EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

• PiperWyatt
    165 posts
    edited August 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    Well I hit my limit today in a "record" 30 minutes and 2 projects and all before 5:30am so I guess I have the rest of the day off in one town at least. Sebastian is resting. The other town has one one more project to go and a few more cans :shock:
    I'm now resigned to this pace of play as it clearly seems designed.

This. I could only hand in 2 projects. I know i could hand in more yesterday. This is weird. Sure this is not a bug?
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but could people stop saying "I only handed in (amount) projects" the limit is not on the projects its on the amount of blueprints the projects payout, if you want more projects do the ones with smaller amounts.
  • the_stiller
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I maxed out after getting about 3.000 blueprints today (+ bonus for 2 daily projects). That seems a bit strange. No one can go working cause there's metal and trash all over but no chance to change it. Well, good for the heights, bad for the monorail.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I maxed out after getting about 3.000 blueprints today (+ bonus for 2 daily projects). That seems a bit strange. No one can go working cause there's metal and trash all over but no chance to change it. Well, good for the heights, bad for the monorail.

Do you know if you went over 1500 blueprints yesterday?
  • the_stiller
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

Yep, I did. Must have been about 5.000 yesterday, a lot of minor projects and a 2.200+-project as the topper.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

Yep, I did. Must have been about 5.000 yesterday, a lot of minor projects and a 2.200+-project as the topper.

Thank you :thumbup: you've helped confirm what we know about how the limits work
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Remember to add the 1000 blueprints you technically have earned today (on every 5th day you get 5000) and also as we get tracks we get more possums which mean more blueprints

I did. 4344 +1200 +1000 = 6544. I rounded to 6700 with possums, but the odd half dozen more of them are never going to make up the shortfall.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Remember to add the 1000 blueprints you technically have earned today (on every 5th day you get 5000) and also as we get tracks we get more possums which mean more blueprints

I did. 4344 +1200 +1000 = 6544. I rounded to 6700 with possums, but the odd half dozen more of them are never going to make up the shortfall.

Well neighbour visits are another 540 and about 200 from people visiting you, but I'm not sure why your total appears to be low
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Edit: double post :roll:
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    day 1: 6000
    day 2: 18000 (13000 if you do not count the 5000 bonus)
    day 3 (now): 25000 (20000 if you do not count the 5000 bonus)

So I got around 6000 on day 2 and day 3 from just doing projects.
    The cap is still stupid tho because now I have to wait 19 hours.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well done Aidx for all of your hard work figuring all this out, but the logic at play for EA is mad.
    •As your maths shows, freemium players cannot get enough Blueprints per day to get Ray Patterson by the end of Act I.
    •With all the resources you can get-and quickly too-it only gets you ~4,500 blueprints a day, and then there's nothing else to spend it on.
    •They've done these caps so we don't get loads of bonuts, which we don't get anyway,
    •Or, so we don't get many Monorail Tracks, which would conceivably make this event pointless (imagine releasing Squidport, but no Squidport tiles).
    •It looks like at the end of Act III we get a building that allows us to get loads of Monorail Tracks anyway!!
    •This was all seemingly done in response to complaints there wasn't enough to do in events, and yet it means the event takes an hour total out of our day each day!!!!

I mean, I'm not getting it wrong here right?!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Well done Aidx for all of your hard work figuring all this out, but the logic at play for EA is mad.
    •As your maths shows, freemium players cannot get enough Blueprints per day to get Ray Patterson by the end of Act I.
    •With all the resources you can get-and quickly too-it only gets you ~4,500 blueprints a day, and then there's nothing else to spend it on.
    •They've done these caps so we don't get loads of bonuts, which we don't get anyway,
    •Or, so we don't get many Monorail Tracks, which would conceivably make this event pointless (imagine releasing Squidport, but no Squidport tiles).
    •It looks like at the end of Act III we get a building that allows us to get loads of Monorail Tracks anyway!!
    •This was all seemingly done in response to complaints there wasn't enough to do in events, and yet it means the event takes an hour total out of our day each day!!!!

