EA Forums - Banner

It's never enough

Prev1
Pls elaborate on the meaning of ad hoc, I thought it meant well organised :?

Replies

• Ransom1337
    74 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ad-hoc is quite the opposite of organisation, it means to do something without planning it.
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited January 2013
    Worst part right now for my town is I like how my town center looks like, but since I expanded quite a bit, it's off center and more in the corner... I'd have to shift everything over a couple of blocks! :evil:
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ransom1337 wrote:
    Ad-hoc is quite the opposite of organisation, it means to do something without planning it.

Ohh ok cheers. Now if I told you I should be graduating with a first class in English this year, I bet you wouldn't believe me haha
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    The one problem is not seeing the full picture, well not without some real effort anyway.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ransom1337 wrote:

Ohh ok cheers. Now if I told you I should be graduating with a first class in English this year, I bet you wouldn't believe me haha

Lol I bet it's better than mine though !

I'm a bit of an adhoc engineer in my job so it's one of the only words I know haha
  • melserd
    233 posts
    edited January 2013
    Pls elaborate on the meaning of ad hoc, I thought it meant well organised :?

Lol I wanted to ask that question but was afraid to so thank you :oops:
    Just proves the theory , there's no such thing as a stupid question :shock:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm about to do a massive expansion today. 10 down and 12 across and I'm dreading it but what else am I going to do with the 3 million I have banked? LOL even then I will still have 2 million left.

I will probably just buy the land and leave it be till after the snow melts. I've got some ideas for my town and I'm ready to change some things up.

I suspect though that the land expansion will royally screw things up and throw everything off kilter.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    It does suck when you think you have it right but don't. As much as I'd like to change my town, it isn't worth the hassle.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    UGH!

I didn't have enough money and now my perfectly even town is all lopsided. I am NOT PLEASED! Must be a perfect rectangle or it makes my OCD crazy.

Stupid $100K plots! Took all my money, from $3 million to 60K in the blink of an eye and all that white expanse of land *shudder*. I wish I could sell it back! LOL
  • roifwoha
    10 posts
    edited January 2013
    So encouraging to see others who feel the need to "move things over a block or two" to keep them centered! Ha - I thought I was alone...I'm a proud farmer (don't hate on me: it's just the way I play) with only three columns of land left to buy (by my calculations, that's just under $3 million in land costs).

I've figured out where the eventual "center" will be and as a placeholder, I have the black hole in that spot right now.

I've been thinking that my ultimate idea is to put SOMETHING in the center, and have all the roads and planning work out from that center. City Hall? The Simpson house? Whatever my newest building is? Not sure.

If you think of a "center" in your Springfield, what do you put there?
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    UGH!

I didn't have enough money and now my perfectly even town is all lopsided. I am NOT PLEASED! Must be a perfect rectangle or it makes my OCD crazy.

Stupid $100K plots! Took all my money, from $3 million to 60K in the blink of an eye and all that white expanse of land *shudder*. I wish I could sell it back! LOL

Wow that's a bit of cash spent!
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited January 2013
    Man, how do you guys have so much cash!? My land plots 'only' cost 40k and I need the space!

Final plan so far is have my park/garden with statue of jebediah in the middle and build everything around it... I just want the middle so my OCD can go away :(
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Worst part right now for my town is I like how my town center looks like, but since I expanded quite a bit, it's off center and more in the corner... I'd have to shift everything over a couple of blocks! :evil:

Ugh. Agreed. Not about you town, but about the shifting of town center and the landing screen. A new found frustration. Yay!
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm in exactly the same situation but I'n putting it off because I know it will be a task and a half, plus i want to wait for the update to come through first.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    Using the friends' money grab system, I've accumulated $6 million in a week. My Springfield (danshep233, not the username I use here) has been stagnant for weeks as I bought all the land. Well, I finally redesigned everything (about 95 percent done) but I will likely have to toss more than half of it due to freezing issues. Guess I was too ambitious and used too many things. Oh well.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Using the friends' money grab system, I've accumulated $6 million in a week. My Springfield (danshep233, not the username I use here) has been stagnant for weeks as I bought all the land. Well, I finally redesigned everything (about 95 percent done) but I will likely have to toss more than half of it due to freezing issues. Guess I was too ambitious and used too many things. Oh well.

You got more patience than me man! Well played
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Now I'm crashing like crazy. I don't think it was the land expansion, I think it is all the people coming into my town to get coins so doing some culling today because I only have the bottom row of land left. More important to me to make my town the most beautiful of beautiumous then to do the money grab.

Don't worry my lovely forum regulars, ya'll are safe from my scissors!
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Don't worry my lovely forum regulars, ya'll are safe from my scissors!

Like I was worried!
  • Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    Right now I won't even bother trying to make my Springfield look good, it's just a giant blue house farm so that when I've bought all expansions I can build a good Springfield. So I never have to do it again just because I decided to buy another damned piece of land -.- A long way to go for sure, getting the money takes forever :(
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Only crashing in the build menu now but at least I haven't had to cull my friends list.

And......because it's never enough......I've started preparing for Burns Mansion by designing where it will go. It had better be in this next update or I'm going to have a very odd bit of land lol.

Was watching some show about fancy mansions and really liked the way these people did their driveway so I brought it to Springfield. Now I've got to figure out how to work the moat in and the Venice feel to it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!