EA Forums - Banner

Good heavens, what to do with the Monorail?

I don't think I'm allowed to post the full details but....

-SPOILER ALERT-

There are more stations coming within the weeks

Replies

• bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    My town is in need of a major re-do after the last couple of updates including all the new land so I'll probably try to incorporate the monorail into the whole town (or as much as I can with the pieces available).
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:
    My town is in need of a major re-do after the last couple of updates including all the new land so I'll probably try to incorporate the monorail into the whole town (or as much as I can with the pieces available).

I also need to do a re-design badly, it awesome all this new land has come so needed but now need some down time to sort the town out
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

My town is becomming a mess as well. I have just dumped things on the available land, and was just in the process of moving things back/from SH, when this event came.

Luckily we are on holiday, so we have extra time to tap.

I want the monorail to go around my town, like a public transport should. Unless it crashes in act 3. Then it will go into storage.
  • thatdonald845
    1588 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I started playing when I had just returned from living in Paris so I made a boulevard type strip right through the middle of my town - two parallel roads with a narrow strip of grass in between. This will be ideal. I just hope it isn't going to be impossible to get the track to bend across from the station.

I'd like to know how much track it is going to be possible to get. Hopefully quite a lot.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    yes it will need a redesign for sure but at least the track will go over roads to help incorporate it
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't know if this could be done in another topic so mods feel free to move or delete where necessary. I'm new to this forum lark.

Anyway have been perusing my Springfield with a beady eye and I just have reservations about ripping up my whole town and having the monorail move all around my town. So what are people's thoughts on what their end game will be with the rail? Will it run all around the town or just have a little section where it runs around in a circle over a few buildings? I'm kind of leaning towards that idea. Put my monorail staton and then have the tracks run in a circle or or a variation on the shape, and then when I can afford it run through the Krusty drive thru station and that's it. With buildings below it.

I may have just rabbited on there but sure you get what I mean... Over and out.
    It all depends how much track we get in the end, I'm just going anywhere with it right now, then after a redesign is in order.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited August 2015
    I'm just going to have the monorail L-shape around town. It works for me because I still haven't bought the east-most and north-most strips of land.

Plus I also have a house farm lined up across my northmost Springfield that I don't use anymore. Not sure if I want to take that down or keep it. Maybe I will keep it to give friends something to tap while I'm not playing.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm going to have to move quite a bit of stuff around, because I definitely want my Monorail running all throughout my Springfield.

That being said, kudos to EA for dropping a ton of new land on us recently.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!