I believe you are absolutely right! All the time I have left for other things (like commenting on this forum) because I don't have to grind, grind, grind. What to do with it?
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

I'm just doing my bit to help the forum, I have a few things to say:
    -I agree that it'll be hard for us freemium players but I think the dedicated ones will get there (in the last 2 or 3 days probably) let's hope EA adjust a few things to make it even just a little easier.
    -atleast they have compensated by giving use 6 free donuts (clearly this is their response to the endless bob glitch)
    -they limited squidport tiles so I suppose it is possible they would limit tracks
    -I think the reason that we don't have anything to spend metal or junk on is because of people complaining about the amateur buck shop and wanting to spend in game cash
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

freemium players can get the last prize.
    If you manage to get 6000 from projects, 540 from friends and 320 from possums you can easily get 7000 a day.
    7000 times 11 days = 77000. You will for sure get 2*5000 bonus (maybe even 3) = 87000. Which means you are missing 2500. But as you probably earn a bit over 7000 you have a big change you get 2500.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

freemium players can get the last prize.
    If you manage to get 6000 from projects, 540 from friends and 320 from possums you can easily get 7000 a day.
    7000 times 11 days = 77000. You will for sure get 2*5000 bonus (maybe even 3) = 87000. Which means you are missing 2500. But as you probably earn a bit over 7000 you have a big change you get 2500.

You're not always going to get 6,000 blueprints from the Project Board each day, when Aidx's maths shows the cap equates to about 4,500 per day. You can't guarantee finishing on a ~2,000 blueprint exchange every day. :(
    I wish it was like that though!! :)
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    + as I understand it, if you go over the daily cap of 4500 by say 500, the 500 will be deducted from the following day's cap of 4500, allowing you only 4000 that day, which explains why mine capped out at 4314 today - I went over 4500 yesterday by almost 200 blueprints, so there really isn't any benefit to go way over the max each day unless you want to get a headstart on the next day because you know you'll be busy.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    lets just see how this will turn out. then on Saturday if we are all low and behind schedule lets just contact EA alot and hope that we geta fair cap.

I feel like the cap should atleast be an increase of 6500 so you atleast make a huge progress each day.

I'm worried I won't make it to the end with school starting again next week.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:
    lets just see how this will turn out. then on Saturday if we are all low and behind schedule lets just contact EA alot and hope that we geta fair cap.

I feel like the cap should atleast be an increase of 6500 so you atleast make a huge progress each day.

Wow! You go back to school next week? Can I ask what country you live in? Because here in Britain, that's pretty early, I'm sure! I mean, I've not been to school for a few years, but you don't forget when the Summer Holidays begin and end!!
    bette3900 wrote:
    + as I understand it, if you go over the daily cap of 4500 by say 500, the 500 will be deducted from the following day's cap of 4500, allowing you only 4000 that day, which explains why mine capped out at 4314 today - I went over 4500 yesterday by almost 200 blueprints, so there really isn't any benefit to go way over the max each day unless you want to get a headstart on the next day because you know you'll be busy.

That's ridiculous. I posted this on another thread, but I'd like to post it here too, especially as it's pretty applicable right here:

As Aidx's maths prove on the Q&A and Strategy Thread, it's not possible, to realistically get Ray Patterson as a Freemium player. Tired Sebastian not being a glitch is horrible. If we want to get all the prizes quickly, that is our right, just as its also our right to take it slow and stagger our progress if we want, but forcing everybody to go at a slow pace is wrong, as is needing to be premium to get everything right now. These changes were done so we didn't have to log in all of the time during the event, but with the forced-upon-us tiny margins, this is the first time I feel forced to log in all of the time to complete the acts.

Really disappointed that the thing we've waited for for so long is really poorly executed.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

Wow! You go back to school next week? Can I ask what country you live in? Because here in Britain, that's pretty early, I'm sure! I mean, I've not been to school for a few years, but you don't forget when the Summer Holidays begin and end!!
    bette3900 wrote:

That's ridiculous. I posted this on another thread, but I'd like to post it here too, especially as it's pretty applicable right here:

HANG ON, I NEED TO COPY AND PASTE IT AGAIN!!

The Netherlands, I had summer holiday since the beginning of July
  • the_stiller
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    But is there a difference between freemium and premium players? The premium players have more Springfielders to work for metal and trash - but they can't spend more on projects, can they? The only option would be to buy this neighbourhood-card to get double blueprints when visiting them (which is not an option for me as I just have about 10 neighbours).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.