EA Forums - Banner

Characters showing as not purchased, cannot use for tasks- large number.

Prev13
You have exactly the same problems as me. Are your roads,pavements and water messed up as well?

Replies

• lesliebl4
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Yes, roads, etc. very messed up. Added it to the Floor post thread.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rfalmeida23
    3 posts
    edited August 2015
    I'm having this same issue.
    Many of my characters have just disappeared from my town and after I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game they're now showing as "under construction" on Heights and Monorail buildings.
  • stevetdda0201
    57 posts
    edited August 2015
    Just bumping this to the top,hoping EA will take notice. Update is virtually unplayable like this.
  • rfalmeida23
    3 posts
    edited August 2015
    I'm so frustrated that I can't play the game.
    I'm afraid I may never seen again some of my limited time characters from previous events.
    EA please help us with this.

Case 19720730
  • gothi1972
    4 posts
    edited August 2015
    Having the same issue.. Can't collect metal or junk for the event because most of my character's have disappeared :(
  • MAH1N
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    EA please help solve this problem!!!

After it said "under construction", I decided to store the affected buildings and it brought the lost characters back. That still leaves Lisa and Cookie "lost" because it won't let me store their respective buildings.

On the bright side I still have all my premium characters but I won't keep playing unless this is sorted out.
  • lesliebl4
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Is posting this issue, which also was opened with ticket 19707994 several days ago, going to be worked on by EA as it is a core issue affecting the game, as well as $$ spent for the characters/buildings???
  • alunited1961
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Same here happened yesterday after I tried to move monrail station. Stored the relevant buildings got everyone back but Lisa so worried about how I will progress with act 2.

Lodged with EA but last night the call events semed unaware of the issue.
  • transponster
    24 posts
    edited August 2015
    I'm also having this issue.

How to a log a problem with EA?

Though I've heard EA won't do anything about this.
  • MAH1N
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I searched for "Tapped Out help" and followed the procedure which led to a live chat feature. The kind bloke made a case for me and said it would be looked into. While it hasn't been sorted out yet, I was given 15 donuts for being "diligent".

I really hope Lisa isn't needed for the next Act otherwise I'm gonna demand more compensation!
  • transponster
    24 posts
    edited August 2015
    MAH1N wrote:
    I searched for "Tapped Out help" and followed the procedure which led to a live chat feature. The kind bloke made a case for me and said it would be looked into. While it hasn't been sorted out yet, I was given 15 donuts for being "diligent".

I really hope Lisa isn't needed for the next Act otherwise I'm gonna demand more compensation!

Thanks, I'll try that. The only character that's been deleted for me and needed for the event is Mr. Burns - so far anyway.

I've also noticed it's not just the character and their respective building that's been restored - but all the decorations surrounding said building too. It's really frustrating as I can see me having to rebuild my town, which I've been working on since November 2012. :(
  • BeLikeTheDude
    419 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just got this - game freaked out after moving around monorail track pieces - now mr burns and rev love joy are showing as under construction - buildings have disappeared but are now back.

Hoping this gets fixed instead of the usual restore your game back a day solution they have used in the past.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • BeLikeTheDude
    419 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Ok - I fixed my problem. Here's how - for both characters I put their associated buildings in inventory - when I put buildings back - the characters popped back into the game. Love joy was a simple one - he was then reassign able to collect metal.

Mr burns is impacted by the random task glitch -,I was only able to get him going again by storing the cooling towers, bringing them back but moving the cooling towers to a different area since my entire plant would disappear if I put it in its usual spot. Burns was task able for medal pickup and his random task of running the plant popped into the task menu.

I think I'm reset but not confident it's not going to blow up again.
  • transponster
    24 posts
    edited August 2015
    Ok - I fixed my problem. Here's how - for both characters I put their associated buildings in inventory - when I put buildings back - the characters popped back into the game. Love joy was a simple one - he was then reassign able to collect metal.

Mr burns is impacted by the random task glitch -,I was only able to get him going again by storing the cooling towers, bringing them back but moving the cooling towers to a different area since my entire plant would disappear if I put it in its usual spot. Burns was task able for medal pickup and his random task of running the plant popped into the task menu.

It won't let me restore it as the buildings disappear when I try to. I log into my game and they're there. Everything looks fine until I go to send one of those characters on a task, and it says I need to buy them. I go to build mode to put the building back in my inventory and that's when everything disappears - including in live mode. Then when I go out the game and back into it, everything is there - until again, if I go to build mode or try to send one if the deleted characters on a task. It's really frustrating.
  • BeLikeTheDude
    419 posts Member
    edited August 2015

It won't let me restore it as the buildings disappear when I try to. I log into my game and they're there. Everything looks fine until I go to send one of those characters on a task, and it says I need to buy them. I go to build mode to put the building back in my inventory and that's when everything disappears - including in live mode. Then when I go out the game and back into it, everything is there - until again, if I go to build mode or try to send one if the deleted characters on a task. It's really frustrating.

Only worked for me if I moved the building to an entirely different area ( preferably totally open area ). Without doing that I was getting the disappearing affect in that area for me also.

• transponster
    24 posts
    edited August 2015
    It won't even let me move it as the building just disasters whenever I go into build mode to do so.

Did you re-purchase it? I thought about doing that, but I'm afraid that would make things worse.
  • BeLikeTheDude
    419 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    It won't even let me move it as the building just disasters whenever I go into build mode to do so.

Did you re-purchase it? I thought about doing that, but I'm afraid that would make things worse.

No - I didn't repurchase anything but logged out continuously between moves. Took a lot of trial and error but worked for me.

Hope it straightens out eventually for you. It is fixable
  • transponster
    24 posts
    edited August 2015

No - I didn't repurchase anything but logged out continuously between moves. Took a lot of trial and error but worked for me.

Hope it straightens out eventually for you. It is fixable

Finally managed move the plant towers and get Mr. Burns back. I'm afraid to move it back to it's original spot in fear of losing it again. Just need to do the same for the other 14 characters. :roll:
  • stevetdda0201
    57 posts
    edited August 2015
    Bump
  • BBSJoker
    2 posts
    edited August 2015
    I too am having this issue.

I contacted EA (via chat help) last week and this afternoon. They told me a patch is coming, and I need to post my issues here as well.

Not a particularly satisfying answer, but I'll play along for now.

I have many characters also not being recognized. They have the "buy Now" next to them for the various monorail tasks. The buildings also show, but when I play with store functions, half my town disappears.

I can be patient in waiting for a patch, but this has definitely prevented me from advancing in the game. I have characters that can't complete tasks and only a limited set that can participate in the monorail event. I am being denied donut opportunities and am worried I won't get monorail pieces since I can get blueprints.

So EA, I can be patient, but I hope to be compensated with Act 1 donuts and Act 1 monorail prizes since I've stopped playing for the last 5 days while my town has suffered through this severe glitch.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.