EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Actually there is something I forgot to mention in my calculations but for simplicity I'll just say it here:

    My calculations show that a freemium player can earn around 7680 a day but the calendar shows we need 8123 a day.
    But if you look the calendar starts on day 2 (this is because not everyone can play day 1, in Europe it started in the late evening)
    So therefore there is an extra 4500 I haven't calculated in regards to the limit.

    If you multiply 7680 by the 11 days on the calendar you get: 84480
    Subtract that from 89353 (the final prize) you get: 4873
    4873-4500 (the extra limit I didn't calculate)= 373
    Dividing this by the the 11 days you get 34 so basically those extra possums we will get later will cover this, so it is possible for freemium players! :D

    Please tell me if I need to explain this better or if you have any questions please ask.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    But is there a difference between freemium and premium players? The premium players have more Springfielders to work for metal and trash - but they can't spend more on projects, can they? The only option would be to buy this neighbourhood-card to get double blueprints when visiting them (which is not an option for me as I just have about 10 neighbours).

    I would recommend having at least 30 neighbours (so you can have the full 540 blueprints) you can add me if you want :D

    And also premium players can buy an extra station or the slurry factory to earn more
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    But is there a difference between freemium and premium players? The premium players have more Springfielders to work for metal and trash - but they can't spend more on projects, can they? The only option would be to buy this neighbourhood-card to get double blueprints when visiting them (which is not an option for me as I just have about 10 neighbours).

    The maths is on page 1, but I'll summarise it here fir you. :)
    As you mentioned, there's the Dump Card to double blueprints from neighbours, as well as Little Lisa's Slurry, which produces, I think 350 blueprints every four hours, and the Krustyburger Station, which produces a minimum of 8 possums, again every four hours I think, and that's another 80 blueprints for tapping them. There's more information on increasing the possum count, also on page one. There's not much there yet, but I'll update it as we get more information.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Actually there is something I forgot to mention in my calculations but for simplicity I'll just say it here:

    My calculations show that a freemium player can earn around 7680 a day but the calendar shows we need 8123 a day.
    But if you look the calendar starts on day 2 (this is because not everyone can play day 1, in Europe it started in the late evening)
    So therefore there is an extra 4500 I haven't calculated in regards to the limit.

    If you multiply 7680 by the 11 days on the calendar you get: 84480
    Subtract that from 89353 (the final prize) you get: 4873
    4873-4500 (the extra limit I didn't calculate)= 373
    Dividing this by the the 11 days you get 34 so basically those extra possums we will get later will cover this, so it is possible for freemium players! :D

    Please tell me if I need to explain this better or if you have any questions please ask.

    Thanks again Aidx, you're a superstar! One less thing to be annoyed about on this event! If you summarise this a bit cleaner I'll add it to the front page!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but could people stop saying "I only handed in (amount) projects" the limit is not on the projects its on the amount of blueprints the projects payout, if you want more projects do the ones with smaller amounts.
    I know you are not being rude and as a way of explaining; my "B" town I handed in 1 project with a total of 1,012 blueprints and another of 1,136 blueprints so well below any limits. In my "A" town I took a different strategy and handed in a project with 8 blueprints then one with 2,176 blueprints before being locked out but again well before any daily limits should have kicked in.
    I have been playing TSTO a long time and pretty much know what I'm doing but this one has me baffled.
  • the_stiller
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    But is there a difference between freemium and premium players? The premium players have more Springfielders to work for metal and trash - but they can't spend more on projects, can they? The only option would be to buy this neighbourhood-card to get double blueprints when visiting them (which is not an option for me as I just have about 10 neighbours).

    The maths is on page 1, but I'll summarise it here fir you. :)
    As you mentioned, there's the Dump Card to double blueprints from neighbours, as well as Little Lisa's Slurry, which produces, I think 350 blueprints every four hours, and the Krustyburger Station, which produces a minimum of 8 possums, again every four hours I think, and that's another 80 blueprints for tapping them. There's more information on increasing the possum count, also on page one. There's not much there yet, but I'll update it as we get more information.

    Ah, thanks, I forgot about those buildings. :)
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but could people stop saying "I only handed in (amount) projects" the limit is not on the projects its on the amount of blueprints the projects payout, if you want more projects do the ones with smaller amounts.
    I know you are not being rude and as a way of explaining; my "B" town I handed in 1 project with a total of 1,012 blueprints and another of 1,136 blueprints so well below any limits. In my "A" town I took a different strategy and handed in a project with 8 blueprints then one with 2,176 blueprints before being locked out but again well before any daily limits should have kicked in.
    I have been playing TSTO a long time and pretty much know what I'm doing but this one has me baffled.

