EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Actually there is something I forgot to mention in my calculations but for simplicity I'll just say it here:

My calculations show that a freemium player can earn around 7680 a day but the calendar shows we need 8123 a day.
    But if you look the calendar starts on day 2 (this is because not everyone can play day 1, in Europe it started in the late evening)
    So therefore there is an extra 4500 I haven't calculated in regards to the limit.

If you multiply 7680 by the 11 days on the calendar you get: 84480
    Subtract that from 89353 (the final prize) you get: 4873
    4873-4500 (the extra limit I didn't calculate)= 373
    Dividing this by the the 11 days you get 34 so basically those extra possums we will get later will cover this, so it is possible for freemium players! :D

Please tell me if I need to explain this better or if you have any questions please ask.

Is anyone able to summarise this into a few sentences? I can't seem to shorten it down

Never mind then Aidx, I'll just add it as is! :)
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • MrPMPisBeefy
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The theory is off. It's not possible to earn even 7000 blueprints a day as a freemium player. I was allowed 2 jobs. One for 1900 bps and the other for 2000 bps. Even with possums every 4 hrs, friends and the daily bonus, I will be short. With all of this the max I could get would still be just shy of 6000 bps for today. It's 10 am and I have nothing more I can do with this event for today. Not cool.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Mrsarney wrote:
    I would love to be doing my neighbor visits but every time I try, my game crashes. This is so frustrating! I am missing out on blueprints and I'm not helping my neighbors! :(

A solution I've found is to let the game pick up what you've earned from tapping. It's not perfect, but it makes it much more bearable for me!
  • nedimaz
    207 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    After we determined (I hope so) the mechanism behind project blueprints limitation, I'll try to "narrow it" further in next days, to see what exactly number of projects I have so I could hopefully manipulate it on last day

I know that this will not be very useful as the reward itself is not big (I will only get closer to limit on last day and then use some big project to hit the final limit), so you could call this "micromanagement", but here it goes anyway

Today my last project was 767 blueprints. That means that I have at minimum 13500 and maximum 14266 blueprints earned by projects (total).

Tomorrow the cap will be raised for another 4500 BP (to a new total of 18k BP). As I don't know how much exactly I have, I have only "the limit zone", I will test that zone with smaller projects. Which means I can hit limit anywhere between 3734 and 4500 BP from projects (and of course, for bigger amounts), and any result between will help me to narrow it down.

For example, if I hit limit at lets say 4000, I will apply this formula:

Today theoretical minimum = 13500 + 4000 = 17500
    Today theoretical maximum = 14266 + 4000 = 18266

Because I know that cap for tomorrow is 18k that would automatically mean that I am somewhere between 18000 and 18266, which is narrowed. And same for next day and the next etc.

But if I achieve 4000 BP in projects and I don't hit the limit, that means that any project under 266 blueprints will bring me even closer.

I hope I didn't explain this too complicated.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The theory is off. It's not possible to earn even 7000 blueprints a day as a freemium player. I was allowed 2 jobs. One for 1900 bps and the other for 2000 bps. Even with possums every 4 hrs, friends and the daily bonus, I will be short. With all of this the max I could get would still be just shy of 6000 bps for today. It's 10 am and I have nothing more I can do with this event for today. Not cool.

Have you read my whole breakdown? It's the second comment on the first page
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    you know we don't even know how much the cap will raise. We assume its 4500 because it went from 4500 - 9000 - 13500. Maybe EA wants us to have a slow start and near the end get lots of currency.

Maybe the cap of Saturday will be 6500 higher than the one from friday. Who knows.
  • asyousay10
    48 posts
    edited August 2015
    So I am on track as I got locked out again and i have 24000 so far ?

Coz if I am behind then I just won't even bother at this rate . If I grind then I get where I need to be so this new twist is a utter joke .
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:
    you know we don't even know how much the cap will raise. We assume its 4500 because it went from 4500 - 9000 - 13500. Maybe EA wants us to have a slow start and near the end get lots of currency.

Maybe the cap of Saturday will be 6500 higher than the one from friday. Who knows.

I love your undying positivity for this event, in this day and age, and on an Internet forum of all places, it's really refreshing!! We could all do with more positivity! :D

Can anybody find out whether the cap will consistently rise by 4,500 each day for Act I? Or will it get bigger later on in the Act?
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:

True, maybe EA haven't told us the limit because they haven't decided if they should keep it at 4500, but I may just be optimistic
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    asyousay10 wrote:
    So I am on track as I got locked out again and i have 24000 so far ?

Coz if I am behind then I just won't even bother at this rate . If I grind then I get where I need to be so this new twist is a utter joke .

