EA Forums - Banner

Danger about the mystery stockings

Is it me, or anyone else been disappointed with the "exchange rate" of Santa coins to donuts? As 5 donuts gets 10-20 Santa coins, I'd expect 50 Santa coins to get more than 1-2 donuts, but that's all I've seen for now. I understand donuts are the money maker for the game, but this isn't much of a Christmas present...

Replies

  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    kenmorecam wrote:
    Is it me, or anyone else been disappointed with the "exchange rate" of Santa coins to donuts? As 5 donuts gets 10-20 Santa coins, I'd expect 50 Santa coins to get more than 1-2 donuts, but that's all I've seen for now. I understand donuts are the money maker for the game, but this isn't much of a Christmas present...

    Disappointed? Are you joking? With the Halloween candy, your extras just disappeared. Now you get cool stuff. I've gotten about 40 donuts and 11 reindeer, with five more days to collect coins. I had finished all the Santa stuff before Christmas but still collected coins, just in case. Now it's paying off. Thank you EA!!
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    kenmorecam wrote:
    Is it me, or anyone else been disappointed with the "exchange rate" of Santa coins to donuts? As 5 donuts gets 10-20 Santa coins, I'd expect 50 Santa coins to get more than 1-2 donuts, but that's all I've seen for now. I understand donuts are the money maker for the game, but this isn't much of a Christmas present...

    If you have been playing this for a while you would know that donuts are hard to come by. This an extremely easy way to get donuts and is very generous of EA.
    I am not disappointed.
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    I know, I'm not disappointed either....just a little afraid of hitting the purchase button after the gifts end...

    I spent 70 dollars on donuts two weeks ago.....this is the first freemium game I've spent money on....

    I'm very addicted....but I love it....
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    maybe this is there "master plan" to get you hooked on dounts lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    maybe this is there "master plan" to get you hooked on dounts lol

    :shock: I never thought of this. I think you may be correct :shock:
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    That's what I was implying....hehe...but I hope they do this more often....by the way, do you think there will be an Easter special, with decorations and eggs/coins? Just like Christmas?

    I hope they are reading this and steal my idea....

    Which holiday do you think they'll do next?
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    danscoelho wrote:
    That's what I was implying....hehe...but I hope they do this more often....by the way, do you think there will be an Easter special, with decorations and eggs/coins? Just like Christmas?

    I hope they are reading this and steal my idea....

    Which holiday do you think they'll do next?

    I like all seasonal updates. Easter would be cool even if it was only a small one like thanksgiving. As others have said it would be the perfect time to give us Ralph. I choo choo choose you!
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    I like all seasonal updates. Easter would be cool even if it was only a small one like thanksgiving. As others have said it would be the perfect time to give us Ralph. I choo choo choose you!


    You're right.....Ralph is hilarious :)
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    danscoelho wrote:
    I like all seasonal updates. Easter would be cool even if it was only a small one like thanksgiving. As others have said it would be the perfect time to give us Ralph. I choo choo choose you!


    You're right.....Ralph is hilarious :)

    Wanted Ralph for a long time. Saving my donuts for the next update just in case they do introduce him but he is premium.
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    Wanted Ralph for a long time. Saving my donuts for the next update just in case they do introduce him but he is premium

    Is there a chance he won't be premium?
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    danscoelho wrote:
    Wanted Ralph for a long time. Saving my donuts for the next update just in case they do introduce him but he is premium

    Is there a chance he won't be premium?

    A very good chance. I have no idea. I'm just saving to be safe. It would be good if he came with the wiggum house as non premium.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    Definitely a master plan Neo! Think about it, they're drip feeding you 1-3 donuts at a time, enabling you to buy small premium items. Once you've bought one, that feeling of euphoria is short lived and in no time you're craving more and more and BAM they stop supplying...then you need your own supply.

    Donuts are an A class pastry.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    Definitely a master plan Neo! Think about it, they're drip feeding you 1-3 donuts at a time, enabling you to buy small premium items. Once you've bought one, that feeling of euphoria is short lived and in no time you're craving more and more and BAM they stop supplying...then you need your own supply.

    Donuts are an A class pastry.

    mmm Donuts lol there like Duff beer....cant get enough of that wonderful stuff LOL
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    Definitely a master plan Neo! Think about it, they're drip feeding you 1-3 donuts at a time, enabling you to buy small premium items. Once you've bought one, that feeling of euphoria is short lived and in no time you're craving more and more and BAM they stop supplying...then you need your own supply.

    Donuts are an A class pastry.

    Exactly
  • 0007macca
    29 posts
    edited January 2013
    After spending a fortune on donuts over the past few months I think this stocking idea is great and a nice treat for regular players!!

    I just wish I had carried on collecting coins from friends after I completedall the tasks cause I'd have loads more than I have right now!

    Just need to not waste all these free donuts accidentally speeding up tasks like I normally do!!
  • HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    0007macca wrote:
    After spending a fortune on donuts over the past few months I think this stocking idea is great and a nice treat for regular players!!

    I just wish I had carried on collecting coins from friends after I completedall the tasks cause I'd have loads more than I have right now!

    Just need to not waste all these free donuts accidentally speeding up tasks like I normally do!!

    I did the exact same thing. After SLH I stopped collecting. I'm regretting it now :(
  • Lloydy68
    200 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm still waiting to get back 36 donuts that just disappeared
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.