    Hmm, that is quite low. Is it possible that you went over the limits by a very big amount yesterday?
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    But is there a difference between freemium and premium players? The premium players have more Springfielders to work for metal and trash - but they can't spend more on projects, can they? The only option would be to buy this neighbourhood-card to get double blueprints when visiting them (which is not an option for me as I just have about 10 neighbours).

    I would recommend having at least 30 neighbours (so you can have the full 540 blueprints) you can add me if you want :D

    And also premium players can buy an extra station or the slurry factory to earn more

    Also dont forget the power of GOOD neighbors 30 you need for yourself BUT visit ALL because you wanna have them visit you to all 100 :mrgreen:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Some notes:

    LICENSE PERMIT:
    The license permits an extra 540 blueprints a day. That's about 6.6% of the 8,123 needed. That may end up being an important 6.6%. That is not typically the case in these events. The license in other events has not determined WHETHER a person can reach the final prize, but HOW EASILY they can do so. Those of us who were lazy (like me) would buy one and not have to sign on as often.

    PACE OF EVENT:
    MAYBE what they want to do is let us NOT need to grind all day, BUT make us do short visits more often, stopping in to squish possums. Which, frankly, does not help at all.


    POSSUMS:
    We have, so far, a gap of about 2,000 blueprints per day. That ALREADY factors in the original 8 possums. (Correct me if that's way off!) The possums seem to be our only hope for closing that gap. Each possum, assuming we NEVER sleep, can generate a maximum of 60 blueprints per day. We would need (counting on fingers) 33 more possums -- and THAT would assume that we had them NOW, because every day that gap is getting wider.


    EA IS WASTING THOSE AWESOME TASK ANIMATIONS:
    I wish we could continue to send characters on those tasks as much as we can/want, even AFTER we cap out. Even if it was just for a tiny bit of ingame money. Or even NO money at all. Or be able to send them on those tasks as a 24 hour task. I LOVE the animation on those tasks. It's a shame to waste them, and would make it "feel" more like an event to have some Springfielders wandering around picking up trash all day long for no pay. ;)

    EARNING TRACKS AFTER EVENT (I HOPE)
    During the Squidport questline, did you folks collect some tiles during the event, but not all? If so, I think this event will work out the same way. Because obviously you couldn't have earned 150 tiles (or whatever the max was) by the end of the Squidport event. In my opinion, the monorail tracks may work the same as tiles do now. After the event, we will be able to "make" tracks slowly, one-at-a-time, and they will take longer (and be more expensive) as we make them. At least that's what I HOPE happens.

    Tl;dr
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Actually there is something I forgot to mention in my calculations but for simplicity I'll just say it here:

    My calculations show that a freemium player can earn around 7680 a day but the calendar shows we need 8123 a day.
    But if you look the calendar starts on day 2 (this is because not everyone can play day 1, in Europe it started in the late evening)
    So therefore there is an extra 4500 I haven't calculated in regards to the limit.

    If you multiply 7680 by the 11 days on the calendar you get: 84480
    Subtract that from 89353 (the final prize) you get: 4873
    4873-4500 (the extra limit I didn't calculate)= 373
    Dividing this by the the 11 days you get 34 so basically those extra possums we will get later will cover this, so it is possible for freemium players! :D

    Please tell me if I need to explain this better or if you have any questions please ask.

    Is anyone able to summarise this into a few sentences? I can't seem to shorten it down
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    bgfujino wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but could people stop saying "I only handed in (amount) projects" the limit is not on the projects its on the amount of blueprints the projects payout, if you want more projects do the ones with smaller amounts.
    I know you are not being rude and as a way of explaining; my "B" town I handed in 1 project with a total of 1,012 blueprints and another of 1,136 blueprints so well below any limits. In my "A" town I took a different strategy and handed in a project with 8 blueprints then one with 2,176 blueprints before being locked out but again well before any daily limits should have kicked in.
    I have been playing TSTO a long time and pretty much know what I'm doing but this one has me baffled.

    Hmm, that is quite low. Is it possible that you went over the limits by a very big amount yesterday?
    No, I did not go over on either town BUT I did pay donuts to speed up an act one prize on both towns thus giving me "extra" blueprints. This must also be used in the calculations somehow. I am tapping all 100 neighbors in both towns and have both stations thus rodents and Lisa's mill. I will pay better attention to what exactly is going on.
  • glennsoe
    184 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm at about 24000 blueprints, is that on par with how I should be doing?
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    No, I did not go over on either town BUT I did pay donuts to speed up an act one prize on both towns thus giving me "extra" blueprints. This must also be used in the calculations somehow. I am tapping all 100 neighbors in both towns and have both stations thus rodents and Lisa's mill. I will pay better attention to what exactly is going on.

