neighbour unfriendly. However, I have enough buildings at this point there should be plenty of stuff for neighbours to tap regardless. But during events, and during the current SH expansion, most people tend to tap close to the current landing zone for convenience and the one tap is taking some of those buildings away from them.

Also, for lower level players it is probably quite frustrating as they rely on those buildings to be tapped by their neighbours for FP points and they have a limited number of buildings to begin with.

In our RTTF towns at low levels we had to build multiple KBs, KEMs, and Brown houses in order to get a 5 star rating. Those regenerate very quickly. I don't like the looks of it, but I want the bonus and I want neighbors to be able to tap.

For a while we could plant perfection and it would regenerate on the spot for neighbors to tap 3 times, but this got fixed recently.

I'm hoping the next event does not have tapping on buildings. :wink:
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well, I have to say, it is working out for me, even though I was sure it wouldn't. The thing is: I DO have plenty of things for neighbors to tap on, but I didn't want to make neighbors scroll all over my town looking for them. Since this new "one tap" I have noticed that, even though my neighbors have to look a little harder, they rarely make it even a third down my land. So, I think, in the long run I will gain extra cash from their tapping. Buildings once untapped for days are now tapped daily.

(If you are a neighbor and had trouble tapping, please PM me.)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!