EA Forums - Banner

Are you enjoying this event?

Prev13
I'm enjoying this event. Even though we technically have to farm for resources, I'm In favor of no crafting, which this

event does not contain!

Replies

• empathy77
    4192 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I feel like I am done with the event by 10am since I can't hand in anymore projects.

That aspect is kinda boring, after I am done with my hand ins I set my characters to recycle more trash and after 2 hours I am full again, then they go back to SH to work.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Nice idea, some good content, but so far poor implementation (don't they field test to check out glitches and annoyances ?)

IOW: room for improvement and "a job mediocrely done"
  • o0zoe
    150 posts
    edited August 2015
    I'm really enjoying but finding that getting over 8k a day will be impossible through grinding. Hoping that they allow more task completion soon.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    seems pretty straightforward, great content and storyline. Im enjoying it and look forward to seeing all the monorail designs
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    If they fix the Tired Sebastian glitch, I would really be enjoying it. Otherwise, I have nothing to do since I can't turn in any projects and everything else is maxed out.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Between Springfield Heights and the Monorail, the game has been expanded so much further than what it was. Really enjoying it a lot. 9/10.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Love the dump and junk, gonna rough up my downtown nicely when the dust settles.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Not really enjoying this event so far.

Feels like they should have spaced this and Springfield Heights further apart, considering the whole creating materials concept feels like a replica of Heights.

I'd prefer tapping possums and dumping garbage in other Springfields as the main objective personally, rather than it feeling like an afterthought to the creating material part.
  • 24rsava24
    107 posts
    edited August 2015
    The monorail is pretty nice, but overall I think this event is very boring. The daily limit on the project board makes it even worse. I wish there were more decorations or small prizes we could craft with trash.
  • 1ahackamacka
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I would rate it about a 2/10 so far. Can't turn in projects means I have nothing to do after playing for an hour or 2. I had really high expectations and thought this could have been better then stonecutters (which was my favorite event so far) but it's not even close. This is much closer to clash of the clones then stonecutters, atleast with **** i had things to do.
  • marcjas458
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Considering how much I really dislike SH, the monorail is ok. I give SH a 2 (only because I want a money tree I can't yet purchase) and monorail a 4 because I like the prizes. I wish these two had been better linked or something.

After Monsarno, having to reset tasks every hour has left a bitter taste in my mouth. So now it's every 30sec!? Ugh...I really hope this not the new norm...

Also...just to be whiney, I didn't get a chance to clean up my town after tapball. What the snot!

But...I am happy everyone else is enjoying these events as it keeps the forum light and happy.

Edit: I am enjoying dumping trash in neighbors buildings and my kids did the stink lines hilarious.
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I've started late due to being on jury service so I'm playing catch up. However my game is crashing so often (just about every time something is ready to collect or when trying to visit neighbours, Krustyland, Springfield Downs...get the idea!!...) that the game is becoming more of a trial than an enjoyment. Also because there are so many problems posted I can't make out what we are supposed to be doing.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I really hate all this crafting- I wish we had something to craft.
  • alexggoldsmith2
    34 posts
    edited August 2015
    I absolutely love it, it's going slow but if it's to keep us at a pace then I'm completely fine with that, seems to be a fairly easy event to unlock all the characters with.

Loving the tie-in of two classic episodes, the story and dialogue at the start of the event was hilarious. Hoping Lyle makes more appearances as the weeks move along.

Crafting is more fun in this than in SH, maybe because I love the look of the dump, but it also produces the contents much faster and we get some nice characters animations with it too.

I think my only complaint is that I can't put the tracks over smaller decorations such as trees and fences, everything else is awesome.

It's going to take me a couple of months to save up for all the extra land, I keep putting of nuking my town and the game keeps making it harder for me to do so!
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I love that i am working towards building a monorail but that's about it.

This event is so strange. Previous event reward you for playing the game a lot and this one is the opposite.

I log in first thing in the morning and then i have new things to do on my project board. Since i have full garbage and metal from the day before i decide to do the option that results in the most blueprints. I do 2 and then i can no longer do anymore and have nothing left to do for the rest of the day. OK well i guess every 8 hours i can kill a few possums for very little blueprints. All i have left to do is fill my garbage and metal stash for the next day. Oh wait i can do neighbor visits once a day also.

This event is stupid. there is no benefit to logging in frequently.
    If they at least let you continue doing things off the project board all day it would be so much better.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Tbh im quite enjoying this update at the moment its not as hectic as previous events, hope it doesnt get to hectic in the next stages, logging in every 30mins or less is just to much work for a game :roll:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    if it wasn't a monorail event I would give it a 1 or a 2 (mainly due to the tired sebastian glitch but also because it seems like what projects you get are different from town to town (I have 3 towns and saw different first projects this morning (all had reached the no more tasks message yesterday,)

because there's a monorail maybe a 3 or 4 (but it can't run from SH to sprinngfield and the tracks can't cross parking lots so a 3 (if it wasn't after SH which I really also disliked it might be a 5
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    No I don't enjoy it, because I have the same problem as everybody else with handling in projects.

I just don't understand it. Is there a limit on BPs? Does it change from day to day? Why? How are we supposed to get the prizes if we can not get the BP? (well donuts...). Is it a glitch? Is it a strategy? Is is Superman?

Other events were also a bit confusing in the start, but at least you found out about it after a few days. This one has a lot of threads where people are guessing, calculating this and that and posting possible ideas.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm enjoying it for two reasons:

1. I can't play often because I have a full-time job and lots of housework, so I'm able to do a lot in just a little bit of time (unlike SH where I have to grind, grind, grind to get anywhere)

2. It's much simpler than the Terwilliger Bob event or even Tap Ball. You only have a couple of things to keep track of. Granted, this might change when we get the glass and plastic recycling plants, but even so.

When DO we get the glass and plastic, BTW? And I hope that you don't have to use metal to get glass or something--that's just not right, factually. It should be crafted from junk only.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    As Aidx's maths prove on the Q&A and Strategy Thread, it's not possible, to realistically get Ray Patterson as a Freemium player. Tired Sebastian not being a glitch is horrible. If we want to get all the prizes quickly, that is our right, just as its also our right to take it slow and stagger our progress if we want, but forcing everybody to go at a slow pace is wrong, as is needing to be premium to get everything right now. These changes were done so we didn't have to log in all of the time during the event, but with the forced-upon-us tiny margins, this is the first time I feel forced to log in all of the time to complete the acts.

Really disappointed that the thing we've waited for for so long is really poorly executed.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.