You'll have to check the Daily Charts on the front page to be sure! :)
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Thx to put the picless chart in this thread :wink:

@AOFIGO009, aidx1054

Also wanna thank you guys for all your great work to!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • nedimaz
    207 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:

There was information on some other TSTO site, directly from files, and from that it looks like that limit will rise 4500 each day steadily, until 18th August (including that day). Then, on last 4 days of Act I (19th to 22nd), the limit moves by 9k, thus making the final limit 72k.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015

@AOFIGO009, aidx1054

We're just doing our part to help the forum but I definitely wouldn't be able to do it without everyones helpful comments and of course AO for running this thread perfectly
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    nedimaz wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

There was information on some other TSTO site, directly from files, and from that it looks like that limit will rise 4500 each day steadily, until 18th August (including that day). Then, on last 4 days of Act I (19th to 22nd), the limit moves by 9k, thus making the final limit 72k.

Really?! That is great! :D do you remember the name of the site i would love to read what other info they got from the files
  • chaffey1973
    122 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I didn't read this entire topic, but one of my neighbors already has over 600,000 blueprints. He also got to the billionaire's club in a couple days in SH. How are these things possible?
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I didn't read this entire topic, but one of my neighbors already has over 600,000 blueprints. He also got to the billionaire's club in a couple days in SH. How are these things possible?

That would be the H word we don't talk about
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    nedimaz wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

Really?! That is great! :D do you remember the name of the site i would love to read what other info they got from the files

That does sound good, if there's information for Act II and Act III there too, me and Aidx could have the maths and updates sorted and on the front page as soon as the Act hits. Aidx, I suggest if this is the case, we could sort it over PMs?
    aidx1054 wrote:

@AOFIGO009, aidx1054

We're just doing our part to help the forum but I definitely wouldn't be able to do it without everyones helpful comments and of course AO for running this thread perfectly

Awwww shucks!! You guys!!! :oops:
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

That would be the H word we don't talk about

Couldn't it also just be donuts? ;)
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    That does sound good, if there's information for Act II and Act III there too, me and Aidx could have the maths and updates sorted and on the front page as soon as the Act hits. Aidx, I suggest if this is the case, we could sort it over PMs?
    Yes definitely, the sooner we get the info the sooner we can sort through it and post things up.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    bgfujino wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but could people stop saying "I only handed in (amount) projects" the limit is not on the projects its on the amount of blueprints the projects payout, if you want more projects do the ones with smaller amounts.
    I know you are not being rude and as a way of explaining; my "B" town I handed in 1 project with a total of 1,012 blueprints and another of 1,136 blueprints so well below any limits. In my "A" town I took a different strategy and handed in a project with 8 blueprints then one with 2,176 blueprints before being locked out but again well before any daily limits should have kicked in.
    I have been playing TSTO a long time and pretty much know what I'm doing but this one has me baffled.

Hmm, that is quite low. Is it possible that you went over the limits by a very big amount yesterday?

I think the best way of figuring out whether that cap is accurate would be to get a running total of those of us who actually REACHED the "Whatshisname is too tired" screen every day since Day One.

So: ONLY for those who have FINISHED Day Three and started on Day One and actually REACHED the "he's too tired" screen already THREE times:

1. What is your total number of blueprints at the end of Day Three?

2. Over the course of three days, you have earned a total of 54 blueprints from each neighbor, up to a MAX of 30 neighbors. Multiply 54 times the number of neighbors you have, ONLY COUNTING the first 30 neighbors! SUBTRACT the result from your current total.

3. Do you have the license (if so, SUBTRACT 1,620 from that grand End-of-Day-Three total, assuming you visited 30 neighbors ?)

4. Have you ALREADY gotten your weekly bonus of 5,000? (If so, SUBTRACT 5,000 from your current total.)

5. Did you buy the Krusty station? (If so, you get APPROXIMATELY 8 possums (80 blueprints) extra every four hours. Multiply 80 times the approximate number of times you have collected FROM KRUSTY STATION up to the end of Day Three. SUBTRACT the result from your current (end-of-Day-Three) total.

6. Approximately how many friends visited you? Take a wild guess, okay? You only get 3 blueprints per NEIGHBOR, so the variance won't matter THAT much. (Multiply the number of wildly estimated neighbor visits over the course of the past three days, by "3". SUBTRACT that number from your grand total below. This will take the number-of-faithful-visitors factor out of the picture.)

IF the theory of 'caps' is true, then we SHOULD be able to (SORT OF) prove it. Once we remove all those VARIANTS, we should be -- in GENERAL -- at APPROXIMATELY the same total. The spread should not be significantly large.

I'm just beginning Day Three. But let me illustrate my calculations for the end of DAY TWO:

1. My total blueprints at the end of DAY TWO is about 16,000.

2. I have visited 30 neighbors, both days. (SUBTRACT 1,080)

3. I have the license (SUBTRACT another 1,080)

4. I have NOT received the 5,000 blueprint bonus. (NO CHANGE)

5. I DID buy Krusty station late yesterday, and collected from it only twice so far. 80 extra blueprints x 2 collections = 160 (SUBTRACT 160)

6. I have received a TOTAL of approximately 60 visits, FROM my neighbors. That's a two-day total. (60 x 3 = 180) (SUBTRACT 180)

JUST FOR SAKE OF ILLUSTRATION, AFTER TWO DAYS, after removing the variants, I had a "base" of $13,500 to compare to the rest of you.

Does that sound right AT ALL?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.