EA Forums - Banner

Question about EA_Gypsy

aidx1054
1554 posts Member
We have awesome mods now, so that's all I need to know.

Replies

• nick012345678900
    2272 posts
    edited August 2015
    A mod will probberley correct me if am wrong here but the mods are in no way ea employees these are just volunteers helping keeping this forum ticking over. They try to help out with issues and try and make it a good place. Occasionally there are people who disrupte forums but in they end they get caught and removed.

Ea gypsy is I think the head of ea forums and am guessing head of mods someone higher than Neo is.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    We have awesome mods now, so that's all I need to know.

I 100% agree, the mods are brilliant and I would never say a bad thing about them either.
    A mod will probberley correct me if am wrong here but the mods are in no way ea employees these are just volunteers helping keeping this forum ticking over. They try to help out with issues and try and make it a good place. Occasionally there are people who disrupte forums but in they end they get caught and removed.

Ea gypsy is I think the head of ea forums and am guessing head of mods someone higher than Neo is.

You are probably correct, I guess somebody needed to control the forums from the second they started. But I wonder where did EA_Gypsy go?

• nick012345678900
    2272 posts
    edited August 2015

You are probably correct, I guess somebody needed to control the forums from the second they started. But I wonder where did EA_Gypsy go?

Probberley still about am not sure but might be more active on a different forum/s. Remember morning time cloud or whatever the name is whom appeared on hear now and again well this mod is more active on madden.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm pretty sure EA-Gypsy is either not working for EA anymore, or is in another department now. Either way, she stopped posting to the forum before October 2012. Probably during the long period after the game was first released in the App Store in Feb/March 2012, and taken back off the AppStore, and the time it came back around September 2012.

I'm not sure if she ever actively moderated the forum, possibly a little to start with, but this was mostly designed as a player forum, so I guess we were trusted to get along without moderators.

Why did she leave? Probably only she knows, could have been anything. Got bored, quit, got fired, retired, died, got promoted. Maybe she's still here lurking? :shock:
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    mwdalton wrote:
    I'm pretty sure EA-Gypsy is either not working for EA anymore, or is in another department now. Either way, she stopped posting to the forum before October 2012. Probably during the long period after the game was first released in the App Store in Feb/March 2012, and taken back off the AppStore, and the time it came back around September 2012.

I'm not sure if she ever actively moderated the forum, possibly a little to start with, but this was mostly designed as a player forum, so I guess we were trusted to get along without moderators.

Why did she leave? Probably only she knows, could have been anything. Got bored, quit, got fired, retired, died, got promoted. Maybe she's still here lurking? :shock:

Thanks for sharing the info! :thumbup:

P.s. Your avatar really suits that last sentence :lol:

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Thanks for sharing the info! :thumbup:

P.s. Your avatar really suits that last sentence :lol:

It really did! :lol:
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    mwdalton wrote:
    I'm pretty sure EA-Gypsy is either not working for EA anymore, or is in another department now. Either way, she stopped posting to the forum before October 2012.
    This is very disappointing. I've been waiting patiently 3 years for EA_Gypsy to return so I could try to steal some of her tears. :-(
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2015
    EA_Gypsy was one of the people who arrange setting up the forum, and posting certain threads to introduce the forum to people.

As Dalton says EA-Gypsy is no longer here and hasnt been since the forum started, main objective was to get a few threads out to kick it off.

In regards to whether EA-Gypsy still works or is associated with EA we may never really know, EA like to keep things on the down low :lol:

If you have any issues there are plenty of mods on this forum that are more than willing to help with any questions you may have, or you can contact myself.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited August 2015

:shock: There could be someone higher than Neo is!? :lol:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!