EA Forums - Banner

Santa village dilemma

Prev1
I know that the non-premium buildings and the graveyard produce cash. There time schedule is the same as it was with treats, but now produce cash.

Replies

• acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am thinking about getting it once I get paid, along with a few other premium buildings. it just adds to the completeness of the town
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    I didn't bother with it. It will seem so out of place once the snow is gone. There are more premium items on the way.
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited January 2013
    The Halloween buildings all produce cash at the same rate they produced treats. I was able to incorporate them into my Springfield, so they're still up. I can't imagine how I'd work the Santa Village into mine, but if you think it would work in yours, go for it.

Keep in mind, though, that we're due for another update soon, which will likely mean new premium items. Might want to consider that if you've got doughnuts burning a hole in your pocket.
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lrc1 wrote:
    I kinda want it now, but don't know if it is worth the doughnuts with only days left of the Christmas theme.

I know exactly where to put it and don't think it would look too out of place after the snow goes, plus I have quiet a fee doughnuts left from a purchase I made. I'm not a collector, so I won't be bothered if I don't have it though.

Will it produce cash all year round? If so how much do limited edition Halloween ones produce?

What would you do?

I finally bought it a few days ago. I love Christmas and I think I can fit it into my town once the snow is gone. It's a gamble assuming it will produce cash, but as others have mentioned the Halloween buildings that produced treats now produce cash. I think for 200 donuts people would revolt if it did nothing after the event is over! Not that that would stop EA, but there's not reason NOT to turn it into a cash building.

I think it's fun looking, it gives you a place to display at least some of your reindeer, and you get Santa Homer if that's interesting to you.
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited January 2013
    rrpj007 wrote:
    I was able to incorporate them into my Springfield, so they're still up. I can't imagine how I'd work the Santa Village into mine, but if you think it would work in yours, go for it.

I was thinking of putting it directly behind Krustylu studios, kinda like a back lot with a film set in it, and hide the Santa village sign with deco.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am wanting to get everything I can get to make my town look awesome and I don't think the town would look complete without it hiding somewhere
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited January 2013
    totally agree. Springfield needs its santa village. and on the bright side you will get a xmas stocking every 2 days with the coins it generates plus the santa homer's coins. Might get some more donuts before january 10th :)
  • stakov
    71 posts
    edited January 2013
    In what universe does santa's village belong in January?
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad I bought it, I put it next to the Springfield Sign and Volcano Lair. Best part is I get 25 coins a day and Santa Homer has a 60min task for 2 coins.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    stakov wrote:

The TSTO universe! I'd say buy Santa's village.

After 6 more months or so of updates, a limited amount of land, and continued crashes from too many decorations, I'll probably be jockeying premium buildings in and out of inventory just to change things up and keep my SF fresh. Santa's village may pop up in the middle of my town in the middle of summer just for fun :D
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    stakov wrote:

Why shouldn't it exist past december? it will more than likely still give you some sort of pay out. or you could just put it in storage and hold onto it till next year
  • coffret_do
    144 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you like it, then I would say go for it. I did not regret buying it around Christmas. I have a little santa's village with the reindeers in my town. It's nice and you know Santa doesn't just work at Christmas, he works all year around... LOL
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't mind Santa's village, I place mine on the outskirts of town like in real life. After all they don't knock down Santa's village in real life every year so why should i?
  • quagmire74
    39 posts
    edited January 2013
    Please add me I only have 23 players and am a level 24 I'm a daily player latest addition is the hospital ADD ME quagmire74 :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    quagmire74 wrote:
    Please add me I only have 23 players and am a level 24 I'm a daily player latest addition is the hospital ADD ME quagmire74 :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

This is not an add me thread. look somewhere else for those.
  • vaicilajean
    102 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I bought it toward the end of the season too, because I agree with other posters here that it can be incorporated into the town either as one of those year-round Christmas stores or as a kind of theme park attraction to go with the TV studios (a la Disney World). It sounds to me like the OP wants to buy it, but it is worth calculating how many donuts you'll have left over, since there will no doubt be gotta-have-it premium items coming in the next update.
  • jbondra
    204 posts
    edited January 2013
    It would be neat if they added something like a "closed for season" sign on the front after the next update.
  • heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget that Santa Homer should start paying out premium task money instead of coins once the Christmas stuff ends. That's what happened with Witch Marge, and this will most likely be same deal.
  • stakov
    71 posts
    edited January 2013
    stakov wrote:

Why shouldn't it exist past december? it will more than likely still give you some sort of pay out. or you could just put it in storage and hold onto it till next year

My dear friend, how is the Easter bunny going to feel when Santa is stepping all over its territory? This could only end in a blood bath. And TSTO is a family game.
  • bravopilot
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I like Santa's village it reminds me of the one in Scott's Valley ca in the 60's & 70's but I am sure all the trees around mine are what's making my game crash
    7ec6ecfcf5308b468ebcc6b9464e99d7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.