    I suppose it could be possible that speeding up the prizes confused the game making it think that the extra blueprints came from projects, although I don't know how code works so I could just be talking crazy
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    glennsoe wrote:
    I'm at about 24000 blueprints, is that on par with how I should be doing?

    Wow, you are a day ahead of the calendar (its on the first page if you want to see it) did you spend donuts?
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    glennsoe wrote:
    I'm at about 24000 blueprints, is that on par with how I should be doing?

    Wow, you are a day ahead of the calendar (its on the first page if you want to see it) did you spend donuts?

    I am also a day ahead of schedule. All because of the 5000 bonus
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Annette:
    I can't really understand what you are saying about possums, would you mind rephrasing

    And about the animations, I hope we get to keep them after this event I love Quimby's and Ned's, its a real shame they didn't give the metal workers any special animations
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    glennsoe wrote:
    I'm at about 24000 blueprints, is that on par with how I should be doing?

    Wow, you are a day ahead of the calendar (its on the first page if you want to see it) did you spend donuts?

    I am also a day ahead of schedule. All because of the 5000 bonus

    Ah, yes the lucky few that got them early in the event, I could have got them but I foolishly went in before the update just to collect my mystery box :roll: but at least I got a news van
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    glennsoe wrote:
    I'm at about 24000 blueprints, is that on par with how I should be doing?

    Wow, you are a day ahead of the calendar (its on the first page if you want to see it) did you spend donuts?

    I am also a day ahead of schedule. All because of the 5000 bonus

    this... every 5 days you're going to get 5K in the daily bonus (instead of the mystery box)... even if you're freemium (which I am) you can hit the goals if you play regularly... I'm already over 24K blueprints (200 short of the next prize)

  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Some notes:

    LICENSE PERMIT:
    The license permits an extra 540 blueprints a day. That's about 6.6% of the 8,123 needed. That may end up being an important 6.6%. That is not typically the case in these events. The license in other events has not determined WHETHER a person can reach the final prize, but HOW EASILY they can do so. Those of us who were lazy (like me) would buy one and not have to sign on as often.

    This is a really good point actually, and this is a good place to mention it costs 90 donuts during Act I, but 60 during Act II and 30 during Act III, which maybe goes to show EA realise how important it's going to be. Maybe it's also worth figuring out exactly when you need it, maybe you don't need it in Act I? I dunno.
    PACE OF EVENT:
    MAYBE what they want to do is let us NOT need to grind all day, BUT make us do short visits more often, stopping in to squish possums. Which, frankly, does not help at all.

    Yeah, this didn't work at all, as I said, I feel more pressure to log in often now, because the margins have been made so tiny by EA's need to pace us.
    POSSUMS:
    We have, so far, a gap of about 2,000 blueprints per day. That ALREADY factors in the original 8 possums. (Correct me if that's way off!) The possums seem to be our only hope for closing that gap. Each possum, assuming we NEVER sleep, can generate a maximum of 60 blueprints per day. We would need (counting on fingers) 33 more possums -- and THAT would assume that we had them NOW, because every day that gap is getting wider.

    Quite a bit of this is wrong now, check Aidx's new Maths on page 1. Next time I change that (if I do) I'll note it on the most current page. Also, how have you got that 60 blueprints figure? And because I don't know if you're aware, but we can increase the amount of possums based on how many tracks we put down, but we don't have much information yet.
    EA IS WASTING THOSE AWESOME TASK ANIMATIONS:
    I wish we could continue to send characters on those tasks as much as we can/want, even AFTER we cap out. Even if it was just for a tiny bit of ingame money. Or even NO money at all. Or be able to send them on those tasks as a 24 hour task. I LOVE the animation on those tasks. It's a shame to waste them, and would make it "feel" more like an event to have some Springfielders wandering around picking up trash all day long for no pay. ;)

    EARNING TRACKS AFTER EVENT (I HOPE)
    During the Squidport questline, did you folks collect some tiles during the event, but not all? If so, I think this event will work out the same way. Because obviously you couldn't have earned 150 tiles (or whatever the max was) by the end of the Squidport event. In my opinion, the monorail tracks may work the same as tiles do now. After the event, we will be able to "make" tracks slowly, one-at-a-time, and they will take longer (and be more expensive) as we make them. At least that's what I HOPE happens.

    Tl;dr

    I agree on both these points, the task animations are great, I hope we have a way of keeping them around afterwards. Maybe your two points will be linked? We do the resources farming to work towards getting extra tracks after the event?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • Mrsarney
    80 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I would love to be doing my neighbor visits but every time I try, my game crashes. This is so frustrating! I am missing out on blueprints and I'm not helping my neighbors! :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.